Author Topic: Introducing PBCup Summer 2009 4v4 League  (Read 37057 times)

Bix

• Autococker
Introducing PBCup Summer 2009 4v4 League
« on: May 21, 2009, 05:43:48 PM »
PBCup is back and hosted by eR33t.

This is an introduction to what will be happening in the next weeks. I am going to give an outline of the league and how it is going to be hopefully ran . We will be using the PBCup sub-section, although since it hasn't been used in over a year I figured I would start here with the introduction. There are going to be a few changes from how it was ran in the past. Also I would like to note that nothing said here is in stone; therefore, everything has the possibility to change.

~~~Outline~~~

-PBCup Summer 2009 will be in a Four vs. Four format as it has been in the past.

-The league will start in early June.

-We are planning on having FOUR weeks of regular season. This will include roughly seven matches with one bye. Therefore each team will have about two matches a week. After that playoffs will take place.

-The maplist is currently under discussion. We will either have 7, 9, or 11 maps.

~~~Rules~~~

-The two teams competing will choose the time that they want to do their match.

-Each match will consist of 3 maps. One map chosen by your team, one by the other team, and the final will be a tie map that is ALWAYS played.

-You can only choose a map ONCE (this may change) in the regular season.

-The tie map will be chosen in one of two formats (not decided yet).
A. A tie map assigned to each half-week.
B. Each team chooses their map then the maps they DON'T want. See below for example.

Example with 7 maps: You choose 'A', the other team choose 'B'. That leaves 5 maps left, each team then choose two maps they don't want to play for the tie. The fifth map that is left is the tie map.

-There will be some form of a 'ticket' system to prevent clan hopping. For example each player has four tickets. That means they can only change rosters four times throughout the whole season. Rosters will be locked before playoffs start.

-Each map you win will award you with 1 point. For example you can get 3 points in a match if you win all three maps. Regardless of winning the first two maps, the tie map is played.

Hopefully PBCup can make a full comeback and create a stable league in DP. This will need participation from many of the clans in DP. I would also like to note that nothing is set in stone; therefore, everything has the chance to change. Please post all comments, questions, and concerns.

-eR33t Gaming-

EDIT: Euros will be allowed to play, although all matches will be played on eR33t-Gaming servers in the USA.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:37:24 PM by Bix »

doughz

• Stingray
Re: Introducing PBCup Summer 2009 4v4 League
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 05:46:56 PM »
nice

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 06:03:37 PM »
Filthy euros allowed too, or is this American only?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 06:08:11 PM »
Sound good. Status Quo should be able to participate.

Some map suggestions: (Not sure if needed)
Pbcup_sassault
Propaint1
Pbcup_pforest
Pbcup_renoir
Carpathian
Castle1
zparr11_beta
Wobluda
Tatras
CCC
Prolandr

Maybe:
OTH
Pbcup_everglades
Propaint2
Propaint3

All i can think of for now, hope it helps and was needed.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 07:20:10 PM »
Or an own pbcup for euros and an own one for americans?

We have server (eu, germany), if u need them.

The tiemap format A could be interesting, but i like B more :P
I hope there are no beta or ice-speed-jump maps in the maplist.
The 'ticket' system against clan hoppers is a good idea. I think 1-2 tickets are enough.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 07:27:07 PM »

The tiemap format A could be interesting, but i like B more :P
I hope there are no beta or ice-speed-jump maps in the maplist.
The 'ticket' system against clan hoppers is a good idea. I think 1-2 tickets are enough.

As of right now I think we are leaning towards no euros. If we allow euros it will probably be ONLY American servers. Then another problem arises, timezones. Although this is subject to change.

The tiemap format A was used in PBCup in the past. The tiemap format is also still up for discussion.

I can say for 100% that there will be no beta maps. I don't see ice-speed-jump maps being on the list either.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 08:37:39 PM »
i like format a for tie... that way, it's set for each week, no disagreements.

or have a tie map list and teams can only choose from that tie map list.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 08:54:42 PM »
One beta map might be used as of now, and that would be twiling.  Hopefully it will be completed before the start of this league though.

hauke

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 10:51:06 PM »
As of right now I think we are leaning towards no euros. If we allow euros it will probably be ONLY American servers. Then another problem arises, timezones. Although this is subject to change.

good luck finding enaugh teams then :/

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 12:04:12 AM »
what do you win?

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 12:09:51 AM »
what do you win?

a meal for 2 at bernies original pizza parlour

i have a tournament fully organised atm that could be used for a euro PBCup and if u have servers for it everything will be linking together perfectly
we need to talk again sometime in OTB Soccer :D:D

i'll post details if u want a euro PBCup

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 12:12:20 AM »
can americans play in the euroPBCup??

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 12:13:53 AM »

if Bix agrees we can have one for both
only euros in the euroPBCup and only americans in the americanPBCup - if it happens

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 03:26:21 AM »
Kyuuchi I don't think you can organise a cup like this tbh. Also, talk about it somewhere else, since this is a thread for the American-only PBCup.

Euros are only called when needed. Pretty fun to see that. :)

Good luck everyone.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 04:54:07 AM »

What answer did you expected? They symapthy toward other nations is best described in 3iob topic.

Nevertheless it will be great league with 4 teams. GL HF.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 05:24:03 AM »
good luck with it bix

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 07:46:31 AM »
First off it isn't purely myself running it, eR33t Gaming is running it.

Having euros compete would be a huge problem in the American league. With running two matches a week per team the timezones issue would create many problems. Then the issue of ping comes in.

I am not against the Euros running a full league next to PBCup, but that would need to be talked about.

For those wondering why Euros cant play at the moment...well look at the track record. You guys don't show for our tourneys/leagues after you sign up. For example Kuc signing up for all the sunday tourneys then not showing. Keep running your mouth edgecrusher.

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 07:55:24 AM »
Is there a prize?!?!

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 09:09:05 AM »
There is no prize.

Euros complicate every aspect of the league. Would rather have four teams that show instead of eight teams and only having four show.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 11:50:24 AM »
Bix, it's ok. You don't want to have to play with high pings. We understand that. No need to come up with an excuse like that. QeHs never missed a tourny in which we signed up. Even when we always get er33t in the first round.

If I heard correctly the euro teams in prior pbcups always showed up for their matches. One team even grabbed the second place I think. I bet that was embarrassing.

You guys believe you can run a league without euro teams, you believe you'll have 8 or more american teams. I honestly hope you do, but what I wouldn't like to see would be you, IF you don't get enough teams or if some team dies (you know theres teams dieing every day in the american clan scene) calling the euros so you have clans to play with. You want the euros when you need them. Happens everyday, there's a continuous rant against euros in what is now your channel, but when no american team wants to match you, who do youturn to? Those filthy euros.

Honestly, good luck, I'm sure the american community appreciates your efforts to try and fix the clan scene.