Author Topic: Introducing PBCup Summer 2009 4v4 League  (Read 37025 times)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Introducing PBCup Summer 2009 4v4 League
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2009, 05:57:04 AM »
:P

Let this be an us only cup and we (euros) make an own one too.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2009, 09:01:33 AM »
I was not around for the previous ones, or at least not playing in clans when the last one was going. Is this for clans only or can non-clan teams play?

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2009, 09:24:39 AM »
I was not around for the previous ones, or at least not playing in clans when the last one was going. Is this for clans only or can non-clan teams play?

Any group of four can put a team together.

Final word from eR33t-Gaming for hauke. Just so you know pal I'm choosing my words carefully. The PBCup Summer 2009 will be open to all players from around the world, although all matches will be held on servers in the USA. If you don't like this, you can intercourse off and make your own series. Finally Hauke, this isn't me saying "OH excrement I ATE EUROS!" I talked to 5 other members of eR33t and together we made that decision.

I've already told you, don't act like am I am not being candid. Including Euros would require much more work along with much more of a hassle. Timezones and ping issues make this a problem. Thanks hauke, I'm looking forward to seeing your league!

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2009, 10:15:18 AM »
None of the cups could "survive" on its own, neither the euros and the americans could make a cup for themselves.
Due to recent clan hopping, clan dieng none of the clanscenes is capable of supporting its own cup.

As for servers, this is PBCup even though it organised by americans, we should use both euros and americans servers.
Another way to do it, it's to make euros vs euros and americans vs americans, and in the end, make the best of each match eachother.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2009, 10:47:01 AM »
im for terrorists idea :)

hauke

• VM-68
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2009, 11:51:16 AM »
Any group of four can put a team together.

Final word from eR33t-Gaming for hauke. Just so you know pal I'm choosing my words carefully. The PBCup Summer 2009 will be open to all players from around the world, although all matches will be held on servers in the USA. If you don't like this, you can intercourse off and make your own series. Finally Hauke, this isn't me saying "OH excrement I ATE EUROS!" I talked to 5 other members of eR33t and together we made that decision.

I've already told you, don't act like am I am not being candid. Including Euros would require much more work along with much more of a hassle. Timezones and ping issues make this a problem. Thanks hauke, I'm looking forward to seeing your league!

I also remember how er33t members treated euros or specially germans in the past. but thats OT. i didnt want to start a fight, would be pretty pointless since i wont compete anyway. You say it would cause more work, thats true and i can life with that. just dont write wrong things. Well bix, im looking forward to see your pbcup since i just dont have the time to run a league :/
Im glad that you try to revive the pbcup, its good that someone still invests time and work into this game and the matching scene. good luck man.

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2009, 12:01:17 PM »
We would win on US servers too.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2009, 12:57:19 PM »
Use american servers and euro servers. Why cant we all just get along and play and live together in unity.

I dont think americans have enough clans that would show up twice a week either. I like euros better they helped me alot, with the exception of kuc, so let them play in the PBcup.

I thought PBcup was meant for the whole Dp community anyway, not just a select few. I could of swore thats how the last ones was handled.

(sorry bix if you dont understand me)

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2009, 02:04:10 PM »

Viper doesnn't care about this, all he cares is that Darkness would win.

And I have to agree with atmays, althought this ain't simple, we could do like euro vs american, first map, euro serv, secon american, tie map, since this is organised by er33t, i guess their servers.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2009, 02:56:18 PM »
I have some questions.

-How do we work tie map if we allowed Euros? Someone would get 2 maps on their server...

-What if a team cant show due to time issues? who do we give the FF to? who gets the points and who doesn't?

This are the main issues. No matter how we worked around it someone is getting screwed.

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2009, 03:10:07 PM »

Do this.

No you wouldn't.

If the germans want to be apart of a league where it's "fair" for them, then they can make their own, instead of whining about something someone else is doing. Seriously what's so hard about that? I mean other than you guys probably don't have the people to do it.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2009, 03:49:50 PM »

You have the servers to do so, so whats stopping you ;D.  And I just figured out why I was confuzzled, your Summer = my Winter :P.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2009, 04:00:21 PM »
Also, this isn't "bix's" tourney. It is pbcup ran by eR33t gaming.

This is where you are wrong.  You can call it PBCup all you want, you can talk as if you were eR33t, but this thing will never be anything like the PBCup Spring league of 2005. It will just be one of so many small tournaments.

(so why does everybody seem to care so much??)

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2009, 04:06:35 PM »
This is where you are wrong.  You can call it PBCup all you want, you can talk as if you were eR33t, but this thing will never be anything like the PBCup Spring league of 2005. It will just be one of so many small tournaments.

(so why does everybody seem to care so much??)

eR33t-Gaming is making the decisions. Many of the members of eR33t don't have the time they used to. Although they are reading the posts and the issues are being talked about in our priv.

MoustacheFrazer

• PGP
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2009, 04:21:26 PM »
bix your not the guy to talk stay out of discussions like this
bix you detectivehead colombo when kuc didnt play some sunday cup that was because sklenda died. ehm.. BIX your oma is horny like a nasehorn
bix i still think kuc is best euro clan with highest iq and i say this if i know they hate me. orch..
bix your detectived!ck has nail and nipples on side  ???

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2009, 04:24:32 PM »
bix your not the guy to talk stay out of discussions like this
bix you detectivehead colombo when kuc didnt play some sunday cup that was because sklenda died. ehm.. BIX your oma is horny like a nasehorn
bix i still think kuc is best euro clan with highest iq and i say this if i know they hate me. orch..
bix your detectived!ck has nail and nipples on side  ???

rofl.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2009, 04:45:19 PM »
I have some questions.

-How do we work tie map if we allowed Euros? Someone would get 2 maps on their server...

-What if a team cant show due to time issues? who do we give the FF to? who gets the points and who doesn't?

-Randomize home and away status is one option.

-The team that doesn't show up gets a loss. That will happen even if it's an only American cup.

Anyway it's set. Thanks for considering my suggestions anyway.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2009, 04:57:41 PM »

Have one American, one European and one AUSTRALIAN server:)

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2009, 05:13:07 PM »
                                                                    WARNING!          

UNEDUCATED AND STUPID EUROPEANS ARE OUT THERE, WATCH OUT!
                                       THE POLICE KINDLY ASKS TO REPORT ANY NOTICE TO 0700-123-123.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2009, 05:18:48 PM »
Fins are generally sad people. So please excuse their not so funny jokes :)