Author Topic: Introducing PBCup Summer 2009 4v4 League  (Read 37046 times)

Sawy

• VM-68
Re: Introducing PBCup Summer 2009 4v4 League
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2009, 05:27:40 PM »
Quote from: Bix
oXz has 6 members, good luck getting 4 on twice a week at oddball hours for them.
We are 8, and all of us are active. How can you know if we can or not get 4 players? Do you know few things about us or when we are playing? i don't think so.

Like said Mag, euros are only called when needed.
I don't know why we are trying to play in this cup anyway. I hope your pbcup summer 2009 with 4 teams will be great.

Don't take this like an affront, it's just what i'm thinking when i read this topic. And like atmays said , it should be better to play and live together in unity.  :-\

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2009, 05:37:36 PM »
Yes, lets all be friends!

Max/Khan

• PGP
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2009, 05:41:36 PM »
I have some questions.

-How do we work tie map if we allowed Euros? Someone would get 2 maps on their server...

-What if a team cant show due to time issues? who do we give the FF to? who gets the points and who doesn't?

This are the main issues. No matter how we worked around it someone is getting screwed.

- That's your job to make a rule about it.
- I'm sure , clans can find a deal between them.

Use american servers and euro servers. Why cant we all just get along and play and live together in unity.

I dont think americans have enough clans that would show up twice a week either. I like euros better they helped me alot, with the exception of kuc, so let them play in the PBcup.

I thought PBcup was meant for the whole Dp community anyway, not just a select few. I could of swore thats how the last ones was handled.

(sorry bix if you dont understand me)

By the way, atmays is in the true.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2009, 05:48:30 PM »
I challenge you to find a fair way, the rules are set. You can play if you want.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2009, 06:21:18 PM »
Well I dont know if I will play in this one, unless my uR counterparts pull me into this. I dont like that the european clans are not being brought in to help put this thing together. Maybe instead of er33t organizing things by themselves, get clans like maybe qehs or some active euro clans to come up with some way to make this work.

Maybe Tie can be decided on whoever wins by the most points, choose server. Just one Idea. Thats how we have been playing. It works good and noone crys or complains. Just bring your A game. We all will have chances to practice these maps so there shouldnt be any unfair advantages, other than the ping issue. Good Idea, Bad Idea?

(sorry if youre unable to understand me bix)

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2009, 06:24:23 PM »
BIX your oma is horny like a nasehorn

OmfgrofllolLol!!!11!elf!!11!

made my day.

We would win on Aussies servers too.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2009, 06:39:42 PM »
OmfgrofllolLol!!!11!elf!!11!

made my day.

We would win on Aussies servers too.
With a 400 ping?  Sure you could.  I can't hit excrement on Euro servers.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2009, 06:41:48 PM »
Lets say we were to allow euro servers, how would the servers work? American's map on euro server, euro's map on American server? Then what do we do for tie? If we do the point spread thing it isn't really fair. One map could be 48-12 while the other is 24-6. The same ratio of win; but whoever has the 48-12 map gets the tie. Someone gets shafted. Please purpose how it could work.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2009, 06:46:09 PM »
Someone go buy a boat and host a server in the middle of the Atlantic.  Problem solved, lol.  In any realistic way, I don't see how it could work.

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2009, 06:47:43 PM »
You flip a coin, thats how the tie-server is decided. Only fair way to do it. Winners need luck.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2009, 07:00:42 PM »
Only thing I could conceive would be this example.

Lets say we have 16 teams. Four Euro teams. Two brackets of eight. Two Euro teams in each bracket. You play each team in your bracket once, therefore you have 7 games. We do American's map on euro server and euro's map on American server. For the tie map the Euros play three tie maps on Euro servers and four tie maps on the American servers throughout the regular season. Thereforether euros play 3/7 their maps on Euro servers while the Americans play 4/7 their maps AGAINST Euros on American servers.

Maybe the Euros could choose the 3 matches where the tie map is on their server. Therefore they still have some advantage.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2009, 07:21:02 PM »
What about the home and away system I proposed? :)

I think it's possible to, when you randomize the schedule, make it like any other sports season. One fixture you play at 'home' the next you play 'away'. When you play at 'home' you pick the tie server.

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2009, 07:35:32 PM »
Or if anyone doesn't have any kind of obsession that it'd have to be Euro vs American team, simple way would be to create European and American conferenses. Then there would be only one match (the final), that would have the server problem. I would like this. It's after all a lot more fun to play with a low ping.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2009, 07:37:42 PM »
Don't know if the Americans or the Euros can get stable teams to sustain a league. My idea makes it perfectly fair for the euros.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2009, 07:58:01 PM »
What about the home and away system I proposed? :)

I think it's possible to, when you randomize the schedule, make it like any other sports season. One fixture you play at 'home' the next you play 'away'. When you play at 'home' you pick the tie server.
Just as its done in real life :).  Thats quite a good idea there.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2009, 08:22:25 PM »
I didn't even know euros matched americans anymore.  Since I have been in [eR33t] I don't think we have even matched a euro clan, or I wasn't present for them.  I asked BoB today when the last time he has matched any clan from the euro scene and his response:

<[AR3T]B0B> before that i think we played darkness or whatever like 6 months ago and plowed them
<[AR3T]B0B> in a 6v6
<[AR3T]B0B> think that was the last time

The last time I have personally matched a euro clan was against .cYr.  The only reason I got to play them was because I was playing with [CC].  This was probably a few months ago, or whenever mosez quit .cYr. because it happened right after we beat them.

Maybe it wasn't due to the hassle, but due to us forgetting you guys even existed except in OTB speed servers.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2009, 09:27:23 PM »
the timing would make it really hard to fit 2 matches in a week. (between euro's and us)

Fitz

• Stingray
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2009, 12:03:05 AM »
the timing would make it really hard to fit 2 matches in a week. (between euro's and us)
The timing isn't that big of a difference... Only people it would really affect are clans with members from the West Coast (s2k?). 5-6 hour differences aren't too bad, plus there's weekends...

As for the Tie map ideas, Bix's proposed idea of having a set amount of tie maps on each server could work. Also, the Home-Away system might work, but that would be a lot of work for er33t? Not sure.

Somebody could just set up an IRC bot that would randomly pick both map and server (or just one). Not sure how hard that would be to script but I suppose it would be "fair".

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2009, 12:08:45 AM »
Somebody could just set up an IRC bot that would randomly pick both map and server (or just one). Not sure how hard that would be to script but I suppose it would be "fair".
I believe someone had a bot like that up in #paintball at one point.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=11592.20

Theres a thread about it.

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2009, 02:16:12 AM »
Someone go buy a boat and host a server in the middle of the Atlantic.
OMFG +100000000000000000