Author Topic: An eR33t production.  (Read 17373 times)

Spook

• Autococker
Re: An eR33t production.
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2009, 10:27:39 AM »
Taking an old, 1 path, ugly map and turning it into something that looks a little better, and plays smoother is no ambition. Oh yeah, they should have just done another airtime remake, again.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2009, 10:32:46 AM »
Taking an old, 1 path, ugly map and turning it into something that looks a little better, and plays smoother is no ambition. Oh yeah, they should have just done another airtime remake, again.

pbcup_airtime ftw!!!

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2009, 11:34:43 AM »

Why do you always fail to understand the simplest things. The map was horrible, even robbie could make the remake into a better map. The objective should have been to make a good map not just a better map than some poor map.

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2009, 11:37:49 AM »
2 minutes. A gameplay test needs much more time. I'll make it later. Maybe.

Can't wait to see your well developed opinion on how a map should be played. I'm sure someone with as much matching experience and time spent playing this game should leave us awe struck.

Why do you always fail to understand the simplest things. The map was horrible, even robbie could make the remake into a better map. The objective should have been to make a good map not just a better map than some poor map.

What? From what you just said I should of made only a good version instead of a better version? Have you even played it? I'm assuming not.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2009, 01:49:26 PM »

Why do i get involved in this?

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2009, 02:50:51 PM »
Why do i get involved in this?

heh, sorry about that. Some people said you made some bad maps and I needed an example. :)

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2009, 05:26:40 PM »
I wish people would play the map before complaining on the gameplay...

Fitz

• Stingray
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2009, 06:22:49 PM »
Basically, all er33t did was take a horrible map, retextured it, added way too many crates, and added a few unnecessary jumps here and there. Yep, that's a quality remake right there.

The original was a terrible map. The pbcup version may be better, but it is still crap to a varying degree of terribadness.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2009, 06:29:14 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:49:49 PM by Dirty_Taco »

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2009, 07:07:38 PM »
cant wait for fitz's jump video. GONNA BLOW MY MIND

Fitz

• Stingray
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2009, 07:32:20 PM »
Don't worry Fitz, we'll get you the modified version soon, then you'll be happy.
You got me brah.

cant wait for fitz's jump video. GONNA BLOW MY MIND
Jump video? My "jump video" was essentially a joke.. Sorry you missed that.

Dukky

• Stingray
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2009, 01:25:45 AM »
I was going to mention this earlier but I decided to see how it came out.

People have pretty much summed it up, but I'll say it anyway.

2fort5 was a horrible map. 2fort is a horrible map for paintball. The fact that you made it look nicer and give it smoother game play does not make it a good map. I think what we all wanted to see was a new, different, not seen before. We wanted you to CREATE a map as opposed to simply redoing a horrible one. Sure, you made 2fort BETTER, but we want another good map, not 2fort5 again.

We are not doubting your map creating skills, but feel that you could've used them better. When I saw the thread for the first time, I was extremely interested to see what you had made.

Next time, whole new map please, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it more than a remake of a dreadful map.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2009, 02:56:41 AM »
Map is totaly campable, flow is slow, just not enjoyable as rest of pbcup named maps. Especially not comparable to renoir and pforest. Multi path is nice. But map is so small that the only thing you need to do is to get to the mid and line away. As far it concernes me, this is bad map. And I also know few others to have same opinion but don't wanna say it out loud since they think you will ban them from er33t's servers.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2009, 07:50:04 AM »
Map is totaly campable, flow is slow, just not enjoyable as rest of pbcup named maps. Especially not comparable to renoir and pforest. Multi path is nice. But map is so small that the only thing you need to do is to get to the mid and line away. As far it concernes me, this is bad map. And I also know few others to have same opinion but don't wanna say it out loud since they think you will ban them from er33t's servers.

Good thing at NO point is anyone FORCED to play this map  in PBCup. You'll play this map maybe once or twice the whole season.

Each time I play this map the gameplay develops more and improves. s2k can testify for that. Also, I don't see any new maps into the clan scene. Yeah people make maps, but how many actually get played? The last two I can remember are wobluda (which people don't play due to lag) and twiling (which still isn't played much if at all).

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2009, 08:19:33 AM »
I was refering to PBcup named maps, not to er33t cup that's incomming.

I stated my point of view, generally I don't like the map. And people should understand (good mappers) that they won't allways make a map that all of the community likes. It's a separete issue that has nothing to do with their mapping skills.

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2009, 05:13:13 PM »
Funny how everyone who isn't good at this game calls this map horrible. Yet We played uR on it the other night in a 4v4 and they seemed to grasp the concept, although they didn't like it because there wasn't 50 sick jumps that made them go 200 mph.

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2009, 06:39:43 PM »
I think this map better then  2fort5 way better

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2009, 01:08:20 AM »
I like the map, maybe to many crates, but the gameplay is pretty decent. I havent matched on it, but my clan has and I've heard no complaints.

supermonkey

• PGP
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2009, 11:13:49 PM »
To the clans out there before you get 50-0'd by someone. The vague choke point is mid, so get there.

Too late for Ij...i think it was 50-4ish against er33t on our first time ever playing the map.  Magnet kept getting lost.  Great map, new spawns kept messing me up because I'm used to the original 2fort5 spawns.  Plus whats with the broken down wall that you cant get through to the two high side areas in mid.  Those two spots seem somewhat pointless seeing as how you can't get to the base through them.  Other than that, fun map, good pace.  Looking forward to playing it in PBCup

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2009, 05:16:57 AM »

Seriouly Edge, dont be rude because they dont let you play on euro servers at PBCup09.
What type of maps do you want? Some like Discovery (quite nice map), where do you dont meet your opponents ?
The name of this game is Digital Paint: PAINTBALL 2 , not Who-can-cap-faster-without-seeing-his-enemys....

I really like that map. Teamplay is quite good, and you can dominate that map if you are better than your opponents, like on all pbcup maps. So you got the mainpoint of all your maps on this map too. Thumbs up.