Author Topic: Cradle of paintball - Beta 2 now available with guns  (Read 11550 times)

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
Re: Cradle of paintball - Beta 1 now available
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2009, 01:04:34 PM »
map is sex.. i personally think the terrain is a little extreme, but other than that and texture misalignments... sex ^_-

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2009, 09:29:50 PM »
Very nice looking map.  I've attached a demo pointing out some misaligned textures and such.  I would take the water out of the base.  It doesn't add that much and really hurts the r_speeds/framerate.

I uploaded the map to the beta server, but I'm not going to put it in rotation since there's no equipment.

Sawy

• VM-68
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2009, 03:28:48 AM »
Well, my computer is almost broken. So i have some problems to end my map. These problems with holidays are not helping me to end it. That's why i didn't yet fix bugs.
Jitspoe, i watched your demo, and i will fix all these bugs to end it. Thanks for your demo.

I found time to add some guns and convert the B2. At the moment, i didn't add ammo in the map. I will.
And the 2nd flag is only a test. It won't be 2 points like on the beta 2, but i'm not sure yet..

Beta 2 : http://www.sendspace.com/file/2kwdcy

Have fun!

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
Re: Cradle of paintball - Beta 2 now available with guns
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2009, 07:32:58 AM »
Well, guns is a start. ;) Now we can finally play test it with no pgp :P

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2009, 09:58:17 AM »
Ugly.
Blasphemy! Curse you.

Really liked this map, the mid bridge looks sick.
Hope you can finish this map  ;)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2009, 11:45:20 PM »
Played beta 2 on superman's server.  Two things I noticed:

1) There needs to be a faster path from the spawn to the high bridge.  Whenever I tried to go that way, the round would basically be over by the time I got to the middle.  Everybody just rushes to the middle, there's a big bottleneck, and a team pretty much wins or loses at that point.

2) Need more paths to the lower flag.  There are lots of entrances to the base, but unless you're up high (which is too slow, see #1), it looks like the only path to the flag is a single ramp.

Edit: Upon looking at the map again, I see there are some ramps available, and the other side of the platform isn't actually blocked by the planks to the high flag.  I would consider replacing the box and X with just a single ramp.  That box feels really slow and awkward to jump on, and it's not an obvious path at first glance.

I've uploaded this map to the beta server as well.  Let me know if you need the login.

Oh, and upload your map source somewhere to keep it safe before your computer dies.  It would be a shame to lose it.

I think I suggested this in the demo, but I would strongly recommend getting rid of the water in the base.  It doesn't really add much, and it's a real framerate killer for low end machines.

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2009, 06:37:18 AM »
1) There needs to be a faster path from the spawn to the high bridge.  Whenever I tried to go that way, the round would basically be over by the time I got to the middle.  Everybody just rushes to the middle, there's a big bottleneck, and a team pretty much wins or loses at that point.
There is an extremely fast way to get to the middle.
You rush.  ;)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2009, 06:36:06 PM »
There is an extremely fast way to get to the middle.
You rush.  ;)
Rush where?  How does that get you on the high path?

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2009, 06:38:15 AM »
Ohh, to the HIGH path. I thought you meant to the mid-low. Sawy, jitspoe makes a point. Practically the only way to get to the high path is a doublejump, or a very need-skill-to-do ramp jump. Attatched is a demo I made of all the ways you can get to high.

EDIT: The second thing attached is a jump that I think may be possible, and the way you do that jump. Sawy, if this jump is possible, please say so.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 02:37:56 PM by pheeks »

Sawy

• VM-68
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2009, 02:30:51 PM »
well, my computer is dead atm, i can't use it..

I'm using my old (old old old..) computer, so i can't convert my map.
It's sad, i worked so much time on this map, and it looks like it will be impossible to end this beta..

I don't know if people like to play on it anyways.

I will be back when i have some news about it.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2009, 02:56:09 PM »
Played on it on supermans pub, its a killer.. :/
Really laggy around base and mid, so r_speeds are high. the problem is, it does play very well, and the newbs dont like it

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2012, 02:14:44 AM »
what is the .bsp name for this? or could someone attach the .bsp, the links don't work anymore (don't blame them)

T3RR0R15T

• Autococker

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2012, 09:29:01 AM »
Thanks mate

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2012, 01:53:24 PM »
if you can map on your computer, you could maybe upload the .map file. I'm sure there'll be someone who is can compile it for you :)

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2012, 11:56:25 AM »
im not fixing it, i wanted to play on it.