Author Topic: Putt-Putt's Map-----smallmap-b1  (Read 6086 times)

Pajama-Sam

• Stingray
Putt-Putt's Map-----smallmap-b1
« on: June 03, 2009, 08:17:26 PM »

Here is my map...

Please, If your going to comment on something about the map, POST A SCREENSHOT!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 11:29:13 AM by Pajama-Sam »

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
Re: Putt-Putt's Map-----smallmap-b1
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 08:46:59 PM »
Screenshots, please.

And link doesn't work.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 09:20:23 AM »
omg

Link to local disk

GJ

Pajama-Sam

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 11:29:36 AM »
ok i changing the link to an attachment, now it should work

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 11:42:16 AM »
sweet secret entrance d00d

Pajama-Sam

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 04:29:23 PM »
sweet secret entrance d00d

thank you, finally someone post about it, lol

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 05:43:27 AM »
A leak?

Pajama-Sam

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 06:31:05 AM »
A leak?

holy excrement, wtf? where? i never saw that one anywhere, niether did shin, nor maria.

Pajama-Sam

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 06:41:12 AM »
imma post the newer one, i never found this "leak" but it might not be in this new one

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 07:28:45 AM »
It is under the ramp in your "secret" passage

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 07:33:48 AM »
Can someone please post screenshots of it? Pajama Sam it might attract more people to comment on the map.

Pajama-Sam

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 07:40:31 AM »
2 things, i found the thing you were talking about, and i fixed it, download this beta 3 instead of the one below the 2nd one is, how did u see it? there's no  way under the ramp. did u do noclip as observer?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 08:29:43 AM by Pajama-Sam »

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 07:57:59 AM »
So what if you can get under the ramp? It's still a leak. And this map is not for good gameplay, because:
1. It is small and box.
2. You can see straight to enemy base.
3. You have almost no cover to hide behind.
4. Mid flag doesn't help at all, you can camp and line it as much as the main flag.
5. Secondary under water route is no good, because you can easily notice if someone picks it. Then you can just snap the enemy when he comes up.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15898.0

Pajama-Sam

• Stingray
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 08:31:29 AM »
So what if you can get under the ramp? It's still a leak. And this map is not for good gameplay, because:
1. It is small and box.
2. You can see straight to enemy base.
3. You have almost no cover to hide behind.
4. Mid flag doesn't help at all, you can camp and line it as much as the main flag.
5. Secondary under water route is no good, because you can easily notice if someone picks it. Then you can just snap the enemy when he comes up.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15898.0

yes, but, if u cap the colored flags, it only gives u 1 point
if u cap the white one, it gives u 3
so you want to get it more

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 09:47:56 AM »
Screenshots, please.

Here's some screenshots. I've been told my textures are messed up, so don't mind them if they are. I'm fixing them right now.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 12:29:42 PM »
Pajama, when you make your map, do you think about gameplay? There's no way this map can be played, you need to make it not box-shaped, be creative and make multiple paths, and set the bases away from each other.

I'm not really a fan of mid flag maps. Also, 1 point for the colored flags is too low.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 12:54:34 PM »
Also, 1 point for the colored flags is too low.

Yupaaa, and they're harder to get...

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 03:46:11 PM »
theres actually a map incredibly similar to this one (bvs? cant quite remember). it plays pretty well for a small group of half decent players.

you all need to stop instantly ripping down maps because of certain characteristics youve read about in some "map making manual". seeing the enemys base/spawn just means youd better get off your ass quicker. many great maps have close bases; oddjob, bombsaway, arm (obviously for dm, but it didnt have to be that way), blitz, xbmap, spawninabox, etc.

if you want good maps, youre gonna have to start promoting creativity and not ripping down a map the first time you walk through it by yourself. not every map needs to be the perfect match map.

tb2 (http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=3585.0) is an incredibly excellent map which deserves more recognition for its sheer creativity. play that and then realize where the limits of map making lie.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 02:28:06 AM »
tb2 (http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=3585.0) is an incredibly excellent map which deserves more recognition for its sheer creativity. play that and then realize where the limits of map making lie.

Lol, that map :P It's quite nice map, original idea, but i only found the version where weren't any cannons and stuff:((

you all need to stop instantly ripping down maps because of certain characteristics youve read about in some "map making manual". seeing the enemys base/spawn just means youd better get off your ass quicker. many great maps have close bases; oddjob, bombsaway, arm (obviously for dm, but it didnt have to be that way), blitz, xbmap, spawninabox, etc.

I don't think it's ripping off, unless someone says "Doesn't work, forget this and start new one"  I have pointed out things, that i think are wrong or bad and should be fixed. Capping here is almost impossibility when you have more than 4 people playing. Getting feedback is not a right here, people don't have to give it if they don't want to. If someone says something like "bad gameplay" etc. and also says reasons why, then it's good feedback. Then the mapper improves the map from these posts, which have constructive feedback in them. When i posted my first map here, i felt that the few first posts tried to push my map away. But really people just helped me to improve. Best way to improve is to try.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 01:38:36 PM »
Lol, that map :P It's quite nice map, original idea, but i only found the version where weren't any cannons and stuff:((

i think i got my version off the otb server (ftp for direct). otherwise just use dpget, should be on there.

I don't think it's ripping off, unless someone says "Doesn't work, forget this and start new one"  I have pointed out things, that i think are wrong or bad and should be fixed. Capping here is almost impossibility when you have more than 4 people playing. Getting feedback is not a right here, people don't have to give it if they don't want to. If someone says something like "bad gameplay" etc. and also says reasons why, then it's good feedback. Then the mapper improves the map from these posts, which have constructive feedback in them. When i posted my first map here, i felt that the few first posts tried to push my map away. But really people just helped me to improve. Best way to improve is to try.

you miss the point. im not trying to persuade people into making "bad" maps. its that whats good (or bad) to you is not necessarily the same for everyone else. too many maps have become repetive in structure/play etc. its time to look at some new concepts.