Author Topic: New map: Urban Night  (Read 19066 times)

_burnt

• Autococker
Re: New map: Urban Night
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2009, 12:31:57 PM »
- Add navigating labels, those little yellow/red arrow things. That would help *at* least.

Eww! More likely will make something different ;P

- Brightness!!!

You poorass noob. Buy better monitor >:( !!!

I will take some clutter off cuz you people don't seem to like it... Thou it isn't that hard to move O_O And will make it brighter..

You could make a custom batch file to scale the lighting (don't remember offhand, might just be -scale) so you don't have to mess with all of the lights.

You gotta tell me what it is and i will do it

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2010, 12:08:01 PM »
 I like big complicated maze maps like this. It makes a more chnallenging game play and people can use the enviroment to their advantage (like hidding spots for camping). The only problem with this map is that the bots cann't even leave the bases. I think this map should be easier to navigate through for the bots because I like playing against them when I am bored.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2010, 12:13:58 PM »
I really hate this map.
- So hard to move around the map, so complicated, too dark and I have no idea even when I noclip.
- Too cluttered, not enough jumps that make it seem faster so that you can actually get to their base

Maybe:
- Add navigating labels, those little yellow/red arrow things. That would help *at* least.
- Brightness!!!

I think this map should have red/yellow arow indicators too. What about the noobs? I know this map like the back of my hand (almost). 8) This map sort of has that though, there is a very slim wall and at the top of it, it has colors. One side is red and the other is yellow, this lets you know wich side is closer to the yellow base and wich side is closer to the red base.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2010, 07:07:04 PM »
The link at the top is broken.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2010, 07:48:48 PM »

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2010, 09:15:54 PM »
I think this map should have CO2 tanks as well as more guns and a wide range of [low end, high end] equipment.

ElimNator

• PGP
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2010, 04:44:42 PM »
Looks cool but download link doesn't work... :P

Edit: Sorry didn't see the this link.  ;)

ftp://otb-server.de/pub/Maps/beta/urbann_b4.bsp

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2011, 01:21:39 AM »
Do you know when the final release will be?

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2011, 05:56:34 AM »
Like at almost all newer maps, never :P

As long as beta maps are "playable" on match and public server, mappers don't care about finishing and improving their maps, because they're "playable" anyway :-\

We should be glad that jeejee has improved and finished different maps. He has done a great job, though.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2011, 11:49:40 AM »
Like at almost all newer maps, never :P

As long as beta maps are "playable" on match and public server, mappers don't care about finishing and improving their maps, because they're "playable" anyway :-\

We should be glad that jeejee has improved and finished different maps. He has done a great job, though.

This map isn't playable yet. In this map, you're screwed if you run out of CO2.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2011, 11:51:21 AM »
That's why i wrote "playable" and not playable. I just mean that the map is online and can be selected.