Author Topic: New map: Urban Night  (Read 19067 times)

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
Re: New map: Urban Night
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2009, 02:02:07 PM »
=] oops forgot to make you .wals, though I'm sure you're capable of doing that yourself

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2009, 10:32:11 PM »
That asphalt does look pretty bland in-game.  I might have another go at a higher-contrast version later.  I'm not a fan of the big CTP brick textures.  I think the standard brick looks better.  Also, the CTP cement texture looks like dirt.

Glad to hear you're balancing the paths.  Now if you can just make it so people aren't completely confused, we may have a solid map. :)

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2009, 07:33:24 AM »
=] oops forgot to make you .wals, though I'm sure you're capable of doing that yourself

He, maybe after some research :D I made just some random pics for them. I don't know why my .wals come out as a mess in bsp, when i export the .jpg's. But maybe i'm just doing something wrong

That asphalt does look pretty bland in-game.  I might have another go at a higher-contrast version later.  I'm not a fan of the big CTP brick textures.  I think the standard brick looks better.  Also, the CTP cement texture looks like dirt.

Glad to hear you're balancing the paths.  Now if you can just make it so people aren't completely confused, we may have a solid map. :)

I like the brick and the concrete. And i seem to be an expert in confusion :D ppl whining always.............

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2009, 09:03:52 AM »
:)
Just don't make soo many paths and ways to flag, in a 1v1 it's too easy to trade and to get grabbed.
Anyways I like this map, but I do get a bit confused there  :-[

nook

• VM-68
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2009, 09:19:22 AM »
:)
Just don't make soo many paths and ways to flag, in a 1v1 it's too easy to trade and to get grabbed.
Anyways I like this map, but I do get a bit confused there  :-[
lmao why would anybody 1v1 in a huge map,and who 1v1 anymore.?

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2009, 09:44:14 AM »
in a 1v1 it's too easy to trade and to get grabbed.

lol, none of my maps are designed for 1vs1 :D And that's because i don't like 1vs1, never had and never will :)

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2009, 09:46:51 AM »
its allways better when you match with 2 or more people on a team.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2009, 01:18:46 PM »
Thanks UDead, lmfao. Sorry, but comments like that make you the John Madden of dp.

If the quaterback throws the ball, and it is caught in the endzone, it's a touchdown.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2009, 08:37:09 AM »
lol, nice quote.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2009, 12:16:49 PM »
So, i promised to give screenshots and i have them right here :) What you think?

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2009, 04:31:31 PM »
i like your second ss, it fits in the brick just right mabe resize it a little, the first ss just dont look right...the colors dont go well with the bricks or you ahve it to see through.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2009, 10:11:29 AM »
lmao why would anybody 1v1 in a huge map,and who 1v1 anymore.?
I mean when your mates die, and your alone in a 1v1 or a 1v2 or a 1v3...sorry for not making myself clear on that one  :P

I like the 2nd screenshot, looks rlly nice

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2009, 10:38:31 AM »
I mean when your mates die, and your alone in a 1v1 or a 1v2 or a 1v3...sorry for not making myself clear on that one  :P

Not enough paths with large numbers of players = massive camping :P

Many maps end up to cap exchange if you don't have recons etc. It's just matter of strategy and play style ;)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2009, 04:00:12 PM »
I think the graffiti would look better rotated a bit.

If you have left4dead, it has a lot of urban/rooftop areas that might provide good reference and inspiration.  If not, I could try to take some screenshots.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2009, 07:09:31 AM »
I think the graffiti would look better rotated a bit.

If you have left4dead, it has a lot of urban/rooftop areas that might provide good reference and inspiration.  If not, I could try to take some screenshots.

Ok, i'll try that when i have some time. Been busy since school started :S And i don't have l4d, so if you can get screenshots, it could be really good! (or i can check the website if there's something)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2009, 09:29:42 PM »
Currently uploading, so if you try to download this right after I post, it might not work.

http://digitalpaint.org/temp/l4d_urban_shots.zip

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2009, 11:52:09 AM »
BADAM!! Has been a while when i last worked on this, but b4 is here now! I've tried to do everything, but with my short memory i've propably forgotten a lot, so post if you find anything.

Changes:
-added graffities
-added clips
-made the side paths faster, maybe little bit easier to move
-small fixes/adds

Also, if someone could help me and do few more textures.
-add-board thingy to show the way and maybe have some writing on it (i'd put it where the purple urbann text was)
-sewer hole/cover texture (i hope you get what i mean)
-and if you really wanna help, i could have some use for that yellow-black warning tape-thing texture (again, i hope you get it :D)
I'm not really good at photo editing, and it would take forever to learn the things just for few textures so that's why i'm asking for your help :D

B4 Download: http://maps.digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/map/urbann/

Get the graffiti textures from RiMiNi's post, but rename JeeJee folder to jeejee

T3RR0R15T

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2009, 02:18:23 PM »
Online.

Another very nice map from u. I have to learn where the ways are :P

Here are some black boxes:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 03:12:51 PM by T3RR0R15T »

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2009, 10:38:23 AM »
Bumpy bump.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »
I really hate this map.
- So hard to move around the map, so complicated, too dark and I have no idea even when I noclip.
- Too cluttered, not enough jumps that make it seem faster so that you can actually get to their base

Maybe:
- Add navigating labels, those little yellow/red arrow things. That would help *at* least.
- Brightness!!!