Author Topic: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)  (Read 15074 times)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2009, 06:06:35 PM »
Not saying potential isn't a good reason.  Happens in clans all the time.  But if a new member doesn't life up to that potential they are removed.  And it doesn't take a year and 6 months to do it.  If you remove/replace the problems in a short time then there wouldn't be as many and people would be happy.

Maybe that is where the clans scene is faulty. You became good at every game the moment you started. Others take a while to learn. Maybe if the clans didn't expect everyone to be "great" the moment they started then you would have more stable teams.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2009, 11:55:09 PM »
I was not great at DP the moment I started.  I went through about 2 low end clans that I was in for a while which introduced me to IRC and teamspeak.  Then I was in 1 clan for about half a year or so which was decent.  Then I went on vacation for a week, the clan died and Ij was formed.  I knew all the people who started Ij and joined the day I got back from vacation.  We weren't the best but since we stuck together for a long time we became very good together.  It does help that like 3-4 of us live within 10 minuets of each other.

A good clan isn't just good players, it's the team effort.  When Ij was at it's peak we could play pp1 with little to no recon and still easily win.  We just knew what everyone was doing and what to do when something happened.  If you listen to us on vent when we are playing well you won't hear that much recon.  We spend more time talking about random stuff and giving false recon to screw our teammates over.  We don't like new people in the clan because they can ruin what we have going with our teamwork.

The clan scene is faulty.  People need to stop making and killing clans weekly.  If they just get a group in a clan and stay together they will get better.  Clan hopping is one of the things that hurts teamwork because they don't play with the same people long enough.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2009, 08:32:09 AM »
Take QeHs as example, bunch of no hopers when formed, turned into world beaters (sliiiight exaggeration) after a couple of years