Author Topic: Unknown BC Error Texture  (Read 2525 times)

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
Unknown BC Error Texture
« on: June 12, 2009, 09:03:15 AM »
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, redirect it if you need to.

So I decided to restart work on DodgeBrawl, but I lost all the files for it. I downloaded the most recent mappack (Dodgebrawl_b4) that I uploaded before.
I opened it with bsp and it was fine. But as soon as I got to compiling, a few things happened.

1. I compiled with 8) qbsp.bat , and what happened is shown in the screenshot below.
2. I tried compiling with 4) qbsp fastvis rad.bat , the BC texture was still there AND all my lighting just disappeared, making it no difference from compiling it with 8) qbsp.bat

For extra information that might help solve the problem, all the white BC textures replaced clip brushes that are supposed to keep players from camping on the fence I built around the map. It also replaced the clip brush I have in the middle of the map that prevents players from crossing over.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Unknown BC Error Texture
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 08:39:50 PM »
The BC texture occurs when you decompile a map. Like you said, it takes over your clip brushes.

Just go to 'brush' than 'texture search' and search for clip. Than load the clip texture and alt+b it :)

Also, if your decompiling a map, most likely some of the brushes will be messed up.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 09:11:20 PM »
your obviously just using modified textures

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 08:20:01 AM »
your obviously just using modified textures

Lmao, definitely not. In case you haven't noticed, I never use textures other than the default ones in pball and bsp. NEVER.
Thanks Rick, that makes sense. I found one of my older mapfiles so I was able to continue work on the map without this problem, but I still wanted to know how to fix it. Thanks for the help.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 05:50:00 PM »
Lmao, definitely not. In case you haven't noticed, I never use textures other than the default ones in pball and bsp. NEVER.
Thanks Rick, that makes sense. I found one of my older mapfiles so I was able to continue work on the map without this problem, but I still wanted to know how to fix it. Thanks for the help.

I have a lot of experience with decompiling maps. :)