Author Topic: Desires for Build 17?  (Read 29493 times)

JOE

• 68 Carbine
Re: Desires for Build 17?
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2006, 10:51:57 PM »
build17 should include a port to q3 :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2006, 11:46:51 PM »
Take the path of q3pb, q_ball, etc?

If there are q3 features you want, I can probably port them over, but I don't see much sense in dropping 8 years of work just so it can be based on the quake3 engine.  Plus, several people would complain about the physics changes.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2006, 01:22:36 AM »
i'm suprised no one has suggested a "Match mode"

Action Q2 had a great match mode where each team had 1 captain that could only talk in mm1...each clan had to type /ready in the console for the match to start....if someone got logged out, the match paused after the current round ended until each time had the required # of people. 

Very good idea. So when people lag out it stops.

AgentSmith

• VM-68
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2006, 04:37:20 AM »
Hm, I thought I already posted that, but It shoes up nowhere, so I post again:D

It would be nice if there would be more options for that "eleminated", like shot down, silenced or something like that, and If possible headshots should show up specially, Like a colored cprint and colored text in the upper left corner, this would be really cool :-)

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2006, 07:44:14 AM »
there could be some more options for the "eleminated",like shot down, silenced or something like that,
maybe that would be funny!And the Pong mode could work better... If I start a server with pong mode, any1 who connects gets kicked immediately (Idk how to spell this right:D)

It is still there.. (middle of page 2)

The fact that nobody responded to that post is probably just that nobody cares about the kill messages.

You can do your own language files now anyways. -> http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=1376.0

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2006, 10:20:43 AM »
budated gun models..at least for the autococker, hig res textures, added motion in the players movment (they still look sortta merry when they jump), and do something about the players looking so small...i know that the currecnt models are the exact size ofteh hitbox bit they look A LOT smaller than before, especillay when crouching

AgentSmith

• VM-68
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2006, 01:10:08 PM »
Lol ?!

I used this show new replies to your posts and it didn`t show up, and I searched it too...

sorry for doubleposting then...

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2006, 08:52:36 PM »
yay demo controls -- can we get it so you can adjust the fov while viewing too?  and topspeed/speedometer would be kinda nice too, but just as fluff... i really just care about the fov.  by the way, i love that you can check the scoreboard while playing a demo.. that's so much better than q2 demos were

updated hud -- or as shreds was saying, separating the kill/chat messages -- if you do decide to do this, can you leave the old hud in as an option, like old_hud 1 or something cause i like how it is now, not that i'm trying to stop anyone from having it updated how they like it

i know the old 'id' command was pretty cheesy, as in easy to find people, but could you do something about the delay on the current id? the fact that you have to have your crosshair actually on the person is fine, but could you like make it closer to instantaneously showing up and/or make the x, y of the text configurable?  id_x 150; id_y 150 or whatever, to make it 150x150 pixels off the center -- again, just a neat feature i'd like, but i really would like the delay toned down a little bit, it's almost impossible to keep your crosshair on someone after you die and they're moving around to figure out which of the two people you're looking at shot you cause you can't determine who is who. wow, that whole paragraph made no sense even with editing.

i can't take screenshots of the console (anymore?).  i'd like to be able to do that

as for oddjob's post:  i didn't know you could make your own sounds, but if you can i don't really think you should be able to edit the footstep sounds from more of a fairness standpoint (and i like i said, i don't know if you can).  they're pretty faint right now so a tone up might be nice, but i kinda like them how they are now... perhaps an old_footsteps 1 command to use the old sounds? :)

match mode like in aq2 would be nice... more so just for the no message mode 1 except for captains -- although i forsee problems if a team is trying to tell the other team that someone's idle (such as the captain) so while this would be a nice feature, it'd probably be nicer if people weren't lamers and talked crap in mm1 so you wouldn't need match mode -- i like the 'ready' command though

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2006, 09:10:13 PM »
i can't take screenshots of the console (anymore?).  i'd like to be able to do that

Yes you can-- bring down the console, and type 'screenshot'.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2006, 04:28:39 AM »
well, I'd like to have a command to stop the countdown timer when all people go obs / one team goes obs. It can get really annoying when the map changes when you dont want it to. Maybe/probably it should be for admins only so no g*y newbies on a public server can prevent the map from changing when everybody actually wanted it to :)

twistdid

• VM-68
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2006, 07:15:13 AM »
im lovin the global login n mayb new guns?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2006, 01:32:30 PM »
VWEP!!!!!!

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2006, 03:19:08 PM »
im lovin the global login n mayb new guns?

totally agree.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2006, 08:32:16 PM »
We really have more improtant things to put in than new guns. The current range of guns is fine.

nXe

• Stingray
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2006, 08:36:19 PM »
STATIC MESH SUPPORT!  mapping with soley brushes = boo.  My major push would be for the new map format :/  All of the UI suggestions sound awesome and not too time consuming...

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2006, 09:58:30 PM »
VWEP!!!!!!

What the old guy said....

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2006, 10:22:20 PM »
Starting to lose track of what the votes are so far, so I'm putting peoples names down.  Here we go:

8: Global Login - Loial, Matze, P!ink, bitmate, Playah, oddjob, twistdid, GreenAffairz
2: GUI/HUD - toM|vendettA, Shreds
2: Demo control options - T3RR0R15T, Herron (I think?)
2: More match options - Gibb, Clipz
1: "bounce thing" - MosheD
1: Different elim text - AgentSmith
1: Improved models - JOE
1: Way to stop map change countdown - b00nlander
1: vwep - KnacK
1: New map format - nXe

Global login still leads by far.  Don't worry, though, build017 won't be the last... I hope.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2006, 11:06:44 PM »
NEW MAP FORMAT!!! And/or Vwep on the side.

FreudDu31

• Stingray
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2006, 01:20:38 AM »
Can you speed up the dl of files from server when client doesnt have a map. For example adding a variable in server.cfg like "seta maxuploadbyclient 30" en ko

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2006, 02:36:11 AM »
Ah, yes, that's another thing I've started and never finished - the fast file downloads.

8: Global Login - Loial, Matze, P!ink, bitmate, Playah, oddjob, twistdid, GreenAffairz
2: GUI/HUD - toM|vendettA, Shreds
2: Demo control options - T3RR0R15T, Herron (I think?)
2: More match options - Gibb, Clipz
2: New map format - nXe, eiii
1: "bounce thing" - MosheD
1: Different elim text - AgentSmith
1: Improved models - JOE
1: Way to stop map change countdown - b00nlander
1: vwep - KnacK
1: faster file downloads - FreudDu31

Another thing I was thinking about was some kind of "tutorial" or "practice" mode for new players.  Perhaps a simple course they have to run through before they're allowed to play online, so we don't get asked the same old, "How do I throw a grenade?" type questions over and over.