Author Topic: Change EV1 beta server login?  (Read 4825 times)

Justinph5

• Autococker
Change EV1 beta server login?
« on: July 07, 2009, 05:55:38 PM »
The past 2 times I went on the beta server, there is someone who changes the map... They were changed to maps like airtime1, shock, and pp1. And its changed from people who have the login, don't even create maps, and change from beta maps to stupid pub maps.

Can we get the login(s) changed and only give it out to recent mappers, so they can test their maps? I'm tired of all these people having login, and thinking they then have the right to control the server and what map its on.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Change EV1 beta server login?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 06:28:11 PM »
Agreed.  Nearly everyone knows it now.  Only thing is whats to stop people re-distribiting again.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 07:27:44 PM »
Well give it to the quality mappers and not the ones who release a map everyday. Maybe have it so it takes a few beta's to get it on the beta server therefore they wont need the login till they put 2/3 beta's into the map. So then people who just throw a box out everyday do not get controll of the login, and usually the people who spend time on their maps want to see the beta maps on the server to get feedback for their hardwork. But currently the maps on the Beta test server get changed every second by someone, onto as justinph5 said maps like shock pp1 air1.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 02:14:25 AM »
For more, some people connect to the server, change the map to airtime and then disconnect. I really wonder why the login hasn't been changed yet. This subject has been brought up more than 3 times for last half year, so I'm for myers idea.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 02:50:17 AM »
I advise not giving it to people like this...

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 07:13:51 AM »
Alternately, jits could just set up directories so the beta server ONLY has beta maps. That way it might still be abused, but the beta maps would get tested :)

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 07:18:06 AM »
Alternately, jits could just set up directories so the beta server ONLY has beta maps. That way it might still be abused, but the beta maps would get tested :)

But what about mofo's who just wanna be pain in the ass, and change the map after 10 seconds so no one can play?

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 09:42:08 AM »
PERMABAN

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 10:53:20 AM »
Is there a way to setup server login so everyone has a special login that they have to be logged in their account to use? That might be more work at the start, but then only mappers get it and even if idiots like robbie spam it but others can't use it. He would have to give out his account password and login password. Also that way you would have to be logged and therefore its really easy to see who is abusing the admin if the same problem occurs.

But no matter what, the admin needs changing.

ip0d

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »
yea this one noob shaiiboy or w.e always changes the map to a1 and then i put it on pfields cuz thats a pro map

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 12:38:57 PM »
i only gave out, to them people, i feel beta for beta testing, so they can test the maps they want, if you dont wanna test different maps dont go to beta its not a pub to play airtime, i say if you abuse and dont do beta maps you get banned maybe

there was no rules, about how has the admin login, i thought anyone could have it

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 12:49:08 PM »
i only gave out, to them people, i feel beta for beta testing, so they can test the maps they want, if you dont wanna test different maps dont go to beta its not a pub to play airtime, i say if you abuse and dont do beta maps you get banned maybe

there was no rules, about how has the admin login, i thought anyone could have it

Brain usage is allowed

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 01:10:27 PM »

Wow. Please take the time to type correctly. He gives out the login to the mappers so THEY can put THEIR maps on in the server, to test it out and see how it plays with people. The people you gave the login to don't know the meddling difference between a pub and a beta server.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 02:35:33 PM »
Why did he have it anyway, isn't it meant for mappers, or is a box considered a map now?

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 02:51:17 PM »
Why did he have it anyway, isn't it meant for mappers, or is a box considered a map now?

Ur so funny

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 07:15:33 PM »
Your Right Robbie.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 08:57:29 PM »
Your Right Robbie.

there is something missing in between posts that ki3s left out, care to share ki3s... all you see is "some" of what i said, NOT what ki3s said, dont blaim on me, it all started by me trying to login, and typed loginn peon, i put to n's and it made ki3s go crazy, so i told em admin = peon XD harmless fun when they already know, care to post demo instead of ss's Ki3s THank you GG

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 10:05:35 PM »
No, actually I recall someone saying to change the map and you gave them the login. And I don't have auto-record on for that server.

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 10:17:47 PM »
GO KI3S GO GO GO

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 11:29:31 PM »
Robbie, if I gave you admin to a server, would you distribute it like that?  You are given the admin to change the map ONLY to your own so you can put it into testing on the server.  Honestly, with what someone said above, having login connected to your own account would be great, I believe it was in the feature requests board at one point as well.  Then somehow link the login to changing to only your map....