Author Topic: xMAPCOM Summer 09 - Deadline is here.  (Read 58610 times)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: xMAPCOM Officially Presents: Summer 2009 Test Season
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2009, 10:14:51 AM »
I hate you guys. I was actually going to make a second submission called spawninarock.bsp :(

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2009, 10:20:36 AM »
spawninarock rofl :D

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2009, 10:28:22 AM »
:D That could work. Although it wouldn't win b.c it needs an underground theme XD

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2009, 09:04:17 PM »
This is not a committe. It is a group of people who call themselves a committee even though they have no rights, authority, governance, research duties, or coordination. Good luck with having absolutely no bearing, presence, or affect on the game.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2009, 09:09:37 PM »
This is not a committe. It is a group of people who call themselves a committee even though they have no rights, authority, governance, research duties, or coordination. Good luck with having absolutely no bearing, presence, or affect on the game.

You have absolutely got to love some of the encouraging opinions we have in here.
I mean, seriously. Do you have to post every single flaming, negative reply you think of? There are some things that you need to keep to yourself. If you have no faith in this group, feel free to PM any of the members. Don't start a flame war blatantly stating your useless opinion.

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2009, 09:43:01 PM »
You have absolutely got to love some of the encouraging opinions we have in here.
I mean, seriously. Do you have to post every single flaming, negative reply you think of? There are some things that you need to keep to yourself. If you have no faith in this group, feel free to PM any of the members. Don't start a flame war blatantly stating your useless opinion.

Perhaps its the way you present yourself that provokes this negativity. At least thats the only reason I thought this was a joke to begin with. You aren't a committee and you have no authority. So how about you call yourselves anything other than a committee. I have absolutely no problem or interest in what you are doing here, just thought your verbage was misleading and incorrect.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2009, 09:44:47 PM »
as with my post (which got deleted) its nothing about the members, its about making it a self proclaimed "official" committee. I think whats trying to get done is great, just the term being used.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2009, 09:56:52 PM »
The committee for the game is already a joke, so why get bent out of shape over a more organized committee for judging maps?

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2009, 10:07:47 PM »
The committee for the game is already a joke, so why get bent out of shape over a more organized committee for judging maps?

Already expained that as well as the fact that this isn't a committee. Just wanted to make clear that this is a group acting on its own without any official capacity. I applaud your efforts and hope you accomplish whatever it is you are trying to do.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2009, 10:30:09 PM »
If I have said and used the term "committee" for xMAPCOM, then I apologize. But xMAPCOM stands for Extreme Mapping Competitions. I am also not implying that this organization is the "Official Mapping Committee" of DP. Forgive me if what I said before has misguided you.
However, I am still defending the fact that some people have solidified their opinions about this organization, that we can accomplish nothing.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2009, 07:29:21 AM »
You can’t accomplish anything in life unless you try. You are never going to be happy with your work unless your give it your all. All I’m saying is just give it a try, you might like it.

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2009, 08:57:14 AM »
has a group of judges even been determined yet? Because if the people who are 'running' this are the ones who are judging I have a serious problem. Minus music, he seems to be more respectable than the others.

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2009, 01:55:01 PM »
Im not even gunna be a judge Rewind. No worries :)

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2009, 05:43:07 PM »
has a group of judges even been determined yet? Because if the people who are 'running' this are the ones who are judging I have a serious problem. Minus music, he seems to be more respectable than the others.

Respect is a strong word, I "respect" everyone on this game and forum, sure i may not like them, Respect is totally different then not liking someone, For example if i make a newmap, then i get totally flamed, I will not like that. But i respect what they say and i look at what they said and try to fix it, If you think you don't respect any of us but musik, You would not have signed up, but you looked through what we have said and you yourself signed up, Thats out of respect for us, Lets say nick123 made the greatest map ever, And no one takes the time to look a it because, You think you don't respect him for his other maps, And he wants to show he can map to get respect, which is making you an ass. This is a game, why or how can you not respect ME or anyone else trying to do this, We are starting this competition out of respect for people like you and everyone else can learn to map and get new maps with a different variety, BUT you don't respect us and you come in here to act like a baddie and tell us, You don't respect us, If you don't respect us DON'T STAY IN THIS THREAD! and of course me and musik aint judging we are making a map, So please read because right now all you are doing is being a pain in the ass.

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2009, 06:00:39 PM »
You know what I'm wondering? (This has nothing to do with Robbie's post) Why everyone can't just give this a try, I mean, UDead is 100% right when he says:
You can’t accomplish anything in life unless you try. All I’m saying is just give it a try, you might like it.
People are just not willing to try it. Are you afraid of something new in the DP Community? If you are afraid of something new in any category of life, whether it's marriage, online paintball games, sports, school or anything else, the truth is, you aren't going anywhere. Some of you might say you aren't, but in truth, the people who are against this competition ARE afraid of new things.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2009, 07:47:21 PM »

Don't worry. The people running this competition will not be judges. We have already recieved quite a large number of people that are willing to judge.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2009, 03:35:47 AM »
Important News:
Attention Competitors! Do not include your name in any part of the map. The only thing competitors can have in the map loading screen (worldspawn message) is the map name and the (will-be) assigned entry number.

Why's this?

Invited and Volunteered (Unconfirmed) Judges:
- skitzo (v)
- SuperMAn (v)
- CoolGuY (v)
- MyeRs (v)
- Kaos

Is Kaos already a confirmed judge?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2009, 03:51:34 AM »
I will shoot myself in the head if one of those people is a Judge.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2009, 04:02:23 AM »
May as well take off coolguy, thats chris123 right?

Seeing as Cameron and I both don't have any time to map, we will be pulling out of this seasons? mapping contest. Hopefully we will be entering the next contest.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 04:44:33 AM by Rick »

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2009, 04:53:39 AM »
May as well take off coolguy, thats chris123 right?
Yeh, it is.