Author Topic: xMAPCOM Summer 09 - Deadline is here.  (Read 58288 times)

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
Re: xMAPCOM Summer 09 - Last Day!
« Reply #280 on: August 28, 2009, 05:06:20 PM »
Then don't judge on the .map

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #281 on: August 28, 2009, 05:14:14 PM »
Someone want to make a pack of all the entries for the judges to download?

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #282 on: August 28, 2009, 05:31:10 PM »
Then don't judge on the .map
I signed up to judge the .map, not play the actual map. It'd mean I would have to re-install this game.

And by resigning I'm not judging the .map.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #283 on: August 28, 2009, 07:27:23 PM »
Someone want to make a pack of all the entries for the judges to download?

I will do that in a bit. As for the .map files, I can release mine, no problem, but I can't guarantee the others will give theirs.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #284 on: August 28, 2009, 07:47:10 PM »
I will do that in a bit. As for the .map files, I can release mine, no problem, but I can't guarantee the others will give theirs.
That's because it was optional.

@Rick - I've said previously in this thread that if you can't judge mapping aspects without the .map then you shouldn't sign up for being a judge. Which you did. Although you may be banned, all you have to do is run around in the map. Also, dp is a very quick install so it really can't be that big of a deal, especially to back out last minute over.

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #285 on: August 28, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »
WTF!? Rick is banned? I never knew that.
Anyways, back on topic. I hope to be seeing many more entries tomorrow by the xMAPCOM contestants and wish them all good luck!

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #286 on: August 28, 2009, 08:04:35 PM »
I released Rick was banned, but I thought being banned simply meant that they couldn't play on any publi server whatsoever, but testing out maps on your own in one of those LAN servers was ok. We should be getting at least 2 more entries, one from ViciouZ and another from aircrew. Good luck to both.

Look out for an attachment in ths post for the judges. I'll be packing all the maps together in one zip.

EDIT: Didn't realize ViciouZ released his entry already. Good job.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #287 on: August 28, 2009, 08:13:25 PM »
That's because it was optional.

@Rick - I've said previously in this thread that if you can't judge mapping aspects without the .map then you shouldn't sign up for being a judge. Which you did. Although you may be banned, all you have to do is run around in the map. Also, DP is a very quick install so it really can't be that big of a deal, especially to back out last minute over.

I just don't get what the big deal is about me not judging. There is 3 other people judging.
And, like I said, I signed up to be a judge of the .map files, not to be a judge of gameplay, aesthetics and such. Also, I'm suppose to be able to tell the technicality of the map by just running around in it? What if I wanted to see how entities have been used(not models/base/flag obviously)? Or if someone has just put a box around a leak? Or how messy the maker made the map in bsp? Or if groups have been used? So on.

I know your going to reply with answers to all that but whats the point? It's not going to change my beliefs and it's not going to change me dropping out. Instead of trying to prove yourself right, how about you take my place and this contest can run smoothly.

@Music, Like I said, I wanted to be a judge of the .map files and your right, I could test it out on my own server BUT that is not what I signed up to do.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #288 on: August 28, 2009, 08:17:31 PM »
Well, I've been collecting the entries to zip into a pack, and I realized, all three .map sources have been provided. (Well, except mine, but I simply forgot, and is willing to give it away). So either way, judge or not, the next attachment I'm going to provide will include both playable maps and editable maps, and can only hope no one goes and makes excrementy remakes of either without first asking for any permission.

As for the "3 other people judging", 2 of them are going to focus on entirely different things, and seeing as you (Rick) and Cameron are such a great mapping team together, we all thought it would be a fair judging table.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #289 on: August 28, 2009, 08:21:05 PM »
Well if the .maps are going to be provided. I don't see why I have to quit judging :DDD. I'll judge, aslong as it's only the .map files :P

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #290 on: August 28, 2009, 08:37:43 PM »
Well if the .maps are going to be provided. I don't see why I have to quit judging :DDD. I'll judge, aslong as it's only the .map files :P

LOL. Ok. Give me about 5 minutes to just organize this pack.

EDIT: Posted links to map pack.

ZShare:
 http://www.zshare.net/download/648098026feba6f6/ (There's a slightly NSFW ad there sometimes all the time)
Rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/272833699/xMAPCOM_Summer_2009.zip.html
Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qz2nrzmzgzj

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #291 on: August 28, 2009, 08:51:35 PM »
Yeh, thats what I thought was coming our way.  This shall be an interesting weekend.  I wonder how much time i'll have to judge...

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #292 on: August 28, 2009, 08:53:48 PM »
Yeh, thats what I thought was coming our way.  This shall be an interesting weekend.  I wonder how much time i'll have to judge...

In all honesty, there are too few maps. Three to be exact. Even if you spent an hour in detail reviewing each map, at most, you'd have used up three hours. Add another hour for discussion between you two, and that's four. Because of the number of entries we've recieved, you won't be spending too much time on judging.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #293 on: August 29, 2009, 12:55:53 AM »
After looking at all of these maps, hopefully if this continues, we should see some great quality maps made in the future.  Its rare at the moment to see a map that passes beta stages and gets played on pubs.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #294 on: August 29, 2009, 02:19:01 AM »
After looking at all of these maps, hopefully if this continues, we should see some great quality maps made in the future.  Its rare at the moment to see a map that passes beta stages and gets played on pubs.

This will defiitely continue. I've already prepared the information for the next contest, with a much more interesting theme. Most maps played now are all speed maps, and as soon as a new map possesses any form of slow movement whatsoever, it immediately becomes quite unpopular.

EDIT: There is a total of half an hour left, starting from the time I post this.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 04:27:40 AM by musickid999 »

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
Re: xMAPCOM Summer 09 - Deadline is here.
« Reply #295 on: August 29, 2009, 07:51:00 AM »
Can someone, like superman said, create a mappack with all of the maps and their required files/textures?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #296 on: August 29, 2009, 10:50:35 AM »
LOL. Ok. Give me about 5 minutes to just organize this pack.

EDIT: Posted links to map pack.

ZShare:
 http://www.zshare.net/download/648098026feba6f6/ (There's a slightly NSFW ad there sometimes all the time)
Rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/272833699/xMAPCOM_Summer_2009.zip.html
Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qz2nrzmzgzj

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #297 on: August 31, 2009, 12:45:23 PM »
So, when are the results going to be given out?

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #298 on: August 31, 2009, 02:48:10 PM »
sorry rimini no crazy entrance been busy with school =D ill finish it later and release it when we like and.. er my irc didnt crash for no reason

woo got my irc working ill finish it in a month we wouldnt
have finished it in time anyways rimini

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #299 on: August 31, 2009, 03:22:17 PM »
Oh intercourse, judging time?  I'll try and get around to it tonight :).