Author Topic: More Perpetual Ridicule.. (Demos)  (Read 5770 times)

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
More Perpetual Ridicule.. (Demos)
« on: February 28, 2006, 08:16:17 PM »
1 vs. 3 scrimmage of an experienced [eR33t] player (myself) (#team_eR33t) versus a newer startup clan -- HellHoundz.

http://www.houstonareacomputers.com/pbdemos/1_vs_3_hhz.dm2

I apologize in advance, since this is clearly a blatant attempt to defame their character. Please ignore the incessant amount of ridicule present within the demo, it is an uncontrollable habit/disease.

Also, I would like to cast my sincerest apologies to those who are unable to comprehend the sarcasm present in the aforementioned paragraph, and will no doubt flame this thread into oblivion.

loial21

• Autococker
Re: More Perpetual Ridicule.. (Demos)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 09:15:22 PM »
Also, I would like to cast my sincerest apologies
:) Funny.

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 09:27:33 PM »

I have no idea what relevance this demo has to anything, so I think its rather fitting that I have a screenshot which also has no relevance.

OLE!

P.S That giant 'nob' wasnt just brushed in on microsoft paint, it took the dedication of two whole paintball players (me and Dr Rich Douglas MD) to spray that on, which I guess does have some relevance to the demo! ROFFLEMAYO!

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 09:48:53 PM »
i have to agree with reed on this one. I don't think you posted this to defame their character at all, in fact i doubt you even remember that clans name right now.

It honestly looks to me like you took the first clan that came near you, and demoed them whilst making g1 and ty, comments which i doubt you really wanted to, to prove some sort of point.

i just don't understand why...

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 09:55:47 PM »
The fact that you talk to yourself is funny, or sad, or maybe all 3.....

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 10:13:43 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:41:50 AM by P!nk »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 11:15:01 PM »
There's truth to the title, but it has nothing to do with HellHoundz.  I wonder how many people see it.  In any case, good sportsmanship in the demo.  I wish it were always that way.

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 12:20:51 AM »
Once again I think the point of the post is misinterpreted. I couldn't care less what you think of my sportsmanship in the demo, that's not the point at all. It was not my intentional to artificially show how "nice" I am to a bunch of relative beginners.

You have a point, I really couldn't care less about saying "ns" or something most of the time that I do. This applys to pretty much any time I'm playing. I feel more like saying, "lucky shot," and in all honesty, that's probably what it was. In this particular situation -- If I'm beating you and two of your partners in a 1vs3, I'm clearly considerably better. I make comments like that only because I am not completely void of sincerity, and do at least respect a group of guys continuing to play while getting beat. Is this kind of mindframe concieted? Sure it is.. I am better at this game than you are. Deal with it.

All I was trying to say was that it is in many respects similar to what was posted a few days ago, a lopsided victory against uneven teams. This fact alone seems to give people the impression of arrogance. It’s like if someone posts a screenshot of them having a great public session and going 110-8 or something. That’s clearly impressive, but only for the guy who’s 110-8.. not the three guys on the other team who’s K/D ratio is like 1:8.

Lekky, you response was exactly the kind that I was talking about. You clearly have no understanding of the situation which is being discussed. It’s like when someone jumps in the middle of a discussion that you’re having, and takes a side when they really don’t understand the argument in the first place. I’m not attacking you for this, I ‘m just pointing out that I believe it to be a mistake.

Reed, I was talking in mm2 because I was recording… hope you’re joking about that.

Pink, we need more people like you on this forum. Sexy, pink people.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 02:19:06 AM »
I don't think some of you get it.  You think people are annoyed with you because you outplay them when the real issue is attitude.

Here's a rundown of the situation:
- Bob makes a post with some demos of er33t beating a team 3v6, that's all well and good giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying he was doing it as a contribution to the community so people could learn from er33t's experience with the map.
- ... but then the post continues on to a demo of "the result."  I see very few scenarios where this could be anything constructive, and this wasn't one of them.  I watched the demo expecting to see aB going nuts, but aB actually said very little.  The majority of the demo was er33t laughing at, mocking, name calling, and using various other forms of ridicule.  Do you seriously not see that?  Do you think it's somehow justified because you won?  Because "They started it!"?
- I state my disappointment in the matter.
- Blitz immediately turns to attack me, too.
- General thread mayhem (there are other points I could take from there, but it's not really worth the bother).
- Blitz creates a new post and flips my words around to be completely sarcastic.  Another form of ridicule.  Even straight from the dictionary: "A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule."

The purpose of this post is to merely spell everything out for you, just in case you weren't already aware of how your actions are perceived by other people.  I have a feeling, though, you'll just laugh it off, make up some excuse to justify your actions, or even respond with one of those typical juvenile retorts, and the perpetual ridicule will continue.  I hope you'll prove me wrong and realize there's more to being a good player than just being able to win a match.  This is aimed at everyone, not just er33t.  There are plenty of people who suffer from this "uncontrollable habit/disease."

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 03:54:55 AM »
The problem I had with your response to his post was that concerning what went on during "the result." You're right, it's not constructive at all -- I'll agree with that mutch. But to say that eR33t was doing the majority of "name calling, laughing at, mocking, and various other forms of ridiclue" does not at all represent what went on. It was a two-sided flame fest, indeed very similar to many of these threads. This was the reason I was so quick to attack you -- because you were so quick to attack us. I've taken the liberty of extracting the conversation for analysis, along with my own sarcastic (not intented to defame anyone! just to entertain!) post-summaries.

[ELIM] [eR33t]Buddha: our life = dp
[ELIM] [eR33t]gopple: what map
[ELIM] [eR33t]Buddha: unis life = wolf

So here is where things take off, at the end of castle1 uni states out loud that we (eR33t) have no life, implying that we won because of our long hours spent hunched over our computers. In our dark, lonely rooms. Buddha counter attacks this claim, using the now popular form of wolf-based accusations. Both claims are likely true, and both parties are aggitated.

[ELIM] Calrathan: lmafo
[ELIM] [eR33t]ropple: wow
[ELIM] [aB]sLIMS}{ADy: u guys are pathetic
[ELIM] [aB]UNiBoNGeR: ...

slimshady notes that eR33t is pathetic. Again, probably true -- but clearly "ridiculue"

[ELIM] [eR33t]gopple: wtf
[ELIM] [aB]UNiBoNGeR: lol
[eR33t]Buddha: we're pathetic
[ELIM] [eR33t]Buddha: lmao
[ELIM] [eR33t]gopple: why are we pathetic
ELIM] [eR33t]gopple: we talked like twice that whole time

More laughing. Seeking Explanation.

[ELIM] [eR33t]gopple: lucky we werent saying
[ELIM] [eR33t]gopple: RAPED
[ELIM] [eR33t]gopple: every round
[ELIM] [aB]sLIMS}{ADy: get rid of the intercoursein bots
[ELIM] [aB]sLIMS}{ADy: now
[ELIM] [eR33t]Buddha: dont know how
[ELIM] [eR33t]ropple: lmao
[ELIM] [eR33t]gopple: they're reconning us
[ELIM] [eR33t]Buddha: whats command

More two sided activity/demands..

[ELIM] [aB]sLIMS}{ADy: no there prolly another pc next to u
[ELIM] [aB]sLIMS}{ADy: so u can camera us
[ELIM] [eR33t]Buddha: hahahahhaha
[ELIM] [eR33t]Buddha: dude
[ELIM] [eR33t]gopple: obs blackout is on
[ELIM] [aB]sLIMS}{ADy: always ahving to cheat
[ELIM] [eR33t]Buddha: obs blackout is on
[ELIM] [eR33t]gopple: next excuse?
[ELIM] [eR33t]Buddha: im laughing

Cheat accusations. Counter. Retort. Counter-retort.

[ELIM] [aB]sLIMS}{ADy: type removeall bots
[ELIM] [aB]sLIMS}{ADy: or give me 250 and ill meddling do it u bthc
[ELIM] [eR33t]gopple: why are you getting all mad

The defenseless christans, [aB] have clearly been verbally molested. This unjustice brought to you courtesy of the anarchist organization, [eR33t].

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »
Reed agrees with Jitspoe *Reed spits on er33t* :D

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 09:54:53 AM »
et moi.

and i still have no idea why this demo was posted.

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 10:08:35 AM »
et moi.

and i still have no idea why this demo was posted.

I do believe he was trying to prove a point/provoke a reaction.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 01:02:04 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:55:40 AM by Dirty_Taco »

AgentSmith

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 02:02:33 PM »
I cant download the demo, something seems to be down:-(

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 02:53:25 PM »
Yeah, my webserver keeps going down.. should be up eventually. The point of the demo is  the same as most any demo you can find at http://pbdemos.houstonareacomputers.com ...to show people getting dominated.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 05:40:28 PM »
aB certainly isn't in the clear, and my initial comment was not directly aimed at er33t, however er33t took the immediate defensive stance.

aB immediately accused eR33t of hacking.
They didn't, though.  It was incited by comments like these: "[eR33t]gopple: they're reconning us".  If you don't see how that's provocative mocking, I can explain it for you.  Naturally, they may have accused you otherwise, but I think a lot of this you bring upon yourself because of your attitude.

Also, comments like "*Reed spits on er33t*" are uncalled for.   I'm not trying to attack them, just make them aware of how their actions can be perceived by other people.  That type of thing is exactly what makes these scenarios continue.

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006, 05:49:58 PM »
In my country spitting on someone is a type of sexual advancement.

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006, 10:25:33 PM »
Jitspoe, are you blind? Read again.

[ELIM] [aB]sLIMS}{ADy: no there prolly another pc next to u
[ELIM] [aB]sLIMS}{ADy: so u can camera us
[ELIM] [eR33t]Buddha: hahahahhaha
[ELIM] [eR33t]Buddha: dude
[ELIM] [eR33t]gopple: obs blackout is on
[ELIM] [aB]sLIMS}{ADy: always ahving to cheat
[ELIM] [eR33t]Buddha: obs blackout is on
[ELIM] [eR33t]gopple: next excuse?
[ELIM] [eR33t]Buddha: im laughing

KTHX?

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 12:08:06 AM »
aB certainly isn't in the clear, and my initial comment was not directly aimed at er33t

Then I misinterpreted the meaning of your response, and for that I apologize.