Author Topic: Automatic Equipment Pick-Up System  (Read 16177 times)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Automatic Equipment Pick-Up System
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 03:53:59 AM »
-1. If you can't be bothered pressing 1,2,3,4 etc OR re-binding your drop weapon binds, then I can't be bothered voting yes on this.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 10:36:47 PM »
Why are so many people voting against this?  How would it have a negative impact on the game?

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009, 10:47:56 PM »
Why are so many people voting against this?  How would it have a negative impact on the game?
probably because i started this thread, and i am hated by everyone

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009, 11:26:02 PM »
probably because i started this thread, and i am hated by everyone
+1

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 12:09:42 PM »
+1
So you're all voting against a feature because you don't like somebody?  That's just stupid.

What about the daily questions like this?

[10:54:15] <DPSurfer> and how can i switch weapon
[10:54:24] <nub|> press 1
[10:54:30] <nub|> to drop your weapon
[10:54:35] <nub|> then run over the new weapon
[10:54:40] <nub|> to pick it up
[10:54:55] <DPSurfer> num block or ovre keys ?
[10:55:29] <nub|> over keyss

Are there any legitimate reasons you don't want this feature implemented?

nook

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 12:13:39 PM »

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 12:22:38 PM »

Who makes the list which weapon is the best? There is only one option: Each user must make the list himself.
If not, we have something like expert mode all the time.

EDIT: Saw, that u wrote "...a prioritized order of weapons." in the notes. It sounds like u want make it later (a few builds after this feature has been implemented) as a tweak or an own feature, but that is a must have.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 04:31:06 PM »
Could you make it so that each user can preset their list, that way each person gets what they want. And if they want to pr0 pgp they can still drop guns like before. Also if you would make this for guns it would be nice to have it for other items (hoppers, barrels)

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 05:33:17 PM »
Could you make it so that each user can preset their list, that way each person gets what they want. And if they want to pr0 pgp they can still drop guns like before. Also if you would make this for guns it would be nice to have it for other items (hoppers, barrels)
it is already for all equipment lol, thats includes hopper and barrel's.

And it will have a list already made, then if you want to can change it in control's or something to what you like (for example change the cocker from the best gun to 2nd and adding the carbine as the best)

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 06:01:18 PM »

+1 for that idea.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 08:49:23 PM »
  • Hoppers - Great to pick up a larger one, wouldn't mind if they were automatically picked up for a bigger one.
  • Barrels - When you are like me and can't aim with a high ping, I prefer to have a barrel with less accuracy than more accuracy, because I know that I have more of a chance of hitting someone than with a higher accuracy one.
  • Guns - Some people like carbines, some people like autocockers, some people like automags, etc.  It'd be impossible to select a better weapon.  We would have to make it preset ourselves.

Overall, if it were to be implemented, in my opinion it would have to be a user setting, first of all to turn it on and off, but secondly to choose which items to apply it to.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 06:02:17 PM »
My idea was to have it customizable (for the weapons, at least) so you could specify what priority to pick weapons up in.  Maybe a list like:

pgp,trracer,stingray=vm,spyder,carbine=autococker=automag

That would mean if you had a trracer and walked over a spyder, you'd auto-swap to the spyder, but if you had a carbine or autococker and walked over an automag, you'd have to drop it in order to pick up the automag, since they were equal on the priority list.

You could also do something like just

pgp

Then it wouldn't pick up any weapon, so you don't have to worry about inadvertently picking up a gun when you're PGPing.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 06:14:13 PM »
And each user could make this list however they want, am I correct?

rafalluz

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 07:00:53 AM »
For weapons, if lists can be made for individual priorities of anyone, I think that's another great idea.

For hoppers or barrels simple enable/disable imo would suffice.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 09:20:01 AM »
Maybe have two or more profiles for that. It would be much easier to change to another profile as to type in the complete list again and again.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2009, 06:00:10 PM »
And this is why I would like this as well.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=16279.0

Brothers or sisters may play the game, and if this setting is just for the game, it would continuously change as people prefer different guns, etc.  That way you can personalise it for each profile, not affecting the other one.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2009, 06:11:02 AM »
I mean (new) weapon profiles, not the player profiles.

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2009, 01:14:23 PM »

pgp

Then it wouldn't pick up any weapon, so you don't have to worry about inadvertently picking up a gun when you're PGPing.

Now that's interesting, would be nice to see this implemented.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2010, 03:34:06 AM »
My idea was to have it customizable (for the weapons, at least) so you could specify what priority to pick weapons up in.  Maybe a list like:

pgp,trracer,stingray=vm,spyder,carbine=autococker=automag

That would mean if you had a trracer and walked over a spyder, you'd auto-swap to the spyder, but if you had a carbine or autococker and walked over an automag, you'd have to drop it in order to pick up the automag, since they were equal on the priority list.

pgp

Yes! that is a great idea! I voted this up!

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2010, 07:59:11 PM »
-1. If you can't be bothered pressing 1,2,3,4 etc OR re-binding your drop weapon binds, then I can't be bothered voting yes on this.

What's wrong with it? You should be able to set a priority level for the items. For example, items that YOU set to be the same won't switch with each other. You'll have to manually pick them up. If YOU set the PGP to have a higher priority level than the automag or autococker, then you wont pick up the automag or autococker. Same thing with barrels, hoppers, etc.