Author Topic: Automatic Equipment Pick-Up System  (Read 16176 times)

Narga

• 68 Carbine
Re: Automatic Equipment Pick-Up System
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2010, 08:01:30 PM »
My idea was to have it customizable (for the weapons, at least) so you could specify what priority to pick weapons up in.  Maybe a list like:

pgp,trracer,stingray=vm,spyder,carbine=autococker=automag

That would mean if you had a trracer and walked over a spyder, you'd auto-swap to the spyder, but if you had a carbine or autococker and walked over an automag, you'd have to drop it in order to pick up the automag, since they were equal on the priority list.

You could also do something like just

pgp

Then it wouldn't pick up any weapon, so you don't have to worry about inadvertently picking up a gun when you're PGPing.

You should be able to do the samething with other items too.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2010, 10:48:31 AM »
My idea was to have it customizable (for the weapons, at least) so you could specify what priority to pick weapons up in.  Maybe a list like:

That would mean if you had a trracer and walked over a spyder, you'd auto-swap to the spyder, but if you had a carbine or autococker and walked over an automag, you'd have to drop it in order to pick up the automag, since they were equal on the priority list.

pgp

Then it wouldn't pick up any weapon, so you don't have to worry about inadvertently picking up a gun when you're PGPing.

I think an easier way of this priority system would be numbers. Each item has a number. The higher the number, the higher the priority. Items with the same number have the same priority. For example, if the Trracer has a priority level of two and the Autococker has a priority level of two, then they will have the same priority level and you'll need to drop the Trracer if you wanted to switch to the Autococker. Remember that he's/she's not being specific with what kind of equipment, so he's/she's generalizing the word equipment. This feature can also be easily turned off. There should be two radio buttons, one that says "turn on priority feature" and one that says "turn off priority feature". When the feature is turned off, the PGP will have a priority level of one and the rest of the weapons will have a priority level of two. "No hopper" will have a priority level of one and the rest of the hoppers will have a priority level of two. Same thing with the rest of the equipment. For equipment that is optional to have like hoppers. You don't need to have a hopper. So items that people don't need to have will have an item called "no hopper", "no barrel", "no CO2", etc. People that want challenging gameplay can set "no hopper" to have a priority level of 2 and the rest of the hoppers to have a priority level of 1. Same thing with the rest of them. However, paintball markers can't have an item called "no marker" because you can't get rid of your PGP. When someone installs the game for the first time then the priority system will assume that the person is a noob and will set the priority levels with low end items having a low priority and high end items having a high priority. The person can change this when ever he/she wants. I think features that can easily be turned off and on should automatically be implemented into the game. For those who don't want it can turn it off and those who do want it (like me) can turn it on.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2010, 02:37:22 PM »
I think an easier way of this priority system would be numbers. Each item has a number. The higher the number, the higher the priority. Items with the same number have the same priority. For example, if the Trracer has a priority level of two and the Autococker has a priority level of two, then they will have the same priority level and you'll need to drop the Trracer if you wanted to switch to the Autococker. Remember that he's/she's not being specific with what kind of equipment, so he's/she's generalizing the word equipment. This feature can also be easily turned off. There should be two radio buttons, one that says "turn on priority feature" and one that says "turn off priority feature". When the feature is turned off, the PGP will have a priority level of one and the rest of the weapons will have a priority level of two. "No hopper" will have a priority level of one and the rest of the hoppers will have a priority level of two. Same thing with the rest of the equipment. For equipment that is optional to have like hoppers. You don't need to have a hopper. So items that people don't need to have will have an item called "no hopper", "no barrel", "no CO2", etc. People that want challenging gameplay can set "no hopper" to have a priority level of 2 and the rest of the hoppers to have a priority level of 1. Same thing with the rest of them. However, paintball markers can't have an item called "no marker" because you can't get rid of your PGP. When someone installs the game for the first time then the priority system will assume that the person is a noob and will set the priority levels with low end items having a low priority and high end items having a high priority. The person can change this when ever he/she wants. I think features that can easily be turned off and on should automatically be implemented into the game. For those who don't want it can turn it off and those who do want it (like me) can turn it on.

A shorter way to put it is that when the priority feature is turned off. The feature automatically sets it self so that it is the way that it was before it gets implemented. For example; since that this feature is not implemented (right now), the game only switches equipment when you don't have any and the game only switches markers when you have the PGP. That is what it should be like when the feature is turned off.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2010, 03:29:52 PM »

tldr.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2010, 04:40:26 PM »

rafalluz

• VM-68
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2010, 05:41:51 PM »
TLDR

1. (Internet) too long; didn't read. Used to indicate that one didn't read the whole text.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2010, 06:47:02 PM »
TLDR

1. (Internet) too long; didn't read. Used to indicate that one didn't read the whole text.

I posted a shorter one. Look for it.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2010, 11:33:10 PM »
I'll make my post shorter by dividing it.

pgp

That system seems hard. It should be a number system. If you give something a higher number, then it will have a higher priority. If you give something a lower number, then it will have a lower priority. Items with the same number as each other have the same priority as each other.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2010, 11:38:06 PM »
This feature can be easily turned off. there can be two radio buttons. One that says "on" and another that says "off". When the feature is off. The game acts like the way it was when this wasn't implemented. In other words, if you have nothing or a PGP (generalizing nothing); you will swap with something. If you have something or not a PGP (generalizing something), you'll have to drop the item to swap with another.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2010, 11:39:34 PM »
By default, this feauture will be set so lower end items will have a lower priority, & higher end items will have a higher priority.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2010, 11:40:28 PM »
This feature can be easily turned off. there can be two radio buttons. One that says "on" and another that says "off". When the feature is off. The game acts like the way it was when this wasn't implemented. In other words, if you have nothing or a PGP (generalizing nothing); you will swap with something. If you have something or not a PGP (generalizing something), you'll have to drop the item to swap with another.

Should features that can easily be turned off be voted on? Those who hate it can turn it off.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2010, 11:52:17 PM »
+1

But it is still a good feature? What if Jitspoe submited this feature vote? Would you give it a +1 if Calathran or Jitspoe submited this? What if you hated it and Jitspoe, Calathran, or Dirty Taco submitted this? Whould you give it a -1 then? Is hating someone a good reason to give a vote a -1? You should put a -1 on a do-you-like-this-person-thread or somehing.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2010, 11:55:58 PM »
I think everyone needs to know that is is a feature vote thread. Not a person vote thread.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2010, 11:57:50 PM »
If you hate this feature then just turn it off. I explain how to in an earlier reply.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2010, 12:08:42 AM »
How about instead of letting out your anger on someone by voting down kool, convienient features, you can post your thoughts on a special thread.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2010, 09:10:04 AM »
I'm not sure, but did you just post 9 times in a row? There's a button called edit. Use it.

What's wrong with it? You should be able to set a priority level for the items. For example, items that YOU set to be the same won't switch with each other. You'll have to manually pick them up. If YOU set the PGP to have a higher priority level than the automag or autococker, then you wont pick up the automag or autococker. Same thing with barrels, hoppers, etc.

Thank you for re-explaining what I already knew. THANK YOU.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2010, 09:10:10 AM »
M-M-M-MONSTER POST

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2010, 10:20:37 PM »
I'm not sure, but did you just post 9 times in a row? There's a button called edit. Use it.

Thank you for re-explaining what I already knew. THANK YOU.

I was splitting my long post into smaller post because someone said TDLR to me.

tldr.

TLDR

rafalluz

• VM-68
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2010, 05:47:02 AM »
Start with using paragraphs.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2010, 08:59:15 AM »
hahahaha this fail ist just funny

+1 for rafalluz