Author Topic: tDD clan is Now recruiting !!!!!!!  (Read 5253 times)

tartjagger

• Stingray
Re: tDD clan is Now recruiting !!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 11:22:22 AM »
Aaaaaaarrrrr, we're all pirates in tDD and we're dead 'aaaaaard and we've got tattoos and everythin. We'll come over slit your gizzard if you pick on Starfox again  >:(

And there's no spelling test to join our clan  :P
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 04:22:25 PM by tartjagger »

starfox900

• PGP
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 11:32:20 AM »
well everyone made me feel like crap as it seemed everyone was takeing the piss out of me for it and i didnt see what was wrong till someone pointed it out

tartjagger

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 11:47:51 AM »
yeah! I'm not really sure I want to be in a clan that promotes endless recruiting :/

Point taken Aaaaaaarrrrrrr. The problem is that we were trying to satisfy the requirements of 2 kinds of people:

1. Quite a lot of people on my server, especially a lot of the newer players want to be in a clan but are not really interested in playing in matches. I've encouraged this I think it's good for the server and good for the game, they feel part of it and some like to take an active part in the general running of the server and the website. The only criterion I have used in selecting members is that they are regular visitors to the server and they show a mature and sensible attitude to the game (that actually rules out some of you 'pros').  I know that some 'serious' clan members are quite critical about this, YOU ARE WRONG if we want this game to grow, it needs to be accessible to players of all levels.

2. We have the players who want to play in matches and are fiercely competitive, to satisfy these players I have set up the clanserver and I'm working with starfox on getting this sorted, we already have offers from some top players to help with the training. I've been hampered by problems with the server firewall but this seems to be sorted now and it hasn't crashed for a number of days.

Starfox and I have come to the conclusion that we cannot satisfy the requirements of both sets of people with just one clan and we are planning to launch a second clan for the more serious players. Both clans will be encouraged to take part in training and there will be some overlap.  Anyone interested in helping or joining, please visit our website www.tartsdirtyden.wetpaint.com
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 04:25:10 PM by tartjagger »

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 05:31:01 PM »
Good luck.
 Are ya'll on mIRC yet? If not download it and follow the guide to get linked up with everyone here. Someone will be more than glad to run you through setting up your ARRGGGGHHHH channel.