Author Topic: [Request] #paintball update  (Read 3530 times)

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
[Request] #paintball update
« on: August 04, 2009, 10:39:49 PM »
This is what you see when you join #paintball:

[00:12] * Now talking in #paintball
[00:12] * Topic is 'Digital Paint Paintball2 -- http://www.digitalpaint.org/ -=- Helpful GlobalGamers IRC scripts: http://www.globalgamers.net/?s=support&p=files -=|=- Build 26 is out!'
[00:12] * Set by KnacK` on Mon Apr 06 18:07:26
[00:12] -ChanServ- (#paintball) Digital Paint: Paintball2 -=- www.digitalpaint.org -=- Helpful GlobalGamers IRC scripts: http://www.globalgamers.net/?s=support&p=files

This is what you see when you join #GlobalGamers

[00:13] * Now talking in #GlobalGamers
[00:13] * Topic is 'Welcome to Global Gamers - www.GlobalGamers.net - For help: /msg HelpServ <Your request here> - Help Guides: http://globalgamers.net/?s=support&p=help_guides -- Network Rules: http://globalgamers.net/?s=info&p=rules -- Summer celebration results: http://www.globalgamers.net/?s=info&p=news&id=128'
[00:13] * Set by koen on Wed Jul 15 03:43:19
[00:13] -ChanServ- (#GlobalGamers) Welcome to the Global Gamers IRC network! If you need assistance, please private message your question to HelpServ and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Example: /msg HelpServ How do I register an account?

#paintball is a place that alot of people go to for help, especially when the irc off this site brings them to it upon connecting. I always see people in there asking for help, but there isn't always someone reading to answer. I think we should get a Helpserv team of people like #GlobalGamers to answer questions about downloading, game options, making a clan, making an account, etc. The #1 thing I see people do when they get in there is ask for jitspoe. This would lighten his load of PM's i bet. Example: /msg DPteam How do I make my name colorful? That question would be sent to the team and someone would reply: Use the command menu setup_funname in the game console (`)

Since nobody wants these demo requests on the forums, maybe you can make some kind of command that will record a demo request. Example: !request player's name map date server.

We would need a group of people that know their stuff, some that speak other languages too.

Post your opinons

fasian

• 68 Carbine
Re: [Request] #paintball update
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 04:18:24 AM »
Good idea, but where are we going to get these people.

battle

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 01:43:54 AM »
"<+kuku> um, is this game for mac?
<+kuku> anyone?"

"<+SynteX> anyone here?
<+SynteX> that can help"

Now i know what you mean.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 06:52:22 AM »

I'd most certainly do it :o Im on IRC almost all day :]

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 07:45:21 PM »

Anyone willing to do it could post here, they will need to learn about the most common problems people have and know how to fix them. There are many people in this community that know their technical stuff and about computers. They help people here on forums, so it shouldn't be hard to find some :P

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 03:38:50 AM »
I'd most certainly do it :o Im on IRC almost all day :]
Sigh. What are you doing to do. Just fool around.

Anyone willing to do it could post here, they will need to learn about the most common problems people have and know how to fix them. There are many people in this community that know their technical stuff and about computers. They help people here on forums, so it shouldn't be hard to find some :P
Doubt we can find a lot of people that are mature enough to do this.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 04:47:17 AM »
Since nobody wants these demo requests on the forums, maybe you can make some kind of command that will record a demo request. Example: !request player's name map date server.

It's not that people don't want the demo requests on the forums, it's just that it's the same people requesting them.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 02:06:11 PM »
I can easily make a script for this. I have a simple one made already, where if someone types !help an alert will be sent to the Helpers signifying that someone needs help.

Skadoosh, when you have a group of people who are willing to help, PM me the names so I can add them to the script.
I'll be one of them. ;)

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 04:06:34 PM »
Thanks, and also I'm not looking to run this. I just think we could use a team on IRC for this so maybe Jitspoe or Knack or someone like that would overlook things

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 04:18:32 PM »
Ok. PM me a list of names once everything is clarified and sorted. :P

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 07:16:31 PM »
You could also post here the basics on how to help someone with their problems related to the game.
Soo even if your not part of this "team" you can help people out =)

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 08:28:05 PM »
I will work on a list of common problems about the game that people have that this "team" should be able to help them with. Hopefully this will develop until we have a good team

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 02:35:17 AM »
The channel is filled with those annoying scrim requests which creates huge amounts of noise during the channel's down time... which makes it much harder to notice when people are actually talking in there.

Assuming you're using mIRC, putting this
Code: [Select]
on ^*:TEXT:*:#paintball:{
  if (ChanServ isin $nick) {
    halt
    }
}
in your 'Remote' script will keep you from ever seeing chanserv's words in #paintball ever again. Now when that little button lights up, someone's actually saying something worthwhile! Well, maybe.

sean123

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 08:01:20 AM »
yea But if the script pm's you then it should not be that bad.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 08:27:40 AM »
Don't even need a PM. A simple /notice command would do the trick. PMs would get annoying, and build your channel toolbar up. A notice notifies you, and thats all. ;)

Thanks Eii for that.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 12:39:33 PM »
The problem with DPSurfer's coming in for help, is that they'll leave after 3 seconds if no one responds to them. I've typed an answer out many times, only for them to leave before I even finished typing the answer.

For those DPSurfer's that stay on and wait after they ask for help, I always see at least 3 people respond while trying to help them. I don't blame the lack of help, I blame it on all of the DPSurfers' impatience.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 04:56:03 PM »
Hmm how about if Jitspoe will set an onjoinmsg that will get their attention, saying like: If you're asking for help, please wait a few minutes for someone to respond. Maybe in more than 1 language as well

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »
The channel is filled with those annoying scrim requests which creates huge amounts of noise during the channel's down time... which makes it much harder to notice when people are actually talking in there.

Assuming you're using mIRC, putting this
Code: [Select]
on ^*:TEXT:*:#paintball:{
  if (ChanServ isin $nick) {
    halt
    }
}
in your 'Remote' script will keep you from ever seeing chanserv's words in #paintball ever again. Now when that little button lights up, someone's actually saying something worthwhile! Well, maybe.

I disabled that.  It did get pretty annoying.  Especially since the same clan would do like 10 requests in 5 minutes.