Author Topic: Lets grow up.  (Read 7901 times)

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
Lets grow up.
« on: August 11, 2009, 08:31:09 PM »
Right, the time for the need to grow up is here.
I've had my immaturity since I've been playing paintball. I've been a female dog on the forums, and  an ass in game, and I really think that myself and some others ought to stop messing about, and start helping the community in a more constructive way.

I go into a pub, and you see a couple of people, arguing about who is better. Who meddling cares? It's a game.. A game thats impossible to fully master, just enjoy yourself. If annoying people makes you have fun, go play runescape. Because this is what is killing this game.

Instead of raging the newbs, why dont you actually help them? Or at the very least, just ignore them.. If you really cant help talking to people in a bad way, just type this in the console and you'll eventually learn.

bind t quit
bind say quit

But still, I've been a female dog too many, if not everyone in the dp2 world. It's my turn to pay my debts back, and start a clean slate. But if I'm the only one doing, is it really worth it? Come on guys, especially you RoBbIe. We have had our tough times, always raging each other. But is it really worth it in the long run? Shall we just forget about this and just ignore each other? Or are we brave enough to actually pull our socks up, and handle the situation like men?

If we can be nice to the community, the community will stabilize. And we will get more people playing. We can't just stop being nasty in pubs, we have got to stop being nasty in matches too. It's getting a little pathetic watching everyone say “LOL” or some excrement like that. I think I've got used to admitting the fact someone is better than me, and I know I'll never be the best. But if I can help improve the community, I guess it'll help me sleep better at night.

So, us pub and match ragers – are we ready to step up to the mark, and be mature? Lets do this and help Digital Paint grow.

Kyuuchi is not a lil' man anymore. He is a big boy.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 10:20:48 AM by Kyuuchi »

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
Re: Lets grow up.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 08:46:15 PM »
+1 for posting this and trying to help the community. You've come a long way, young grasshopper. IMO, what makes this community over-prone to start flaming each other, is the fact that a lot of us can't take criticism. That's one thing everyone can learn to change.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:42:50 PM »
You saying your grown up, doesnt mean you are, So what you think you can act mature after being immature the other days. Sorry kid it doesnt work that way. Now if you can i would be glad if you prove me wrong but i do not try to "fight" with anyone. Its the people that take this forum to serious is what kills this game..

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 10:25:06 PM »
well we can't grow down

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 11:49:22 PM »
You saying your grown up, doesnt mean you are, So what you think you can act mature after being immature the other days. Sorry kid it doesnt work that way. Now if you can i would be glad if you prove me wrong but i do not try to "fight" with anyone. Its the people that take this forum to serious is what kills this game..

I like how you have been calling everyone 'kid' lately. Seeing as most of the people here are most likely older then you.

Also, if people don't take the forums seriously, how are people ever going to get helped? For me, the forums are about helping others out and developing the game.

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 12:48:10 AM »
A good thing to add is the thread Cameron made a while back: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=17477.0

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 01:19:32 AM »
A good thing to add is the thread Cameron made a while back: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=17477.0
I knew that would come back some way or another :P.  A great thread for Robbie to read would be that.  Change your attitude bro, it changed into a piece of excrement, which it is now, go back to a nice person (notice i didn't say kid :P) and respect people.

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 01:32:52 AM »
Can somebody just take him off the forums. All of his posts are either rubbish or flaming others.

Btw Kyuuchi, do you still hate me? =]

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 01:50:16 AM »
The problem is, even now, some people are still not willing to change. If I can stop, I'm sure everyone else can.

Sherman, nah. :P

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 01:56:21 AM »
What if you can't stop?

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 01:57:56 AM »
Then perhaps they need help. Maybe if we stop acting like idiots on forums and ingaame, then we can get 10 more people in a month who really like paintball. And that'd be good. ;)

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 04:43:09 AM »

made my day

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 08:13:57 PM »
The problem is, even now, some people are still not willing to change. If I can stop, I'm sure everyone else can.

Sherman, nah. :P

What if people like being different :) Its not prison i am here to have fun, not to follow orders and be nice 24/7

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 12:37:57 AM »
Your attitude towards particular things has changed Robbie.  Yes there are complete dipexcrements like I stated that just don't learn and get flamed at anyway, but in nice threads, you speak proper english, and have a nice attitude.  Be ridiculous in any other crappy thread you want, but in a thread where the environment is discussion, maybe like this, theres no need for female dogyness.

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 08:15:21 AM »
Couldn't have said it better myself, kyuuchi. There have been constant feuds over bs things and it starts to get really annoying! Also another thing you could've included in your post is that sometimes newbies go and start a fight with people who are better than them. Yesterday, I was in Arctic^ Jump and right when I came in someone with the name im not going to say but you can all probably guess under the name inC says randomly, "Pheeks your bad." Sometimes people just need to grow up.
What if people like being different :) Its not prison i am here to have fun, not to follow orders and be nice 24/7
And Robbie:
Your form of fun is trying to pick a fight with others? You're like a little yorkie dog lol. Your one mindset is "I'm gunna kill you before you kill me." (I learned that in puppy school with my dog, there was a lil yorkie who was barking so much and it got really annoying).

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 08:21:06 AM »
I'm just ignoring every abusive comment I get in pubs. It's that simple. Yeah, but if nobody replies to the people raging, they will get bored and stop. Eventually...

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 08:27:05 AM »
That's a great idea, when they insult you, they like to get a negative reaction, but when you don't give a reaction back, they will eventually stop because you are not giving them what they want.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 08:37:57 AM »
Cooshi is big boy! Do you heve big muscles? :)

Who's inC, he also told me I suck and stuff like that, it's nice coming from someone who hangs around in pubs 24/7 with bad score and trying to strafe. (Just a last rage before I change my attitude)

I'm just ignoring every abusive comment I get in pubs. It's that simple. Yeah, but if nobody replies to the people raging, they will get bored and stop. Eventually...
That is not quite true, but just for ignoring people in pubs and not answering back, means you are a nicer person than the other (in-game ofc, can't judge anyone by their behavior in a game)

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 09:13:32 AM »
All you KIDS hush up.

AsThor

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 09:44:13 AM »
bind z ignore all