Author Topic: Editing The Game  (Read 5725 times)

kNoC

• 68 Carbine
Editing The Game
« on: March 09, 2006, 08:26:56 AM »
I did a few minor tweaks and what not to Digital Paintball2 Build016, like i added and edited alot of menus....i didnt make a log file which i prolly should of for people to easily see what i changed. but i took out the console menu on the "main" menu and put in a "forums" menu and it gives you the link to here. Also added a "Pure Skillz" menu and it says my clan memberz and says Edited by ]pS[kNoC.....i guess what i could do is take a screen shot of everything i changed....soem of them are just funny...like Network Speed i changed to Speed Of Yo excrement....and i took out alot of the resolutions and refresh rates...specifally for this monitor....like i kept 800x600x85 and 1024x768x120......just being bored and some of this is fairly easy, i guess lining them up would be the hardest, 1 im having trouble with is the scores. Because the Caps and the Time are together like this "CTime" and i changed it to "C Time" but all the numbers didnt line up, and i couldnt find out exactly what values to change....but i think dat would be a nice tweak....no graphical tweaks though, im not that good just minor changes...ill make a visual log later...like taking screen shots of before and after....

twistdid

• VM-68
Re: Editing The Game
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 04:55:02 PM »
how u like these

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 04:23:09 PM »
Twistdid, thats pretty cool.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 04:44:12 PM »
Just for reference, if you want to prevent your changes from being overwritten by new versions, create a subdirectory in the menus folder, for example, "mylanguage", then put your modified menus in that directory and set cl_language to that folder name (seta cl_language "mylanguage").  Then, the menus will load out of that directory if they exist instead of the main "menus" directory, and when you install new versions, the menu files that get overwritten won't be your own.

twistdid

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 08:43:39 PM »
yea im setting my hole game like tht all the settings n configs. n i made some new docs. in the menu file n have some swt stuff some stuff i dont no how 2 do yet but ill find out how 2 sooner or later

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 09:22:27 PM »
heh the only change ive made to the game is adding a fun name menu into the in-game main menu. Then i can change it easily.

twistdid

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 11:57:16 PM »
uh at my school i have all class 2 do this testout crap its a program tht teaches us but it sux n i just play games all day n i have been doin alot of excrement there with it. n i was wondering if it would b possible for me 2 make a login screen come up at the beggining when i open paintball so ppl cant mess with my stuff and do other stuff. i can make the screen come up n i made it say login but i cant get it 2 work rite cuz i used the menu admin_login file to start off from but i cant figure out what to do about it excepting a password cuz u cant use login "password" becuz u have 2 have to be in a game 2 use the login command. n i was wondering if it would b possible?

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 12:10:17 AM »
its probly possible im guessing ;P, wait for jit

twistdid

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 01:09:29 AM »
is it possible 2 change the backround textures?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 01:35:59 AM »
Yes, but could you please type in English?  AOL talk makes you look like an idiot.  The in-game menus have different background images.  Take a look at those.  Creating a login isn't really possible to do securely, as the game isn't designed for that.  The best you could do would be something clever like have a login prompt, then use the value typed in to load a menu or something.  If you don't want people to mess with your settings, you can always save a backup of your config.

twistdid

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 08:16:17 AM »
ok i didnt think that you could make a login screen. ill just make the backup. and thank you for tellin me where the other textures are.

kNoC

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 08:59:33 AM »
yeah i was wondering the same, on changing the background image in the main menu, its kewl and all, no complaints, just want to tweak it up a bit, seems to be farely easy, and its cool to see what comes out of it....i made a log on what i did, if any1 is interested

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 11:39:15 AM »
uh at my school i have all class 2 do this testout crap its a program tht teaches us but it sux n i just play games all day n i have been doin alot of excrement there with it. n i was wondering if it would b possible for me 2 make a login screen come up at the beggining when i open paintball so ppl cant mess with my stuff and do other stuff. i can make the screen come up n i made it say login but i cant get it 2 work rite cuz i used the menu admin_login file to start off from but i cant figure out what to do about it excepting a password cuz u cant use login "password" becuz u have 2 have to be in a game 2 use the login command. n i was wondering if it would b possible?

I dont mean to sound like an a$$ but maybe you need to start paying attention more in school.

If you want to start being taken seriously, start making posts using proper grammer.

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 11:43:13 PM »
it's 'grammar'

kNoC

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006, 05:31:15 AM »
calm down, as long as u can understand people enough, without thinking to hard i think youll be alright

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006, 07:58:28 AM »
kNoC he just wants to give you some help. He wants to say that you wont really be "respected" like an intelligent guy when you type like that. You will seem to some like an analphabet, which you arent i think? ;)

kNoC

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 08:09:09 AM »
1st off, your sentences are darn near gibberish, and he wasnt talking to me, he was speaking and directing his comments towards twistid, please read all the posts corresponding to that one before you pass judgement

thank you

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 08:11:17 AM »
bah, everyone should just use paragraphs instead of ... and it'll be all good.

twistdid

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 01:43:58 PM »
gah my typing seems to make alot of people mad for some reason i mean its not like ur gonna get a hernia by reading my typing and actually i get straight A's so you cant say i need to get an education bcuz apperntly i have one and secondly i use good grammar while talking but i type alot different than i talk

kNoC

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2006, 07:04:10 PM »
how do u edit error messages from digital paintball?
because my colormap.pcx file is messed up so i took it out and tried to load dp and i got an error (which i knew id get) and it said

" Couldnt load pics/colormap.pcx
Please make sure the gameis installed properly.
View the documentation on digitalpaint.org for more datails. "

See (gameis) needs a space, id add the space but dont know where thats located....