Author Topic: Build 28  (Read 20879 times)

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
Re: Build 28
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2009, 04:17:24 AM »
At the moment i have only one problem with paintball . .. when your in the heat of battle, maybe a 1 on 1 situation your firing away , and then your gun JAMS/Freezes ! . it is incredible annyouing and theres nothing u can do except try and run away , but that never works and they just shoot you in the back -- i think gun freezing/jamming should be taken away from future releases as it is out of your control and often ruins a good match/fight/1on1 . --- PS build 28 is great ! keep up the good work ! :D -- thx

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2009, 04:39:17 AM »
At the moment i have only one problem with paintball . .. when your in the heat of battle, maybe a 1 on 1 situation your firing away , and then your gun JAMS/Freezes ! . it is incredible annyouing and theres nothing u can do except try and run away , but that never works and they just shoot you in the back -- i think gun freezing/jamming should be taken away from future releases as it is out of your control and often ruins a good match/fight/1on1 . --- PS build 28 is great ! keep up the good work ! :D -- thx

Just a Server Setting

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 04:09:30 AM »
ohh... but even so cant it be taken away because surely its just a setting in the game that u can alter?
thx

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2009, 09:56:53 AM »
learn to aim :)

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2009, 06:28:27 PM »
haha, well it's a setting that the server admin sets that most servers have off anyway. I know for a fact that the tDD pub has it on and it annoys most people because it feels like you're about to get someone when... darn

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2009, 06:15:21 AM »
We have it on and our server is full. It can't be so bad...

The only thing u need to play with it very nice is a little little bit more tactic. U can't run around and spray through the whole map.

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2009, 11:29:06 AM »
yeh thats true it does stop people pointlessy spraying paintballs everywhere which is also annyouing - so its a choice between the two -- ps boonlander my aim is gud, most likely better than urs so its not that --  :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2009, 10:43:37 AM »
Given the feedback on the metal sounds, I've made some alternative metal footstep sounds.

http://digitalpaint.epicfail.us/files/build28altmetalfootsteps1.zip

Extract to your paintball2 directory and give feedback, please.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2009, 12:24:24 PM »
Given the feedback on the metal sounds, I've made some alternative metal footstep sounds.

http://digitalpaint.epicfail.us/files/build28altmetalfootsteps1.zip

Extract to your paintball2 directory and give feedback, please.

We want a Linux Server Version ;D

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2009, 12:27:05 PM »
It sounds completely different with them. More like the default footstep, but it sounds more suitable ingame.
Maybe u should keep the "old" sounds for other metal in the future.

What's about the linux server pretest file? :P

EDIT:
The game sometimes kick a random player if i write "kck playername" in the console.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 01:49:54 PM by T3RR0R15T »

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2009, 04:03:56 PM »
EDIT:
The game sometimes kick a random player if i write "kck playername" in the console.

That's a feature since build 1 :D  Well, I only know since build8 ^^

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2009, 05:28:25 PM »
It sounds completely different with them. More like the default footstep, but it sounds more suitable ingame.
Maybe u should keep the "old" sounds for other metal in the future.

What's about the linux server pretest file? :P

EDIT:
The thick metal footsteps are the default footsteps with metal sound mixed in.  I reduced the metal significantly - maybe too much?

I've been slacking off on the linux stuff.  My laptop has been turned on with linux booted for the past couple weeks or so.  I just haven't gotten around to finishing it.

"kck" requires a player number.  If you specify something other than a number, it gets converted to "0", and thus kicks the player in the first slot on the server.  If I ever get context (right-click) menus on the scoreboard, that will be a trivial issue to avoid.  You can also use the remote admin menu.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2009, 12:53:13 AM »
I just delete all metal sounds. Everything works well but im missing a good resolution for my 24 inch monitor.
I still wanna see the taskbar while playing.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2009, 10:15:53 AM »
The thick metal footsteps are the default footsteps with metal sound mixed in.  I reduced the metal significantly - maybe too much?

Good, can u make another sound pack with a little bit more metal?

"kck" requires a player number.  If you specify something other than a number, it gets converted to "0", and thus kicks the player in the first slot on the server.  If I ever get context (right-click) menus on the scoreboard, that will be a trivial issue to avoid.  You can also use the remote admin menu.

I dont use it, but someone said it to me.
It looks like that command is in one of ur closed scource files. Maybe u can add a check for a number. If it is no int value, do nothing.
Maybe u can split the closed scource files. A lot of things from the feature vote list are in or with it and at the moment nobody can help u very much.
Btn: I have a "light" version from the feature 10215, but i have to find a way to make a cvar external write protected and internal not. And u must help me with the serverbrowser for another thing. I'll write u about that in the next days :P
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 11:36:19 AM by T3RR0R15T »

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2009, 11:48:47 AM »
The new thin metal sounds are pleasing to the ear. You should use these.
And maybe leave the old ones for the barrels, but also make them 0.9 in volume or something..

The new thick metal sounds are too similar to the asphalt sounds. So, keep the old ones. Or make the new ones more metallic.

I hope I'm not going out of line now, but..

Requests for future builds
10008 Remove Player Model in First-Person Chasecam
10212 Visual Guide Points for Strafe Jumping

I'd love to see these two being implemented.. :O
And maybe left click to go into camera, jump to get out?

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2009, 02:33:35 AM »
I just delete all metal sounds. Everything works well but im missing a good resolution for my 24 inch monitor.
I still wanna see the taskbar while playing.

On the monitor instruction manual it will say suggested resolutions - or use the resolution windows is at.

I think there should be an auto-detect resolution for full-screen mode (i.e. the one that windows is running at) just to help people along who are still stuck with an 800x600 resolution when they are playing on a full-cinema HD monitor :D

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2009, 01:47:27 PM »
Please a Server Build ;d

yossarianuk

• VM-68
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2009, 06:11:24 AM »
Also waiting for Linux version - in my case for the client as well as server.

This game is low spec enough to work on the cheap linux netbooks coming out ..

Jitspoe if you still need assistance with Linux feel free to message me.

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2009, 05:10:43 PM »
I don't know if it's just my computer, but when I shoot a carbine, after the shot sound, there's this *ping* noise. If you are aware of this, please fix it. It is annoying me a LOT. Thanks :)

Bono

• VM-68
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2009, 04:18:47 AM »
When can we expect new version? Build 28 have one annoying me bug, which is impossible to change the files in the folder "pics" (I create my menus. - Some Screens)