Author Topic: Graffiti Servers  (Read 5011 times)

AgentSmith

• VM-68
Graffiti Servers
« on: March 12, 2006, 12:20:21 PM »
Hi ppl,

DO you know if anything happened to the graffiti servers?

At first I had a normal ping or 150-200 (cause Im from germany...) but then I wanst online for 1 or 2 days, and my Ping jumped up to about 400 now, but with the other servers my Ping didnt change like it did with graff. servers,

Any1 here has same problem or can any1 tell me how to fix that (If thats possible:D ) ?

SkateR

• Autococker
Re: Graffiti Servers
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 12:27:03 PM »
Dont use build16 on GT servers.

AgentSmith

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 01:46:08 PM »
lol and why does build 16 change Ping?!

Derrek

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 06:15:56 PM »
Ive been getting complaints that the graf servers are sucking....and for that matter, all build 16 servers.  I verified that the people that are complaining are using build 16 client as well.

Lots of 'glitchyness' and getting tripped, etc.  Not sure how to explain it, but there is deffinitly issues witht he new build.

NOTHING has changed on the server, except the build it self.  Im tempted to revert back to the old build due to the issues.

and...for that matter...why are there servers that are reporting 141, 142...while the current build is 140???  Did these servers modify the code since the original build 16 release?

I am encouraging people to report their server issues they have encountered since build 16.   PLEASE!!! only report issues with build 16 servers IF you are using build 16 client.

BeViS

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 06:26:39 PM »
i have been getting "BAD" LAG and i had have been getting ping like 110 to 89. When the new build came out i was experianceing bad lag sence GT servers had changed to build 16 so i have been wanting GT to change it back but they won't because certian reasons...... so please someone else pespong to GT's server poasts...Thank You [GT]BeviS

Derrek

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 06:34:39 PM »
server is reporting connect times as: 03375.  There is one bug.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 07:10:55 PM »
I too have experience numerous glitches and witnessed very odd game performance issues daily while using build 16 that I had not previously had issues with or witnessed.  Texture glitches in several maps like white, grey and solid black walls flashing randomly in certain maps.  I've witnessed a large increase in players "Warping" as if they had a 800 ping but are usually pinging between 120 - 250.  Many players being kicked randomly for "time descrepency". Getting stuck to objects more often than ever before like ladders, barrels, crates ect...  And almost all the time there is a jerkyness to the game that is similar to when a person would have their rate set too low on Quake 2...

It simply does not play as stable as some of the previous builds before it seemed too.

PiCaSSo

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 07:46:56 PM »
So far build 16 has been perfectly smooth for me, even on high pinging servers (though I haven't played on them much).  I played on graffiti for about 2 hours straight last night and did not encounter a single trip or glitchy movement.  It was fairly frequent in build 14, though (even running the game locally).  I would appreciate it if people having these issues could record some demos as well as keep an eye on their ping and netgraph for packetloss and keep track of which server it's on.  I've noticed some people are still using build 14, so there will naturally be complaints from them.  You might consider setting sv_minclientbuild to 16 to filter out those complaints as they could be blowing the issue out of propotion (plus it will force people to give feedback on build 16 so it can be improved in future versions).

Increased warping might be due to older machines not being able to handle the new player models and reflective water.  Those might also be what some of the other complaints are about -- people not able to distinguish between network lag and poor framerates.  People using different builds than the server will also likely cause warping issues.

I still need to work on making the time discrepancy check able to decipher between lost packets and hacked clocks (speed cheats).  It can be tweaked with sv_enforcetime, though.  Setting it to 0 will disable the check completely.

BeviS: What client are you using?

As for the server builds, 140 is the official release, 141 is the patch for non-sse servers (non-sse servers can cause the lag and tripping you've described, so if you're playing on a 141 server, that might be the reason -- nothing I can do about that, the math is just different).  142 had some special cvars added for pbcup, but nothing that changes gameplay.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 05:37:36 PM »
During the match yesterday someone in XB (Oj I belive) got kicked for a time discrepancy and blamed on this build16 which there is a demo of 2nd round.

Plus i "trip" every so often. One of which was during the match 1st round

This past month I have been pjed numerous times at 30 ping? I guess I will start demoing   
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 10:01:01 PM by loial21 »

Derrek

• Stingray
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 11:55:53 PM »
I was the one that blamed build 16 for his kick during the match.  It was just a guess though, since it has only appeared since the new build.

GT servers have had 167 kicks for time discrepancy since build 16 was installed (actually since the last restart on March 23 across 8 servers....3 are used the most.)

19 of the players have been kicked more then once. The most kicks were [B2K] (18 kicks), newbie (13 kicks), wannabe (8 kicks), and Vato_Loco (6 kicks).  Most of the rest of the 19 are only 2-3 kicks.  So...what does this say?  are they hacking?....prolly not.  Most of it is due to lag issues.  In fact, there are several places in the logs that 5+ players were kicked in a row for this issue.

In total...there are 106 uniq player names that have had kicks for time discrepancy.

I have seen in the logs quite a few times of people asking why they were kicked for this.  Who are they going to blame? GT?     hmm...

Since build 16, how many uniq IPs have made it to the Global Ban List?   Should the masses suffer for the sins of the few? (I may be speaking out of turn, but...Im not sure how many uinq IPs have been banned so far.)

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 07:42:56 AM »
I've made a point to ask those that are warping, freezing up, pjacking, or skipping frames if they have their reflective water setting turned off and what build they are using.  ALL of them including myself are using build 16.  Yesterday I was in a game with another user and we kept getting pjacks and frame skipping.  We both experienced it at the exact same time repeatedly several times throughout 30 minutes of playing.  I see this all the time and have never heard more complaints about another build.  I assure you I have plenty of system to run this game so I know that is NOT the problem.

I must also say that these things are not always happening... Sometimes my game runs very smooth as well and periods of time will go by where there might not be a complaint from anyone for 30 minutes but IMO the issues and complaints have risen drastically...

I will try to get some demos

PiCaSSo

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 12:16:50 PM »
Derrek: Just set sv_enforcetime to 0.

PiCaSSo: That sounds like a problem with the server, or the connection to it.  I doubt it has anything to do with build 16.  What server were you playing on, and what did your netgraph look like?

I played for a while on the highest pinged server I could find, and even at 200ms, it was still perfectly smooth for me.  I just had to lead people by about 50 feet to hit them.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 07:49:29 PM »
Jitspoe,

Here is my first demo of lagging. Keep in mind Taco did not think it was your build but I assume he is using it. Notice his ping, never spikes.

I cant post a demo???? HElp.. ZIP it?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 09:10:38 PM »
Yeah, you have to zip it. Or post it somewhere else.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 09:19:40 PM »
Well since Graffiti Servers were updated I mostly play on them and occasionally the EV1 servers...  Graffiti Servers to answer your question but today I played on EV1 servers and experienced some skipped frames and repeated frames also for the first time, all day today I have experienced longer than normal game load times.. up to 20 seconds.  I have NOT changed anything on my PC nor my game settings and this happened on Graffiti and EV1 servers and when the game finally loaded I could see my ping which was where it was supposed to be.  That ruled out a lag issue I think.  Today I haven't experienced any lag issues, just more game issues.

PiCaSSo

P.S. The spell checker is not working for me.  I get this error:

Line: 43
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0
URL: http://dpball.com/forumsindex.php?action=spellcheck

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2006, 05:33:51 PM »
I use build 16 on every server when I do play.
and my normal ping jumps around 80-95.
Depends on server location.

-Termin8oR

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2006, 07:37:29 PM »
Zip not working.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 01:11:50 PM »
Ping does not rule out packet loss.  You can have a low ping and still lose packets.  Type "netgraph 1" at the console to see a graph of ping times and packet loss.  I have keys bound to enable/disable the netgraph so it's easier to see what's going on if I lag.

loial: Try using rapidshare or something.  Sometimes the forums are funny about attachments.  I don't know why.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 02:55:16 PM »
Do you need netgraph1 on always on demo's to help. Honestly the games runs smooth, what causes PJ to the point where I have to reconenct (besides ISP which is easy to blame) considering I never have any down time outside this game?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2006, 04:20:31 PM »
netgraph 1 won't work for demos.  You have to look at the netgraph while you're actually playing on the server.  As for what causes PJ's, well, it can be anything between (and including) your computer and the computer running the server.  There are a lot of hubs/switches/routers/etc. your packets have to go through.