Author Topic: activating spawn points?  (Read 1702 times)

SubZero

• PGP
activating spawn points?
« on: August 28, 2009, 03:07:52 AM »
I was just wondering if there is a feature in bsp where u can activate a spawn point for example when doing a seige map and your running to get the flag and bring it back can u activate a spawn point so your team mates spawn there also sort of like a check point BTW if your wondering i do have an idea for this and it would be awsome if it worked but i wana know if it does, can any1 help me?

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: activating spawn points?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 05:15:42 PM »
I'm no mapper, but I know you can make a jail, and have a trigger to release people from jail.  Not sure if that is what you want though.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 08:11:14 PM »
For a checkpoint, the closest thing you could ever do is to put a button-unlockable spawn room where you want your checkpoint. To prevent people from getting trapped in it earlier, you could teleport them back to the original spawn.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 09:56:37 AM »
I made a hacky test based on musik's idea.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 10:55:28 AM »
Hehe... this is something I once explored...
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=7920.0

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 11:10:05 AM »
Wow, I'm suprised it works so well. I'm looking at the .map file right now, and honestly, I have no clue how you did it.

EDIT: Hm, I found out the basics of how it works. Its pretty ingenious, but what if that original spawn was a well-used path? Is there a way without simply blocking it off?

SubZero

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 06:39:11 PM »
thanks guys for all the great ideas i wanted to go for a pearharbor kind of map called beachDead where u rush up the beach off the landers and head towards the other base using ditches where the other team can fire at you from above and shoot you along your journey to the flag in there base then escape again to the beaches for this i was wondering if u can make a door sensitive to paintballs for example shooting 500 paintballs at a door to make it open getting past that check point opening up another spawn point and getting through to cap the flag i know this is a farfeched idea but i want to make a map of this nature it would be a team based map so you HAVE to work together