Author Topic: Nub and Skitzo's new match scene idea!  (Read 3052 times)

skitzo

• Autococker
Nub and Skitzo's new match scene idea!
« on: September 04, 2009, 02:08:45 PM »
YO WAZZZZ UP black personS its me Nub. Coming at you with some more stupid Ideas.
That you'll probably never try anyway but here it is.
Matching has been the same for the past 10 effin years. Lets mixxx things up a lil bit.
-12 min games.  6 minute halves.
-Chase Team Only.
-1 map agreed on from a pool of 10 OFFICIALLY DECIDED maps
-First one up to 30 wins.
-You would switch teams at half to insure no color advantage whether it be map structure or just a general color blending advantage.

Send your thoughts and ideas to Nub at #channel_4

idias

• Autococker
Re: Nub and Skitzo's new match scene idea!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 02:53:13 PM »
I don't think that any of these ideas should be implemented or even if they should they would be hard to.

1) 12 minutes isn't enough time, that would make winning team just secure the base, and wouldn't give the other team enough time to get some points.
2) Recon is a part of this game.
3) Each team playing their maps is a better idea, since winning just one map shouldn't win winning a entire match. Besides the idea your using it's the one that people use for tie, suggesting some maps, and than both teams agree on one.
4) Remember that in 2flag maps the caps are from 8-12 (ussually), soo the map would be over too fast.
5) The idea is actually good, but I doubt people would actually do it.

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 04:55:46 PM »
I don't think that any of these ideas should be implemented or even if they should they would be hard to.

1) 12 minutes isn't enough time, that would make winning team just secure the base, and wouldn't give the other team enough time to get some points.
3) Each team playing their maps is a better idea, since winning just one map shouldn't win winning a entire match. Besides the idea your using it's the one that people use for tie, suggesting some maps, and than both teams agree on one.
4) Remember that in 2flag maps the caps are from 8-12 (ussually), soo the map would be over too fast.

4. Castle1 (15)
6. So we could delete all these maps which isnt in that mappool. More Space for our hard disks!

Maybe wiil get more ideas like that...
maybe we should change the ballspeed to a half, or we should change the guntemp to 400, so that we just have 1 shot, and then we would rise the numbers of paintgrenades to 10 ?

Cmon, you idea is just bullshi.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 05:36:03 PM »
Wow its just an suggestion, dont gotta be an ass.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 06:30:54 PM »

Just a question for you.... How would you know any of these opinions you just stated would be correct? Seeing as noone in the match scene would like to even try any of the slightest modification of settings for any of the matches. Hell you could make it 19 minutes instead of 20 per map and people would female dog about it.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 09:16:37 PM »
What I would love to see implemented in matching is:
FF on
Guntemp on
Chase team only.

Make it more fun and less predictable.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 12:48:26 AM »
 OTB started with guntemp, thats good enough. Maybe in some time they can force FF as well. Both would reduce random sprays, where players are just holding the button.

All this discussion is really useless. Jitspoe could just force the settings. He wouldnt do such a drastic thing? He forces new models in build 28, he changed ballspeed (for no meddling reason).

Official maplist is a great idea too. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to do it by now. To get those maps into official release you would need map makers permission, but this game is 11 years old, some of the good maps were made by guys who probably have forgot this game... And you said you would want 10 maps in the list. Not good. DPs maps are not so 'interesting' that you would play the same 10 maps over and over again. I think you need at least like 30 CTF maps. This number is probably what current pubs/match servers are playing. Of course, if that map list could be set, then it is only a huge + to dp. Jits, or whoever he assignes, can modify the maps to make them look good and even do some gameplay changes.

Hah, I'll just say that I'm happy with only guntemp and friendly fire :))

Is that constructive, nazijizi?

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 04:51:20 AM »
What I would love to see implemented in matching is:
FF on
Guntemp on
Chase team only.

Make it more fun and less predictable.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=16684.msg162773

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 11:14:19 AM »
-You would switch teams at half to insure no color advantage whether it be map structure or just a general color blending advantage.

This idea is pretty cool! But I don't think that players would do it. :/

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 11:17:42 AM »
This idea is pretty cool! But I don't think that players would do it. :/

of course not, nobody's going to try any of these just because the match scene can't try new methods of matching.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 11:32:02 AM »
http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10215

Other server admins must follow us with the guntemp setting (default: 11) now.

At the moment i see no chance to turn on FF on the speed server. We need a respawn protection or something like this before. I personally don't like it too. Maybe we can test it on our beta server. We only need some people which play on it :P

I'm happy that the first autobalance setting comes with build 28. We will see how much different settings we will get with the time.
What we really need is something against respawn killers, everything else can come after that :P

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 12:54:34 PM »
no this isn't for pub servers, the FF would be set on match sevrers not things like your speed server, FF on a speed server would just be disaster -.-

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2009, 08:30:38 PM »
I SERIOUSLY think that caps should only be allowed if only one team is carrying the flags.

I mean, that would completely change gameplay (for the better) so people cant win an entire match without firing a shot.

nook

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 08:28:16 AM »
 i like the idea +1