Author Topic: How to make my map .bsp ?  (Read 6533 times)

harrypotter

• PGP
How to make my map .bsp ?
« on: September 07, 2009, 10:00:20 AM »
I am now makin my map, but when i press save, there is only the .map file but for playing i need the .bsp file.

My Problems are too, how to make a sky.

So if anyone knows hot to... please post

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
Re: How to make my map .bsp ?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 10:14:39 AM »
To make a sky, go to the entities window, and press the "+", in the Format type in "sky" and then in the value box, type in "pbsky2" Thats for a basic sunny sky.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 10:14:53 AM »
Save ur map and then go to "Export" and "Final compile". When it is done, u have the bsp file. Sometimes it needs a few more minutes or hours.

harrypotter

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 12:03:31 PM »
I done this but when i press final compatible there comes: cant find maps/inprogress/mymap.bsp

Here is a screenshot:

I dont know too how i can put in teams and the matchart like deathmatch.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 12:11:56 PM »
Do u edited the files (see the readme file)?

Why u removed the mapname? Everybody can see the name is something like "Henimap".

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 12:21:03 PM »
I am now makin my map, but when i press save, there is only the .map file but for playing i need the .bsp file.

My Problems are too, how to make a sky.

So if anyone knows hot to... please post

For quick testing use qbsp.bat, when testing lights qbspfastvisrad.bat and when you're going to release beta/whatever then use finalcompile.
Easiest way to make sky is to use one of the sky textures and then do what Kyuuchi said.
And the blue box is the box where you can edit your groups. Learn to use it and it'll make your mapping a lot easier

harrypotter

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 01:01:08 PM »
Hi
my importants problems are how to make teams and how to make a spawn point.
i make some pictures of my problems:

PLEASE HELP MEEEE

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 01:26:42 PM »
In the entities window, (the one that appears and disappears if you repeatedly press E), inside the dropdown menu, find info_player_deathmatch. Then, click "Make Entity". Position the newly appeared box where you want your spawn point, and you're done.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 02:48:23 PM »
That inprogress thing is an issue that took me a while to figure out.  Open up My Computer and go to the Paintball2 directory where you installed it, then go thru these folders: Paintball2/pball/maps.  Once you are there, locate the inprogress file or whatever it actually is, delete it, and make a new folder called inprogress.  Export your map and you should be able to play it.

harrypotter

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 05:45:31 AM »
yea it works but now its deathmatch but i want red and pruple teams... how to make  this?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 06:28:19 AM »
Stop.

Have you read ANY of the tutorials posted on this forum?

Have you used search?

Sorry,. but every single question that you have asked can be found by READING and SEARCHING.

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 11:00:37 AM »
IM seem to be having the same problem i make a map save it. it saves a copy as .map but not bsp. i export and its says no such file name or diretory.. here ....

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 11:07:58 AM »
The map is fairly simple (because its in very early stages) and large but it shud still work i have tried lots of things and none seem to work wat is weird is that wen i make a smaller map it seems to be ok .... until .. i make a reli small map about the size of shock - wen i make a map this size and export it and play on it everything is black -- this is why i fort it mite be a size issue,- any ideas?. pls help, i have made at least 20 test maps that have all been medium size and i hav worked fine soo i cant seem to understand what is goin wrong now. and yes i havent read all the tutorials yet but seeing as this topic related exactly to my problem i fort i wud post it here to see if anyone can help me rather than me spending ages trying to find a tutorial/topic that realtes to my problem

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 11:35:02 AM »
 You have to keep your map inside those purple lines. <deleted insults here>

Do some grammar edits. Not going to read your second post. <more insults were here>

Edit 1: removed insults
Edit 2:Read the tutorials before asking any further questions.
Edit 3:Do not make a shazam remake.
Edit 4:Delete BSP

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 12:43:26 PM »
Make sure all your brushes are INSIDE the purple/pink box in BSP. Also, make sure you don't have a leak.
Sometimes, you will need to export twice in order for the compiling to work. If you haven't added any lighting, but would like to test your map, do a qbsp.bat compile.

Edit 4:Delete BSP

Seriously, if you insist on posting your comments, don't discourage him from mapping. You're doing the exact OPPOSITE of what xmapcom is doing, and thats demoting the mapping aspect of PB. If people like you kept on insulting and turning people away from mapping, you'll be stuck with maps like Shazam33, etc forever, because there will simply be no one willing to map.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 04:11:47 PM »
blaa is just a little man with a lot of anger, you learn to ignore him fairly quickly.

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 12:46:06 AM »
Yeh I have given up in listening to blaa (first time i spoke to him i was insulted so i dont bother any more ). but thx anyways guys thats reli useful - ps i'm still goin to remake shazam because it still could be made even better, if you have any suggestions for the map pls feel free to email me at superleighton@live.co.uk and i will try and fit your ideas into the map. thx  :)

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 10:01:29 AM »
OH and because i am remaking an old map do i need permission because i am starting from scratch. ?

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 10:23:44 AM »
Please don't remake shazam's. 3 is enough, make some unique master piece, you will be a lot better mapper and the map will propably be more played.

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 10:29:49 AM »
but jeejee its not reli a remake its just based on shazam - its got two bridges for starters. i love shazam but feel it not complete somehow so i wanted to do my own version. i dont know how tis goin to look at the moment because im nott reli sure and i'm looking for ideas for other players. i have already made about twenty maps aND shown my most recent one to dannie who liked it but it wasnt great but the idea is there. i have another idea for a map and have even drawn it out but i hav always wanted to remake shazam... and im sry but im goin to, danniie suggested some gud ideas to me but i need some more. thx