Author Topic: few questions  (Read 2135 times)

sonicx059

• PGP
few questions
« on: September 10, 2009, 02:05:31 PM »
I was wondering what were the maps everyone is playing on nowadays? Need to brush on my skills on the popular maps.  Also is there anyone running ubuntu 9.04 looking for help with a few things....

vLaD

• Autococker
Re: few questions
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 09:13:18 PM »
i am running ubuntu. i am somewhat decent on it.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 04:34:25 AM »
pbcup_pforest pbcup_renoir <3

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 10:55:25 AM »
Are you making a server? If you want to draw in the public crowd I would suggest using maps that the pub players like and not the match maps all the clans like. Most pub players find it annoying when they can not keep up with learned players on these large maps. Renior and forest are good examples of maps that are fun to play but drive away the non clan scene groups. Stick with easier maps that level the playing field for the average pub players. You should also look at giving a few people a low level login so if there are a few players in the server that want a tougher map then it can be changed (use your head here and don't give a pass to people you don't trust). As long as there is some maps like airtime3, shazz22-33, and shock it will draw quite a few people.

wizzi

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 10:57:44 AM »
he didnt say he wanted to make a server.

He said he wants to get better at the popular pub maps. just to annoy the noobs :)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 11:44:27 AM »
It was the reference to ubuntu that made me start my reply with "Are you making a server?" Hence the rest of the reply. If he isn't making a server then I would assume he would just disregard the whole post after reading the first line.

Just for Sonicx,

Most are playing twiling, pforeset,  and few other new maps (most of them are not very good imo but there are a few gems.) The rest are still playing the same maps they were when you left.

sonicx059

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 03:30:36 AM »
i am running ubuntu. i am somewhat decent on it.
  I am dual booting.  So I wanted to know how would I go about installing it on ubuntu.  I want a clear understanding of how others went about doing it.

pbcup_pforest pbcup_renoir <3
Thanks for the information.

It was the reference to ubuntu that made me start my reply with "Are you making a server?" Hence the rest of the reply. If he isn't making a server then I would assume he would just disregard the whole post after reading the first line.

Just for Sonicx,

Most are playing twiling, pforeset,  and few other new maps (most of them are not very good imo but there are a few gems.) The rest are still playing the same maps they were when you left.
Thanks for the information.  Also the tips for a low level pass is something I should have done the first time I hosted a server. I will follow them this time if I ever get around to running one again.  Also it seems the old favorites are still around which is kinda a surprise for me. =) Shock, and the shazzams.  Not a big fan of Airtime 3 but when there's ice that is kinda fun.  This twiling is new to me so I must check it out as soon as possible.