Author Topic: .ent Creation Clinic  (Read 1234 times)

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
.ent Creation Clinic
« on: July 09, 2003, 01:28:05 PM »
Hi, would just like to let everyone know that I will be holding a clinic focusing on the creation of .ent files on Tuesday July, 15th at 7:00pm EST in #pbcup

.ent files are used on servers and allow server administrators to change some entities(guns, spawns, hoppers, barrels, co2) in terms of type and location.  This method has been used in the PBCup 2 vs 2 tournament to ensure exact guns for both colours, and on a few maps like arenaball and yoy where barrels were added.  I'm conducting this clinic in hopes to receive a little help with some aspects of a upcoming and because it is a useful tool at our expense, however unfortunately is left undocumented and only known by a few server admins.  Anyone can attend, the process which I will be teaching is not really difficult but some experience with mapping will be a great help.

I will put together a pack of assorted tools that will be available for download at the clinic.  Just show up on time, channel will be shortly after most people arrive.

Hope to see lots of people there!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: .ent Creation Clinic
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 02:58:22 PM »
.ent's were actually created in order to fix bugs with current maps so the ugly code hacks could be removed and new entities for currently unimplemented game modes (KOTH?) can easily be added without having to recompile the maps.  I hope this feature doesn't get abused (ie: all autocockers on maps).

Anrkist

• VM-68
Re: .ent Creation Clinic
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 03:05:09 AM »
DAVEW!