Author Topic: Need some help to recover my nickname  (Read 1516 times)

thoddler

• PGP
Need some help to recover my nickname
« on: October 21, 2009, 02:48:39 PM »
Hi!

For some months now I have been playing with the nick "thodd", just at shortform of my registered name. At the time, I didn't think about registering that too, until today when I was playing, and another player told me he had registered it to his account.

I realize it's my fault not to register it at soon as I started using it, so I'm just asking if it is any possibility that I can "have it back" anyway.

He told me it "was for fun", and perhaps it actually is for him...
Anyway, the player is "*brave*" (Player ID:   73120), which is also the name he uses while playing.

-thodd(ler)
(Player ID: 49510)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Need some help to recover my nickname
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 04:41:02 PM »
First come first serve IMO. I'm sure the rest of the committee will agree here. It sucks but what can we do? Maybe the novelty of messing with you will wear off and like must of us pub kids he will delete it one day to have room for more names.

thoddler

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 05:17:20 PM »
Oh well...just wanted to check if there was a standing policy about matters like these.
Just a bit annoying that a mediocre pub player is running around pretending to be me (not that I'm a pro, though). Guess I learned it the hard way.

JUICEY

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 05:20:46 PM »
Just wait till he deletes it and add it :)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 02:35:09 PM »
Oh well...just wanted to check if there was a standing policy about matters like these.
Just a bit annoying that a mediocre pub player is running around pretending to be me (not that I'm a pro, though). Guess I learned it the hard way.
Are you on IRC? If not you should search the forums and get on it. Maybe we can make you into a mediocre member of this society.

thoddler

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 04:23:57 PM »
Heh...I deserved that ;)
And no, I have yet to get my ass into IRC, but have thought about it. Apparantly, that's where all of the fun is!
I'll look into it.

Must be 13 years since I used mIRC the last time. Guess a lot has happened since then.