Author Topic: Explorer stopped working is getting old.  (Read 6009 times)

joox

• Stingray
Re: Explorer stopped working is getting old.
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 05:05:18 PM »
Which operating system are you running and under which service pack? What video card do you own and are you running the latest drivers. Does it crash in a specific map(s) or random maps? And what do you mean by crash? Does the application closes or does your system freezes to where it causes for you to reboot?

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 11:10:41 AM »
I am currently running Windows 7. I have no clue what service pack, if any, has came out for it. I just installed it and updated it. I found out that the memory dump was being caused by the extreme overclock I was at because my voltage was too low. I fixed that issue only to have the "pb2 has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution" crash. This is the same thing that was occurring in vista. I am running an ATI graphics card but I fail to see how that would cause the error since my other games run fine. I have a 4870 or 4890 (can't remember which) 1 gb ddr5 card. The error happens mostly when I start typing something but does it randomly as well.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 11:22:15 AM »

Faulting application name: paintball2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4b57e3bc
Faulting module name: testw.dat, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4b569766
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00004e66
Faulting process id: 0xd44
Faulting application start time: 0x01cac7799f0cf765
Faulting application path: C:\Games\Paintball2\paintball2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Games\Paintball2\pball\pics\testw.dat

ref_pbgl.dll      atioglxx.dll     testw.dat   are the three modules listed a s the ones faulting, with atioglxx.dll being the most numerous one.

Does this help?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 07:26:04 PM »
Yeah, that helps.  I got a similar crash on exit using the default Windows 7 drivers, but when I rebuilt in debug mode it didn't happen.  Maybe building with the new Visual Studio will fix it for the next version.

Of course, seeing as you have ATI drivers, that may be the cause as well.  They aren't exactly stable.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 08:35:11 AM »
Well,

I was yapping with Muggins one day and he told me a lot of the random crashing happens when the game is played in window'ed mode with ati drivers. I did a driver sweep and reinstalled new drivers, old drivers, random drivers and the best fix was just adjusting screen resolution and playing in full screen. I still crash but it just freezes then crashes with no error messages. Although this is annoying it only happens once or twic a day compared to every few minutes like the other problem. I'll keep tweaking settings and see what becomes stable.