Author Topic: HELP WITH SERVER  (Read 1267 times)

AMARon

• PGP
HELP WITH SERVER
« on: October 27, 2009, 12:18:04 PM »
Hi all, i need a help with this.

Press the END key, and add the following: " +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +exec myserver.cfg +map midnight" (without the quotes). Make sure there's a space between the "exe" and the "+set". Now just hit OK, doubleclick on the shortcut and it should start up. It'll pop up a window with something like "====== Paintball II Initialized ======". You can copy this shortcut into your start menu under start|programs|startup and it will run every time windows loads.

I don't undertand this part. When i klick on button END it goes on uninstall. How to add  +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +exec myserver.cfg +map midnight" (without the quotes).

PLEASE HELP!

Laged

• 68 Carbine
Re: HELP WITH SERVER
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 11:35:48 PM »
Maybe you should read the steps before that one:

Create a shortcut to paintball2.exe (right click and drag paintball2.exe to the desktop or wherever you want the shortcut to be, then select "Create Shortcut(s) Here" from the dropdown). Right click on the shortcut and go to "Properties." Under the "Shortcut" tab, click on the "Target:" edit box."

After that you hit the end key and do the rest of the stuff. You're currently trying to do that in the Paintball2 folder, not in the properties of that shortcut.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
Re: HELP WITH SERVER
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 12:59:55 AM »
Hi all, i need a help with this.

Press the END key, and add the following: " +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +exec myserver.cfg +map midnight" (without the quotes). Make sure there's a space between the "exe" and the "+set". Now just hit OK, doubleclick on the shortcut and it should start up. It'll pop up a window with something like "====== Paintball II Initialized ======". You can copy this shortcut into your start menu under start|programs|startup and it will run every time windows loads.

I don't undertand this part. When i klick on button END it goes on uninstall. How to add  +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +exec myserver.cfg +map midnight" (without the quotes).

PLEASE HELP!

On your desktop Paintball2 icon, right click on it, and select Properties. After that, copy the following to your Target box. Delete all the stuff in the Target box first, though.
Code: [Select]
C:\Games\Paintball2\paintball2.exe +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +exec myserver.cfg +map midnightThen press OK. A new shortcut would of been made, so rename your server too "Paintball Server" or something. Double click on the shortcut, and a command prompt should appear. (Black Box)
Then type this:
Code: [Select]
exec myserver.cfg
Then thats it! But if you want your server running all the time, you must keep the command prompt open at all times.