Keep the ban
10 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: RICK.  (Read 8022 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
RICK.
« on: October 30, 2009, 07:53:50 PM »
DP is like dead. It takes over 2 hours to find a match, and the match will be a 2v2. We need more people anyways. He only gave it to ride, which yeah it's distribution and all, but it didn't ruin the community. I'm sure more of the people who have been banned before have given it to one person. SOOO He should get a chance!!!@!@!@!@!!!!!

Sooo give him another chance!!!!!!!!! IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING GOOD TO SAY THEN DONT POST!!!! RICKKKKKKKK<3

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: RICK.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »
this made my day <3.

Snoopdog123(CheMiCaL)

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 08:43:31 PM »
i voted for him to be unbanned :)
Hopefully jitspoe could find it in his heart to unban him.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 09:12:53 PM »
Is this a serious thread? Can't be.

Let him pay off his ban? Does this mean pay money to get unbanned, or keep him banned?

If its pay money, then we are missing an option. The one that says "Let him serve the time HE earned."
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 09:37:02 PM by atmays »

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 09:42:54 PM »
Where's the options to:
A) Extend his ban
B) Make him serve the remaining time

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 09:46:51 PM »
It's been there the whole time?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 09:50:32 PM »
Lol, liar.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 10:40:04 PM »
It's been there the whole time?

Tisk Tisk

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 11:24:46 PM »
We need more people anyways. He only gave it to ride, which yeah it's distribution and all, but it didn't ruin the community.
And Ride doesn't even play anymore.

Rick <3.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 12:26:37 AM »
I never agreed with the 1024 in the first place.  He admitted unlike the rest of the other distributors.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 01:02:21 AM »
When we first voted we weren't given all the info, and we didn't know he admitted to everything. After we found out everything the voting was practically over and it wasn't changed in time. We even made a second thread about it and had sufficient votes to reduce it, but no action was ever taken and it disappeared into older pages.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 02:00:08 AM »
Pfft. I told them from the beginning and most people didn't listen.  I don't know why it wasn't changed after all of the proof anyway.

AudioX

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 02:20:42 AM »
We need rick back. =)

Homingbullet

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 03:31:39 AM »
why not just give every1 a clean slate - have dp come back for real. and then when people hack (wont be me) LOL then ban them. once in a while i peek in server browser just to see whos playing lol and every pub is empty xept euro. can we have a vote on this? instead of just one player? give every1 the same option?

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 03:38:10 AM »
I never agreed with the 1024 in the first place.  He admitted unlike the rest of the other distributors.

Pfft. I told them from the beginning and most people didn't listen.  I don't know why it wasn't changed after all of the proof anyway.

LOLOL so im guessing since youre saying "AT FIRST WE DIDNT WANT TO GIVE THE BAN TO HIM, IT WAS ALL A MISTAKE", youre going to lower the ban? LoL love how that works. Apparently the community has not been giving all the info either. Can you explain why his time shouldnt be as long as the rest of the other distributors? "We need a more active community" Isnt going to work, didnt work before. I dont care if he admitted to it or not. Thats the biggest crime of all the bannable offenses. That shouldnt be overturned no matter what. If you're going to unbann him, I should hit up madman to. I think he should be unbanned. Who else on that list, maybe zaltekk. s2k Committee FTW!!!!!! O yeah great thread myers. Im guessing Rick can make the community active all by himself. Nice try though.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 03:55:48 AM »
lol.  I like that post, except for the fact that you actually don't know what was going on in the committee thread, and cant say anything about it, because, oh wait, have you actually seen it?  I listed multiple reasons in that thread on why this ban shouldn't have been so meddling long, but I was ignored by a few.

Reasons, again.

- He freely gave up everything he created and admitted to it as well - what distributor do you know of that has done this and has gotten 1024?
 - He reported other stats that came to our use, eg who distributed the hacks, etc. - only some do this, but Rick told us basically everything.

and many more.

The only thing that made me bump up the time was that he should've known better, being on the committee especially.

Oh and just to add in for homing.  People on the ban list shouldn't be taken off because they have been put there for reasons.  Like.... you hacking multiple times?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 08:41:05 AM »
Mayhem's ban: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15148 - He used multiple hacks, has multiple accounts, distributed hacks. 666 day ban. This was also mayhems second ban.

Rick - Admitted about everything before anything got detected, then told that he gave it to ride without anyone asking about it. 1024 day ban. The committee even says that they weren't told all the information on the first vote, then the second time around nothing gets done even with the votes in his favor.

BTW: For pay off his ban it means let him pay money to get unbanned. I heard that was possible, don't know if it still is.

Just by that, it's stupid how much time difference was given. But still, Rick was one of the few people who could make maps with jumps/gameplay and weren't completely brutal like over half the maps. He even mapped while being banned with an attempt to help the community. So in all, he attempted to map and do stuff for the community, gave it to 1 person and used 1 hack which he gave in to jitspoe... Mayhem used multiple hacks, had multiple accounts, is his second time being banned, and distributed but only got 666 days to Rick's 1024. Very well done.

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 09:16:48 AM »
IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING GOOD TO SAY THEN DONT POST!!!!
kthnx.

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 09:56:30 AM »
Mayhem's ban: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15148 - He used multiple hacks, has multiple accounts, distributed hacks. 666 day ban. This was also mayhems second ban.

Rick - Admitted about everything before anything got detected, then told that he gave it to ride without anyone asking about it. 1024 day ban. The committee even says that they weren't told all the information on the first vote, then the second time around nothing gets done even with the votes in his favor.

BTW: For pay off his ban it means let him pay money to get unbanned. I heard that was possible, don't know if it still is.

Just by that, it's stupid how much time difference was given. But still, Rick was one of the few people who could make maps with jumps/gameplay and weren't completely brutal like over half the maps. He even mapped while being banned with an attempt to help the community. So in all, he attempted to map and do stuff for the community, gave it to 1 person and used 1 hack which he gave in to jitspoe... Mayhem used multiple hacks, had multiple accounts, is his second time being banned, and distributed but only got 666 days to Rick's 1024. Very well done.

I'm pretty sure Mayhem gave jits the hacks right away, told him the distrubutor, who he gave them too, and im fairly certain he asked for 666 or 1311 days. The idea of having any ban over a year isnt to keep you from playing the game for a few years, its to stop you from playing the game. Period. Yes the time difference is pretty big, but i doubt either of them will play again when its over. Might as well just switch it to life ban...it's pretty much the same.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2009, 02:35:45 PM »
Its just confusing to me, one minute we go from. "LET ALL HACKERS BURN, WE DONT NEED THEM HERE." To "Well he distributed BUT since he gave up his hacks to jits (which is probably the same hacks that everyone else has been using AND same ones they were giving to jits. SO REALLY how much did it help?), Make maps with decent jumps, Its rick hes cool. Its cool unbann him. Im sure he learned his lesson."

How about we drop Rick days to 666, would that be fair? Or is that not what youre aiming for? Keep the ban. How will this look? Most of the committee clanned with him. His FRIENDS is the ones backing him. How will it look if hes unbanned?

Dont get me wrong, Rick is cool. I didnt think he should of gotten a long ban if you match him up with xanex. BUT I realized that rick got the right ban but maybe xanex didnt. I dont know the xanex case so I cant say much about it.