Author Topic: jumping fps  (Read 1132 times)

blaa

• Autococker
jumping fps
« on: November 04, 2009, 12:33:22 PM »
 Hello I read the similar threads in this forum and did not find that any of those described what I am facing.

Some time ago, like a month or two, something changed. I used to get stable fps (dunno the exact value, but I know I wasnt worried about my fps), but suddenly I couldn't listen to winamp while playing, couldn't play some maps that have high r_speeds (I could before!), like renoir.

I did not went through any hardware changes, I did not change any settings in dp (I have tried fresh install anyway).

By jumping fps I mean the fps jumps from 70-400, sometimes lower (on renoir constant 30). On some maps that have less detail it is annoying as well. On shazam22, the fps is like 90-200. 90 is fine, but when it jumps from 200 to 90 you can notice it, and its not very pleasent.

My fps is the same as it has been on other games (like warsow) so it must be dp.

specs: intel celeron 2.60GHz, 1.0GB RAM, ATI radeon x1650 series

Anybody???????????

abnormal

• Autococker
Re: jumping fps
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 01:25:42 PM »
can't it be caused by some programs working in background and are working just in some period? - like some antivirus, or so..

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 01:34:40 PM »
If you have AVG, then that causes checks to run in the background all the time, causing lag, fps drops and other noticeable details.
As for the textures, well thats happened to me. I just redownloaded dp, and redownloaded the texture pack and it was fine..

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 11:14:44 PM »
sorry no, warsow and other games are just like they used to be.

i used to listen to winamp while playing, but now i just play with silence, because then fps is slightly better. But still annoying.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 04:32:44 PM »
Try setting cl_sleep to 0.  Also, run task manager and see if there are any programs eating up CPU while you're playing.