Author Topic: Unreal development kit  (Read 4460 times)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Unreal development kit
« on: November 05, 2009, 10:07:56 AM »
 Epic Launches Free Unreal Development Kit

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/61138

Termin8oR

• Autococker
Re: I see another project for Jits.....
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 12:31:15 AM »
Thanks for the program, works awesome.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
Unreal development kit
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 07:30:16 AM »
http://www.udk.com/index.html

It become free for use and development.

I know it would be hard to transfer dp2 to this, but let's make this thread as positive as we can.

This would bring alot of new players. Since I'm totally in black zone about developing/transfering one game to another engine and I suppouse it would take significant amount of time do to so, let's see who can, who has time and who's willing.

And do you even think this would be a good idea.

_burnt

• Autococker
Re: Unreal development kit
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 07:55:32 AM »
Of course this would be cool if it is possible. And btw, knack already posted about the same thing:p

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 08:22:01 AM »
Wooops.

Sry than. I rarely check lower section.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 08:32:32 AM »
This wouldn't be transferring, this would have to be a complete ground-up rebuild of the game, with a lot of work making new media too. And I think UE3 is more geared towards 15+ strong developer teams, not one man operations...

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 08:59:22 AM »
That's what I was thinking.

So DP have 4 people able to do this, right?

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 03:41:09 AM »
Make more useless comments and female dog up that post count.

I know it would be hard to transfer dp2 to this, but let's make this thread as positive as we can.

Now be quiet if you have nothing to say about the subject.

Why haven't you commented in the same thread Knack made about this and in the same manner? God, you can sometimes be a fking wanker.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 07:11:00 AM by Edgecrusher »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 03:06:32 AM »
Now be quiet if you have nothing to say about the subject.
I have lots to say about the subject! You just mentioned you wanted a positive thread, so I held back.

Why haven't you commented in the same thread Knack made about this and in the same manner? God, you can sometimes be a fking wanker.
Knack's post belonged in Other Stuff, really. His was more, 'This is a cool thing you should check out!' and less 'Hey let's completely destroy this game!'

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 03:50:12 AM »
It's really hard for you to zip it, huh?

Funny that this statement ˝Hey let's completely destroy this game!˝ comes from a guy who barely plays this game. You do know that by active I mean actually playing and not selling your crap on forum? Ask anyone in community would they like a new engine. You know the answer. It would bring it up to a new level, and it would attract larger player base. You can count on 2 hands number of active clans, both NA/EU. multiply that with 4 and you have number of active players. But people like you just feel they have to comment every single post on their biased side without broad perspective.

As this post is as good as dead since there's obviously no interest in it, just drop it and go troll somewhere else on many threads here active.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 09:16:23 AM »
 I wouldn't want a new engine.

So many things would change with a new engine, it just wouldn't be the same anymore..

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 12:39:07 PM »
The game wouldn't be DP anymore moving to an engine like this, Eiii just didn't wanna say that it would only be worth it just to make a completely brand new game if you wanna use this engine, and not try to recreate dp on it :P

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 04:17:09 AM »
 I think that if you want to port dp to something, then the best and the easiest way would be to become warsow's mod.

I'm not kidding here. You can already play all dp maps in warsow. Sure, the skybox doesn't work and water isn't reflective and some more bugs probably, but I guess these are problems which could be fixed.

You can probably do pretty much anything in warsow - (gameplay modification, new gametypes), so removing all the warsow guns, adding paintball guns, removing dash and walljump would all be doable. Plus you can modify the jump heights and walkspeeds so it would be just like dp! Except on a different engine... On an engine that enables for a game that looks like 21st century to run smoothly... even on average computers.

If anyone is interested in doing something like that (think that scripting would take less time than fixing the maps) then head on to warsow.net forums and start looking up on gametype scripting/angelscripting etc.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 05:31:25 AM »
I must agree with blaa.
If it would be that easy how he says it might be worth trying at least.
Warsow really runs smooth even on my computer and the graphics is great.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 09:56:23 AM »
Blaa; warsow probably runs better then dp on any computer. I've got CSS and a few other games on my computer, yet dp is the only one that gives my computer a hard time. This game spikes so bad, and it's such a small game. Most engines run smoother.

Dave

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 04:30:49 PM »
myera pls dont post everywhere where u see new posts just make pause of this forum then come back and i sell you some material ok? ;)