Author Topic: Activity of DigitalPaintball.  (Read 23621 times)

abnormal

• Autococker
Re: Activity of DigitalPaintball.
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 09:02:02 AM »
Just again about the tutorials - I think that there could be some map/maps which would be in the basic mappack and there'd also could be a demo file, which would demonstrate jumps on this map. - It's the same as in Quake Live.

But many newbies might not find that demo file, or open it, so there could be some hints for newbies when opening DP2..

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 09:14:32 AM »
Like i said, it could be done like in Warsow, so you have "Tutorials" button in Menu. You click it and you get few tutorials, like Moving around, Gameplay etc.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 01:56:17 AM »
Now all we need is people willing to submit tutorials... Perhaps you could include some commentary to it? In a variety of languages...

I think this will lead to some extreme complications, and it will be very difficult to get this up and running.

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2009, 03:25:23 AM »
I think getting paintball onto the mac os might help, but again you can argue, is it worth the time?

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 03:39:30 AM »
Maybe add key strokes to the tutorial. (May of used the wrong word :S). By key strokes, I mean the keys that are pressed are showed on the screen.

Santader

• VM-68
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2009, 03:43:05 AM »
we can start with official match rules

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2009, 05:23:06 AM »
pfft, in order to keep people matching, we need people to actually register, create a clan.. Then you can start worrying about match rules.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2009, 06:14:01 AM »
pfft, in order to keep people matching, we need people to actually register, create a clan.. Then you can start worrying about match rules.

stop posting

kthx

back to topic:

i think im gonna actually do something here (instead of just building towns with words) and start working on this tutorial.

What i was thinking:
Simple demo explaining what different types of binds do (drop gun, reload gas, jump, shoot, etc), then continue with explaining how 'fast moving/jumping' works. Then move on to circle jumping example or something. I know nothing about video editing but I guess adding subtitles is possible (lol)...
I find the trickiest part being porting .dm2 to .avi so it can be edited.

Tutorial demo can be either 1 longer clip or be number of smaller clips.

AsThor

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2009, 06:35:11 AM »
we can start with official match rules

made this suggestion some time ago too. everyone said it would be senseless cause u cant enforce them. but still, if there will be some match rules someday i'd love to help writing them :p

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2009, 06:57:48 AM »
made this suggestion some time ago too. everyone said it would be senseless cause u cant enforce them. but still, if there will be some match rules someday i'd love to help writing them :p

Then get started on it.
I think I brought it up a long time ago too.
But just get started on it.

AsThor

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2009, 07:50:40 AM »
some people here that might want to help me? :) looking for 2-3 helpers

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2009, 07:58:18 AM »

<--

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2009, 08:27:39 AM »

i think im gonna actually do something here (instead of just building towns with words) and start working on this tutorial.

What i was thinking:
Simple demo explaining what different types of binds do (drop gun, reload gas, jump, shoot, etc), then continue with explaining how 'fast moving/jumping' works. Then move on to circle jumping example or something. I know nothing about video editing but I guess adding subtitles is possible (lol)...
I find the trickiest part being porting .dm2 to .avi so it can be edited.

Good idea blaa, I was thinking about something simliar too. I just wanted to make some jumpmap with explanation of all types of jumping and then to make a video of it. Anyway I think that Skyline made a nice video of showing jumps. It's on youtube I think.

I also think that what you've written is very imortant as well.. not just jumps. I see many players are so annoyed when they're co2 goes out. It might be helpful to make some tutorial of these things and than to put it on youtube and also put some link to the index dplogin.com site.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2009, 08:34:05 AM »

Get a representative from each *active, matching* clan, and discuss rules with them. I think just having 2-3 people make rules will become very biased, and people won't actually follow them.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2009, 09:15:24 AM »
Get a representative from each *active, matching* clan, and discuss rules with them. I think just having 2-3 people make rules will become very biased, and people won't actually follow them.

and you really think you can get em to discuss together at the same time or is it just another text for your postcount?

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2009, 09:25:57 AM »
and you really think you can get em to discuss together at the same time or is it just another text for your postcount?

Lmfao, this is one thing that stops the activity of this game. Idiots like you, you always think its a +1 to the postcount, you honestly have no idea. I'm posing constructive comments and now your nailing me back down. I'm submitting my ideas, which is what the forum is about.
It's no wonder people aren't playing this game when the games community are such excretory openings.

On topic: Create a sub-forum somewhere, off-limits to general members of the community, where the representatives can discuss the rules.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2009, 09:36:35 AM »
yes idiots like me who take their time to play the game not to create comments on every thread they find. it s getting annyoing to see every thread with half-constructive/useless posts from you..

did you think about the different time-zones in your post?

"On topic: Create a sub-forum somewhere, off-limits to general members of the community, where the representatives can discuss the rules." that 1 is ways better, congratz:)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2009, 11:26:29 AM »
+1 for smaller clips.

I've made a little bit for the website a few month ago, but jitspoe don't want it...

http://otb-server.de/screenshots/screens.htm

http://otb-server.de/screenshots/links.htm

AsThor

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2009, 12:29:30 PM »
getting more than 4 people to set up some rules would make it take ages.

still searching 2 more volunteers :p i also would like to have an american in there too

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2009, 12:53:54 PM »
I'm posing constructive comments

+1 freudian slips