Author Topic: Activity of DigitalPaintball.  (Read 23800 times)

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
Re: Activity of DigitalPaintball.
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2009, 10:35:16 AM »
I can help create the Match/Scrim/Request/Demo and all that website, and I'll be happy to work with f3l1x, and any other people who are good at php. ;)

f3l1x, if you want, we can start doing some of this whenever you have a spare moment. PM me on the forums, and we'll do stuff - that goes for anyone.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2009, 12:27:44 PM »
Well about that matchetcetcwebsite:
This could be cool with these rules:

The winner of a match would always write a win at this website and then the loser-team could complain about it. For example: "not everyone were from our clan" etc.. And then the judges would look at it and confirm that match or remove from web.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2009, 12:29:00 PM »
Yeah, just like the way Gamebattles work for COD.. This could really be a huge step for the matching scene.. We could also get some tournaments going on there, a little mix and match of the ESL and Gamebattles..

Lets just hope we can do it. ;)

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2009, 01:42:12 PM »
About tutorial's format: either .dm2 or .avi, right? dm2 preferable for it's small weight, but you can't add sufficient info (eventually cprints, but cant add pictures, huh?[or save a picture and use it as a crosshair, quite neat]), while avi takes much of space (assuming quality is high enough for people to see what's going on in tut) and I'm positive jits is trying to make the game weigh as little as possible, but at least we could add interesting stuff in avi. What I'd love to see is .dm2 to .avi exporter, so that "planned" tutorials wouldn't have to be recorded in fraps, something similar to AprQ2 feature (which I heard has .dm2 to .avi exporter). Question is, would it be possible to import this feature from AprQ2 to pb2? I don't know much about it.

As for dm2 tutorial, one should record it with standard settings, that is fov 90 and crosshair 1. I might try to do so, but as for now I really have little idea of what to record within dm2 range.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2009, 01:43:34 PM »
Gama, you can add sounds, cprints, pictures, all sorts. Grab keygrip 2 and google some tutorials, you might have to look hard, but they're there somewhere.

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2009, 02:36:18 PM »
So basically the best option now is dm2 tutorial with all the stuff added? I'll find some time to record the tutorial, then.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2009, 02:49:08 PM »
- Match/Scrim/Tournament Site (stats for clans, demo downloads, integrated with IRC services and stats from match servers)
- External cheat detection software (how else can we catch speed/sound/map/model/texture cheats??)
- PB2TV (it should be possible to hack in GTV features into a new .exe, serverdemo and playback control support would be nice here)

Going along with those ideas, I think it would be cool to set up something like ESEA for when people want to do like 5v5 matches and there's not enough people on to do a clan 5v5 so you get a pug together. So set it up to reserve a server, track the stats of players on that server, and record demos and then post all this information on a web profile for each individual player.

GohanOneKnife

• Stingray
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2009, 03:42:32 PM »
Gama, you can add sounds, cprints, pictures, all sorts. Grab keygrip 2 and google some tutorials, you might have to look hard, but they're there somewhere.

i tried keygrip but it didnt worked :(
ok now i go drinking cu n0l1f3rs

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2009, 03:45:42 PM »
Well about that matchetcetcwebsite:
This could be cool with these rules:

The winner of a match would always write a win at this website and then the loser-team could complain about it. For example: "not everyone were from our clan" etc.. And then the judges would look at it and confirm that match or remove from web.

My idea for this would be to create a new site (with its own user registration/login) and allow players to link their dplogin account and GGC IRC account to their login. Players would link their accounts up by connecting to an "activation" server with their unique password to verify the dplogin ID#, and by messaging an IRC bot with their activation string from their auth'd GGC account. Clan/player relationships would be scraped from dplogin.com a few times a day.. or whenever necessary. Clan members would then be able to setup matches and get a private server from either the website or an IRC bot in their clan channel. When a match has finished, the stat logs (and serverdemo?) from the gameserver would be sent to the site and processed for detailed stats.

Going along with those ideas, I think it would be cool to set up something like ESEA for when people want to do like 5v5 matches and there's not enough people on to do a clan 5v5 so you get a pug together. So set it up to reserve a server, track the stats of players on that server, and record demos and then post all this information on a web profile for each individual player.

Scrim and PUG games could be easily tracked on the same site, maybe with their own leaderboards.

Keygrip2 does work for DP demos.. it just needs some special setup and careful operation.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2009, 01:10:29 PM »
Scrim and PUG games could be easily tracked on the same site, maybe with their own leaderboards.

Well yeah but i thought it just would have been cool to try and implement something along with that just for pugs that wouldn otify people and record demos for them. Possibly through a small ( or large? not sure how big that would be.) client that you could create a seperate account on and then link it to your dplogin ID.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2009, 06:27:54 PM »
From what I hear, eR33ts and Supermans servers are both going down within the next month or two. This thread has plenty of ideas that could help retain players and bring more interest to current players; but with the only american match servers and the only used NA pub going down... Plus nothing has truly happened from this thread. It gave people ideas, but Jitspoe hasn't even had the time to come into the thread. If these servers go down, the american clanscene will more then likely be gone unless they get replaced.

Plus, unless jitspoe does most of the options OR allows people to help, none of it will get done. He's not able to get on enough to do much anymore, he really needs to get a small team to work on the game together if he expects it to improve. Or just leave it until it dies. But plenty of ideas are in this thread, only issues is doing something about it, whether jitspoe or others, aswell as advertising once it's done to get the new players hoping to keep. But servers are still the most important to keep the current players :p although not many people wanna spend alot of money over a game that isn't really active.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2009, 03:30:20 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:47:47 PM by Dirty_Taco »

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2009, 04:29:12 PM »
The way I see it, everything was funded by all the older players. They've slowly been quitting and finding other things to do instead of the game. Although they barely play, they still fund pretty much all the top servers. No one who plays frequently now is willing to put as much time and money into the game like they all did, and that's why its dying, no one's willing to take over. (and they kept it alive without the source code too :P)

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2009, 11:20:57 PM »
Who honestly wants to put their own money forward for ungrateful 12 year olds in a free game that is dying?

Not it.

AsThor

• Autococker
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2009, 03:21:14 PM »
I'd like to help discuss the new match rules. Ive got some good ideas (well, they seem that way to me) that might be worth getting out there.

And I think part of the idea of having a tutorial would be the ability to watch it in dp, having a link to youtube probably wont get much done, saying as most people playing dp wont even go on dplogin.com to register.

i'll probably start working out something next week. how big is ur time difference to germany?

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2009, 12:44:27 AM »
Just to help you guys. Germany is ahead of the eastern time zone by 6 hours.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2009, 07:04:45 PM »
We've got a channel on IRC registered for a few guys talking about 'official DP match rules' But maybe knack was right, this thread will go nowhere. It's a thread of ideas, most of which only jitspoe can do. He hasn't even been in this thread yet, it seems he only comes on forums to post in 'other stuff'. So is it pointless to try?

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2009, 03:19:14 AM »
 No, its not pointless to try.

Server admins can force certain settings....

Mayhem

• Stingray
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2009, 08:49:37 PM »
Tournaments aren't going to help the activity of DP
If clans wouldn't just completely die then turn into a new clan that is pretty much the exact same but with maybe 1 or 2 different players.
Official clan rules would be a good start as well as a no trash talking policy and I don't mean if the other team trash talks they forfeit or anything of that...
I think a forced tutorial would be nice to help players get into the game but the so-called "Pro's" aren't very helpful or nice to new players.
Better models and textures would help get players into the game... I'm sure there are game forums which we could use to attract new players.
I don't even know how active DP is really considering I can't get into anything...
jitspoe is obviously too busy for this stuff but he isn't the only person who can do anything.
Someone start a post thinking about "Official Match rules" if there isn't already one.
Brain storm ideas of how to network the game out and get more people to play... This isn't exactly a game that people regularly look for...

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2009, 07:26:31 AM »
 Tournaments wont help the activity of dp?

I would like to prove you wrong! And I am trying.