Author Topic: [Forum Feature] Cheater boards readable only for committee members  (Read 3094 times)

blaa

• Autococker
 The boards have become such an spamfest. I think it would be wise to allow everybody to post there, but only committee members could see them.

You could make alter the system you are using at the moment to something like:

1) Report cheaters. (everybody can post, committee members can then discuss with the thread started [thread starter could of course follow his thread])
2) Banned people. (Jitspoe can only post new threads there, to post bans. Possibly make posting to threads possible for other users)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: [Forum Feature] Cheater boards readable only for committee members
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 05:18:47 AM »
Well, for reported cheaters, Jitspoe will sometimes rely on IP's from server admins, so it'd become a bit of fun there.  For banned people, people may question the bans, about the length, or spot things that we missed.  I like the idea, as people just spam threads for no reason, but theres reasons its open as well.

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 07:25:34 AM »
The boards have become such an spamfest.
The whole forum should be to committee view only then.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 08:29:58 AM »
Well I like this idea cause of especially 1 thing: (from my own expirience)

I think davo, or someone from former ovp had a video on youtube with modified textures and when I reported him, he deleted it = no proof. Yes I know I was dumb that I did not post it in PM, but if it would be like this he could get banned.

It's just my expirience and just one advantage in this issue, but anyway I think that there will be more +1's to find in this feature such as spamming, flaming, etc..

jitspoe will sometimes rely on IP's from server admins, so it'd become a bit of fun there.
Server admins could get access in this board too.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 04:22:57 PM »
My point was, the general feedback that IS constructive can sometimes come about, because the committee, or jitspoe misses something.  We might miss one of someones bans, and it may become longer, or count to many, and it becomes shorter, eg: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=18524.0.  We'd rather have people posting about this constructively in the forums than us getting PM's, because more of us can read it, than only just 1 or 2 of us.  One thing that would be handy there would be changing permissions so that say the committee had permissions to delete useless posts in those forums, like the ones that the 123's go and make like 'LOL' and etc.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 12:25:13 AM »
right, dont change it and accept that occasional spammage is the price to pay for a communicative society. the ability for this community to give feedback and opinions about bans or questionable gray areas is incredibly important. homingbullets a prime example where it took around 12 pages of postings from a diverse group of people to reach some conclusion. that was pretty much all player posts, with a few from jitspoe and no other "officials" entering the conversation.

as for the spam, no ones forcing you to read it, move on to a another post. dont stifle the already limited growth of this group just because you cant figure out how to ignore something worthless.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 04:33:58 AM »
One thing that would be handy there would be changing permissions so that say the committee had permissions to delete useless posts in those forums, like the ones that the 123's go and make like 'LOL' and etc.

I like this idea even more than mine.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 06:53:41 PM »
I like this idea even more than mine.
The only mods/admins that i see around a bit are knack and jitspoe, obviously there.  Having committee members, or a select few of them, would add more to that, and more control to those forums :).

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 04:58:00 AM »
more control is bad

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 05:07:03 AM »
Especially for blaa. He has the world record for most bans from this forum. Next one is 3 years or something.