Author Topic: Community Video  (Read 6380 times)

skitzo

• Autococker
Community Video
« on: December 04, 2009, 09:06:08 PM »
Hey guys, I've been recently looking at taking interest in video editing and just got Sony Vegas Pro 9 and wanted to try a community video to try and help me learn the program (I am going through the tutorials I just want to try to make a video). I'd like to get some awesome footage from the community of clips ranging from a simple ace to some ridiculous PGP shot that people will just look at and wonder how. I'll be accepting any match and PUG footage you may have (I really don't wanna put in pub footage in). I'll accept any clips you have recorded yourself either in .avi format or demos WITH TIMES PLEASE (so I don't get a demo and continuously run through it to find your clip). If you'd like to be in it either contact me on IRC or PM me here with your in-game name and the times (if submitting a demo).

Any and all clips that you can send are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the cooperation,
     Skitzo?

Justinph5

• Autococker
Re: Community Video
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:48:23 PM »
I wonder if shockwave remembers a pp1 match he was spec'cing me in, where someone was bde and I killed him while I was shooting from window to window, no where near him... lol that was a funny one. :P

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 01:40:31 AM »
 Good stuff skitzo. I will try and go through my demos folder asap.

How are you planning to .dm2 -> .avi btw?
Have you thought about what settings to use?
Sounds? I would personally delete the annoying round end/start sounds, but keep the splat/moving sounds, then add some nice background music and should be ok.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 02:56:46 AM »
Good idea. If you'll get some expirience with Sony Vegas it should be cool video then. I'll look for some demos and send it to you later :).

Anyway about settings which blaa has mentioned: I use fov 140/80, hand mid. Won't it look wierd when there will be so many other settings in one vid?

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 03:20:44 AM »
not a huge deal, I guess.

Whats more important is how you are planning to .dm2 -> .avi. If you get an answer to that, then i will start looking mah demos.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 08:43:41 AM »
Is it possible to change fov and other ingame settings in key grip? If it's, then that'd solve some problems

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 09:57:36 AM »
How are you planning to .dm2 -> .avi btw?
Have you thought about what settings to use?
Sounds? I would personally delete the annoying round end/start sounds, but keep the splat/moving sounds, then add some nice background music and should be ok.

I was going to try to use fraps to records it down to the .avi (unless someone can suggest an easier/better quality way to do it). the overall settings i was going to remove the whole HUD and keep right handed on (for the purpose of seeing what gun they used). The sounds (for now at least) I was going to remove all sounds for my first video, maybe once I learn Sony Vegas I'll try and incorporate some music syncing with the gun sounds/kill sounds but for now I'm just going to be trying music for the only sounds in the video.

Laged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 10:55:13 AM »
Fraps is by far the best program for recording this kind of stuff, at least in my opinion. The file sizes will be huge but the quality is great, too.
At least I didn't manage to change the FOV in a demo, I hope you can change it somehow, it'll be really annoying to watch if you change between 90fov and 140fov when the scene changes.
Well anyway, good luck with your project, I was thinking about making something like this but thanks to my laziness I never started doing it.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 10:59:38 AM »
ViCiouZ has (or had) an online converter for dm2->avi. You could always record the part you want, then put it through the converter. The filesize is large, but it shouldn't be bad since your only using snippets.

Or as for fraps, hopefully you have the full version ;)   (I don't like their little logo always being there)

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 11:08:31 AM »
ViCiouZ has (or had) an online converter for dm2->avi. You could always record the part you want, then put it through the converter. The filesize is large, but it shouldn't be bad since your only using snippets.

Or as for fraps, hopefully you have the full version ;)   (I don't like their little logo always being there)

The converter isn't working for me for some reason, and I do have the full version of fraps but for some reason when i try to record test videos from demos the FPS suddenly drops to around 30-50 and i get really bad output (even though i have it set to record at 160 FPS). Also for some unknown reason it speeds my video up to about 2x in the playback of the .avi file. if anyone knows how i could fix that it'd be much appreciated.

Nevermind that last part, was recording at too high of an FPS (at least i think that's what's messing it up because i tuned it down to record at 60 and all was fine).

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 11:18:41 AM »
A cool idea for community videos would be having a theme [as in every two weeks you make one with the objective or top 5 kills] and you keep it steady going. It'll get you practice with the program and be a cool outcome for players. They submit their shots, and wait for you  [and maybe a group of a few select others] to judge the top 5. Every two weeks or more due to the fact that there really isnt that many active players who will match etc..

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 11:24:31 AM »
A cool idea for community videos would be having a theme [as in every two weeks you make one with the objective or top 5 kills] and you keep it steady going. It'll get you practice with the program and be a cool outcome for players. They submit their shots, and wait for you  [and maybe a group of a few select others] to judge the top 5. Every two weeks or more due to the fact that there really isnt that many active players who will match etc..

That's what I'd eventually like to branch into, but for now I'd just like to get a video together. After a couple of these I'd like to get up a COTW competition (COTW=Clip of the Week). though with the activity i may have to do a monthly competition. People send in their clips and then they're put together into a video and then everyone votes on who's they think is best.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 11:39:42 AM »

Or as for fraps, hopefully you have the full version ;)   (I don't like their little logo always being there)
The converter isn't working for me for some reason, and I do have the full version of fraps but for some reason when i try to record test videos from demos the FPS suddenly drops to around 30-50 and i get really bad output (even though i have it set to record at 160 FPS). Also for some unknown reason it speeds my video up to about 2x in the playback of the .avi file. if anyone knows how i could fix that it'd be much appreciated.

Nevermind that last part, was recording at too high of an FPS (at least i think that's what's messing it up because i tuned it down to record at 60 and all was fine).

Just don't use it, it's really poor. Currently Fraps is the best way to record, especially just for short clips such as those required for this type of project. I've been tinkering with using .kkapture to record whole demos in perfect quality but currently there is a bug with .kkapture crashing when a demo finishes if the game is not quit manually.

Good luck with the video, I have often tried to bring myself to do this, I only ever get as far as the intro :P

If you want any help with capturing/editing/transcoding or want some webspace to host it, be sure to PM me :D

Always nice to see somebody doing something creative with DP :D

edit: fixed "intro" link
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:36:45 PM by ViciouZ »

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 12:10:46 PM »
I've been thinking and after some test videos maybe we could put together a kind of "intro" video to the game. Post it on some sites and maybe get the game better known. I'd love some webspace to throw up some videos on if you wouldn't mind (I'm not much of a website person so you may have to explain to me how to do it all).

toxikr3

• PGP
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »
Its easy, just upload it to youtube, and use freewebs to make a nice looking site.

Copy the code from the video, the embed code at the side, and paste it on the website. Now you have a site with videos :D

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 05:51:36 PM »
Is there any way that i could put a dp2 demo through a program that would allow me to noclip around and chase other people other than who was recording?

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 07:33:16 PM »
no, thats a feature vote though for 'server demos'

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 05:50:24 AM »
Is there any way that i could put a dp2 demo through a program that would allow me to noclip around and chase other people other than who was recording?
Well I think keygrip2 has something like that, but it's extremely hard to set it and it doesn't move so smooth how could I see from some tests.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 11:11:18 AM »
 Just gonna upload the whole pack: http://timetravellers.planet.ee/stuff/16_demos.zip
I just watched 3 demos, maybe gonna watch some more, so just dl the pack.

blaa_kaese_airtime:
18:58
15:42
15:34
14:46
13:55
13:28
13:09
12:19
11:40
11:29
8:53
~round starting about 8:40. Failure :/ "can be happen"

q_germans_moon:
15:46
14:14
13:55
got bored, didnt continue

q_ovp_sass
round ~17:20 nice flag run :)

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 02:30:30 PM »
http://rapidshare.com/files/317795927/test1.wmv.html

Myers asked me to make a preview clip and he said the quality was amazing, so I thought I'd share to with you guys to give advice. Please rate the edit and quality, not the clip. I know the clip sucks it was just some random test footage i threw in there.