Author Topic: Fascination with the Universe?  (Read 2971 times)

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
Fascination with the Universe?
« on: December 10, 2009, 02:43:16 PM »
Hi,

I'm just wondering whether or not anyone here shares the same fascination about the Universe as I do. Has anyone actually ever wondered how big the Universe is? Where it ends? And what happens if you "escape" the Universe's boundaries? I think about this alot lately, and am starting to try and put my own theory together. Although, I really really love learning and experimenting with space, I want to learn more. Especially about black holes, supernova's, galaxy's, red dwarf's etc.. It's just so fascinating.

Another thing that fascinates me is the theory of parallel universes. Does anyone here actually believe that a Parallel universe is possible? If it is, would this mean a completely different universe at the edge (or boundaries) of our universe? And if we ever got to the edge of our Universe, would we go to the opposite side of the Parallel universe? It's an extremely strange theory, but I think it's possible.

Also, what I really don't get is how time was 'made' - I mean, does anyone actually know how time was made? Also, I'm very much so fascinated about Dark matter. To my knowledge, dark matter is a very dense, high energy source of fuel(?) that is equivalent to something like 30 Milky Way suns? I'm not sure, or even half sure if this is correct, but this is what I found out when Googling.

So, does anyone actually want to know some of the answers I asked too? Like where the boundaries of Space end, and what happens if you drop off. I've seen the scientific diagrams of Space to be in a spherical shape. If this is true, does this mean that when you reach the boundary, you go round, and round, and round? Of course, we'll never be able to actually find out, because unless we travel at the speed of light, it'll take us something like 16 billion years to get there. But it would be fantastic if we could.

Any thoughts guys?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Fascination with the Universe?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 03:15:52 PM »
http://www.history.com/minisite.do?content_type=mini_home&mini_id=54036

Rent these or download them.  Great series and touches on EVERYTHING you're asking about.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 03:18:52 PM »
If it's on the edge, I'd crush it.

Go get em astronaut!

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 03:22:20 PM »
It's all fake, keep believing the "government".

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 07:19:13 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:47:07 PM by Dirty_Taco »

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 05:37:40 PM »
Time isn't real, Sorry :) But seriously time is just like inches or meters we made time to measure well time :)

and Hello everyone :)

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 01:25:02 AM »
Time isn't real, Sorry :) But seriously time is just like inches or meters we made time to measure well time :)

and Hello everyone :)

made no sense what so ever

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 05:31:52 AM »
sense is a spining wheel in a void space who accounts to the greater well beeing of the man kind.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 02:39:02 PM »
sense is a spining wheel in a void space who accounts to the greater well beeing of the man kind.
Made no sense what so ever.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 02:39:56 PM »
god made me ignorant so that i could mock this post.

ty

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 03:39:08 PM »
Made no sense what so ever.

jesus you're so bright man like rly bright intercourse

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 10:03:34 PM »
Was talking more towards the horrible grammar. Either way, you're not funny.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 09:38:39 PM »