Author Topic: NewMap: Frozen Fever  (Read 5951 times)

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
NewMap: Frozen Fever
« on: December 10, 2009, 07:43:45 PM »
This is my new map, Frozen Fever. There are several KEY points as of now that i must give to you.
-There is no light (atm)
-There are no flags (atm)
-This map cannot be played (atm)
-I am posting this for help on lighting and entities for this map.
-This map is fairly small, Enjoy

Spook

• Autococker
Re: NewMap: Frozen Fever
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 10:07:15 PM »
Do you light any of your maps?

Looks horrible, and also looks like EVERY other snow map. Same textures, lack of creativity, and overall, boring.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 10:19:13 PM »
i think it looks nice personally, its just an opinion. there's a few misaligned rock textures sure, but they're all clipped nice and neat. The reason why it looks like every other snow map is because the lack of good looking rock textures, this is because none of these match the snow i wanted it to. So, therefor i used this combo with snowfitz and rockj1_2. Of course there will be the same textures its outside.. Do you want me to have two different rock textures? i still need more fillers obv. The reason it isn't lit is because i didn't have time to compile it ( i waited 3 good hours and it got stuck on nine, GOODIE!!!) Well Thanks for the opinion. BTW what do you mean by creativity? the textures or the map?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 01:10:58 AM »
The texture choices make it boring, that rock looks nice, but there are others that look nice too, that aren't used in every map. Change it up, give it some flair. Personally I haven't downloaded the map, as I find it to be a huge eye-sore to look at un-lit maps.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 08:00:44 PM »
well if i could export it in light you might be able to try it but i cant because it took around 3 hours and stopped at 9....

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 08:04:42 PM »
If you send it to me, I'd do it for you. A map termi made compiled in 2 hours on his computer, and less than 30 seconds on mine.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 08:37:38 PM »
That sounds good, im doing some work on it right now if i can send it to you it will be later tonight

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 06:33:35 AM »
From the screenshots, the map looks alot like tatras and nml. Please tell me their is no speedy-ice jump. :|

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 10:09:11 AM »
No there isn't any ice speeds.

From walking threw the map I didn't find it flowed well. It reminds me of cusoman's map in the sense that each jump has the start and finish point and theres no room for much creativity on the jumps. It's small narrow paths with barrels. From the mapping point of view [although i'm not that great of a mapper] it looks pretty good besides what you've already stated above. But I do not think this will get all that much use the way it is now. I think the gameplay will be lacking.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 02:13:55 PM »
Yeah this map is way to small for icey speeds. Anyways you do have a point myers but gameplay factors are too early to decide since this map isnt even in beta stage

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 03:49:47 PM »
Here is an updated Version with new rock textures ( I dont like the way they look) and some new fillers besides boxes and barrels.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 02:02:29 AM »
Yeah this map is way to small for icey speeds. Anyways you do have a point myers but gameplay factors are too early to decide since this map isnt even in beta stage

pretty sure if a unlit map is bad, then a lit map is bad as well

Not sur if this was what you meant :D.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 06:34:33 AM »
That rock texture is meddling ugly with snow. There's a lot better ones. rockp2_1, rockp2_7, rocks19_1 and rocks24_2 to just name a few. These all look good with snow especially the last one.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 02:59:02 PM »
Here is a lit version of my map i still need to fix somethings
- Lower R_speeds
- New rock texture
- add to the game play

(btw to myers) I personally think the map flows well maybe just because i have tested it over 1,000 times..

T3RR0R15T

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 03:20:48 PM »
Online.

[OTB] Beta - 83.169.4.183:22222

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 04:09:11 PM »
Had just played it with other people, Noticed i needed a newbie way to flag and it actually played well too.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 07:20:40 AM »
It doesn't look that bad now.

You forgot to change some rock textures on the tops, but it's just a detail.

You need to add some "quick way" to get to flag. It takes like 10 seconds when you're in base and it's impossible to grab even on 7vs1 then.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 07:48:51 AM »
Indeed i need to im about to make a ladder way and another jump way but im not home now ill do it when ithere

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 10:38:54 AM »
Took a look at it. I miss maps where the jumps aren't handed to everyone. Predetermined jump paths always create lopsided gameplay. Maps like carp and c1 are awesome because any significant jumps came from the community's creativity on a well balanced map. This map clearly shows you that the jump starts at your flag and ends on their flag. Having said that, I wouldn't mid pubbing on this map. Also, you tested this for 83 hours? Is this typical for this kind of map or are you being facetious?

1000 tests x 5 minutes = 83 hours minimum

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 01:48:47 PM »
Some arent for 5 minutes bbut i have tested it alot of times and speed starts at the flag ? it shouldnt.. ill try to fix it