Author Topic: 3iob Servers Incoming.  (Read 7440 times)

JiGSaW

• Autococker
3iob Servers Incoming.
« on: December 21, 2009, 10:33:43 AM »
So, after chatting with swk, we are thinking about grabbing some servers.

Cincinnati sound good for everyone?  Yesssssssssssssssss it does.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
Re: 3iob Servers Incoming.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 11:06:41 AM »
Alright, so SWK has put up the [3iob] Public server, hosted in Virginia.  We're also going to be getting 2-3 match servers as well when we get the funds, which will most likely be by the end of this week, or next week.

Support #team_3iob

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 11:51:27 AM »
The settings are wrong on your server (ffire, flagcap ends round, etc.) and your rotation is horrible.. (fort20?)

So you might wanna make a lot of changes to your public server before adding match servers. also, how are you planning on making the match servers available for lease? IRC bot? dpMatchReserveTool? Manual changing?

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 12:01:37 PM »
Maybe they're trying something new Kyuuchi. Personally, I hope thats the case. Things like guntemp and flagcap ending the round would change the playstyle up a bit, possibly making it more interesting. I'd rather not go back to the same 2/40 people in Supermans pub on airtime.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 12:09:32 PM »
ffire is more than annoying in pub when you have idiot newbs fragging you with nades all the time.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 12:21:23 PM »
The settings are wrong on your server (ffire, flagcap ends round, etc.) and your rotation is horrible.. (fort20?)

So you might wanna make a lot of changes to your public server before adding match servers. also, how are you planning on making the match servers available for lease? IRC bot? dpMatchReserveTool? Manual changing?
For one, he restarted the server which reset the guntemp.  And we have almost every map in dp in that map rotation, maps before you were even playing, instead of all this stupid new stuff superman has on his pub.  Manual changing?  Yeah thats called login..  And of course there's going to be an IRC bot.
Maybe they're trying something new Kyuuchi. Personally, I hope thats the case. Things like guntemp and flagcap ending the round would change the playstyle up a bit, possibly making it more interesting. I'd rather not go back to the same 2/40 people in Supermans pub on airtime.

Yeah, cam isn't allowed in this pub.  We don't need any 24/7 balla's.

swk513

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 12:41:40 PM »
Okay.  So since I'm shelling' out money for some servers here.. I figure I might as well register here so you all can ask questions and such.  So far I have one public server set up in Virginia.  I have plans for another public in a more central North American location (ChiTown or somewhere in TX) and a match server or two in the same locations.  My only dilemma is that I'm not going to fork out all that cash alone.  The match servers WILL be in 3oib's name when I receive compensation :P  Also, for donations, I have a paypal account set up.  If you donate, you get login to the public servers, but abuse will not be tolerated.  The only reason I have behind setting this up is because of rumor er33t is pulling their servers.  So, all in all, I'm taking donations.  Also, I'm open to adjusting the map list if people would give me their 2 cents to maps they want.  If you have questions, I'll be around here or in #team_3iob on irc.

swk513

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 12:43:58 PM »

Sorry for using you as an example, but it's people who complain about stuff who make me not want to do this.  I don't see you spending anything, but I see critisism.  Honestly, what sense does that make?  I've stated I'm down for improvements, but smartass comments like LOL DO THIS BEFORE YOU ADD MATCH SERVERS LOL doesn't really get anything accomplished.  One of the servers I'm setting up WILL be an oldschool setup.  Old ball speed, old maps.. as q2 as I can make it.  Become a donator, and maybe I can host a server for you with the settings you want ;)  I'll host personal servers for .50 cents a player match and 1.00 per player publics.  Pretty good deal right?
;

swk513

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 12:46:02 PM »
And for a 3rd post in a row.  If you have been a previous server admin and know a LOT about setting this up, irc bots for match server rental, or anything else that I might need to know, don't be afraid to help me out.  I'd make it worth your while. 

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 03:33:23 PM »
This is probably a question some people are wondering the answer for, If a clan beats 3iob in that server or do something they don't like, Will they get kicked?

Also, are all the clans able to use these servers? Or will clans like vF be banned because of rivalry.

:D:D:D

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 03:54:38 PM »
Sadly, we all know the answers to those already...

swk513

• PGP
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 07:11:19 PM »
Does 3iob have THAT bad of a name?  I'm in control of these servers.  I will not ban anyone unless I see fit.  All 3iob members do not have login, and if they do, NONE have enough privilege to ban people.

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 09:42:57 PM »
Does 3iob have THAT bad of a name?

Unfortunately, a couple of the members do. Jigsaw managed to declare someone "pre-banned" within 3 posts.

Yeah, cam isn't allowed in this pub.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 01:20:06 AM »

Sorry for using you as an example, but it's people who complain about stuff who make me not want to do this.  I don't see you spending anything, but I see critisism.  Honestly, what sense does that make?  I've stated I'm down for improvements, but smartass comments like LOL DO THIS BEFORE YOU ADD MATCH SERVERS LOL doesn't really get anything accomplished.  One of the servers I'm setting up WILL be an oldschool setup.  Old ball speed, old maps.. as q2 as I can make it.  Become a donator, and maybe I can host a server for you with the settings you want ;)  I'll host personal servers for .50 cents a player match and 1.00 per player publics.  Pretty good deal right?
;

I'm not complaining. I'm giving feedback after playing on your server, if you don't want people to post the bad sides of your server, then your server won't be better. Nobody here is complaining about your server, swk, we're simply posting feedback to your server. Whether you choose to act upon the feedback is entirely upto you; you have two options:- Read it, ignore it. You choose.

Good luck with your server, but with the current settings it's in now - and probably the ones they're going to be in the future, I probably won't be playing in them. And no, this isn't "bad feedback" I'm just providing information to say that I won't be playing in the server because of the settings. But I do ping good there. ;)

kyuuchi`

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2009, 08:12:51 AM »
Unfortunately, a couple of the members do. Jigsaw managed to declare someone "pre-banned" within 3 posts.

You shouldn't even own a computer.

Why would vF get kicked?  I could see maybe bix banning them for them getting him banned from the er33t servers, that's the only reason I could see it happening.

We're not getting the servers to kick people from them, we're getting them to keep the match scene active, and we're slowly starting to build onto it.

Henrod, again don't post in this thread I don't want it merryed up.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 10:50:43 AM »
GOOD ONE!!!*!**! I laughed my head off!

lol. 3iob didn't want the' match scene active' when 3iob got eR33t's logins and they would kick anyone from the match they didnt like... But I understand some 3iob have insecurities and let it out on the net. Poor dude, nfk, and gwb who have to put up with them all... :/

But anyways, who cares, we'll just wait and see the kicks once the servers are set... (swk, you should think about doing what superman did and make them unaffiliated servers, that way people won't judge them based on others, but if you did that I'm sure you'd be kicked ;) )

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2009, 11:02:32 AM »

Why would vF get kicked?  I could see maybe bix banning them for them getting him banned from the er33t servers, that's the only reason I could see it happening.

We're not getting the servers to kick people from them, we're getting them to keep the match scene active, and we're slowly starting to build onto it.

Henrod, again don't post in this thread I don't want it merryed up.

See what I mean swk?

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 07:16:06 PM »
See what I mean swk?
See what he means swk?????   Do you see that?   See what he means bro?  See it?
GOOD ONE!!!*!**! I laughed my head off!

lol. 3iob didn't want the' match scene active' when 3iob got eR33t's logins and they would kick anyone from the match they didnt like... But I understand some 3iob have insecurities and let it out on the net. Poor dude, nfk, and gwb who have to put up with them all... :/

But anyways, who cares, we'll just wait and see the kicks once the servers are set... (swk, you should think about doing what superman did and make them unaffiliated servers, that way people won't judge them based on others, but if you did that I'm sure you'd be kicked ;) )

Considering you're like 16 years old, I bet you laughed your prepubescent head off.

Bix only kicked people when there would be 14 people from other clans in our matches watching them, and talking, and commenting, and attempting to talk excrement, too bad no one cares what you have to say.

This is about swk and his servers, not about either of you, or s2k.  Trolls.

My name's Justinph5 and i'm upset because I got 2 minute temp banned from an er33t match server.

My name's also Henrod, look at my pretty nails.

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 07:35:11 PM »
My name's also Henrod, look at my pretty nails.

Well played. GG.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 07:41:22 PM »
(swk, you should think about doing what superman did and make them unaffiliated servers, that way people won't judge them based on others, but if you did that I'm sure you'd be kicked ;) )

My name's Jigsaw and I'm going to try to use swk just like I tried to use Superman,   I need some servers where I can be an excretory opening to everyone.

Soon you will see why my servers were unaffiliated with 3iob and their very immature members.  Good luck.  Let me know if you need help.