Author Topic: [Features]vwep 2.0; [website] official matching etiquette; [servers] what  (Read 1576 times)

blaa

• Autococker
1) It doesnt really help to see what gun the enemy is carrying (on old models it is hard to see even), but what if you could see if the enemy carrying a grenade. On many occasions it wouldnt help, sure, because the pr0(prime)nade would hit you around the corner. But why not?

2) http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=19509.0
Besides tie maplist the website would contain short pointers on how to find a match and furthermore how to behave on one.

3) OTB servers - Players join teams, the countdown starts, 13,12,11, play!. What the intercourse.
rP servers - Players join teams, the countdown starts, 13,12,11, round starts in 8,7,....,1, play. Well, better than OTB but still bad.
Same with kyuuchis servers as with rP I think.

I know terror had some issues with the warmup mode, but starting when 11 seconds is still left in the clock is just silly and looks like a bug.

So, dont really know why would I post this excrement in to feature vote subforum, but cant be arsed to create another topic. What I want - warmup time 30sec and then the match starts. Not some sissy excrement there is happening at the moment.

AAAAAALSO, if tartjagger happens to read this, please cvar_set deadtalk 1 on your match servers.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: [Features]vwep 2.0; [website] official matching etiquette; [servers] what
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 07:50:07 AM »
Jitspoe knows that bug, since the warmup mode is implemented. The warumup mode also needs a better indicator. Maybe a big, red "warmup mode" text on the top of the screen. The little "Match begins in ... seconds." text isn't enough. I think a lot of players don't know that this game has a warumup mode...

This bugs (and all bugs from the feature votes board, which are not added atm) should be fixed and the game needs a better stability, performance and user interface before new things can come.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 12:33:56 PM »
the whole vwep stuff is useless crap, just as I said right from the beginning.  Seriously, when was the last time you had enough time in a 1v1 situation to find out what gun your opponent was carrying?  I mean, aside from the fact that nobody would ever look and you can hear it way before you can see it...  The same goes with grenades:  when you see him carry one, he's usually already tossing it. No help to see it.  Please let jitspoe focus on important things.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 01:16:20 PM »
Agreed, "match starts in __" should be A LOT bigger. My teammates always have to tell me to join up real fast cuz I never notice the countdown.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 05:01:12 PM »
the whole vwep stuff is useless crap, just as I said right from the beginning.  Seriously, when was the last time you had enough time in a 1v1 situation to find out what gun your opponent was carrying?  I mean, aside from the fact that nobody would ever look and you can hear it way before you can see it...  The same goes with grenades:  when you see him carry one, he's usually already tossing it. No help to see it.  Please let jitspoe focus on important things.
i concur, your excellency. :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Why not just turn warmup on?  I guess I didn't see the countdown bug as a big deal since I figured most people would use warmup.

Also, if you're going to post a feature vote request, you need to make the thread for one specific thing.  Otherwise it just turns into a cluster.

Edit: Maybe I fixed this.  I can't reproduce it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 01:55:13 AM by jitspoe »