Author Topic: Demo of the hottest round of the season...  (Read 8978 times)

Gibb

• Stingray
Demo of the hottest round of the season...
« on: April 02, 2006, 12:11:16 PM »
Rust vs GT in the second round of our match that took place on Saturday. 

To build the story line Rust needed to go 4-0 to have a chance at making the playoffs, GT put all of this in jeopardy mid way through the round when Gibb f's up royally.

Spend 15 minutes of your day watching this epic battle of washed up DP players (rust) vs a very respectable GT full of good sports.

http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~berthiau/demos/rust_vs_GT_rd2(WOWZERS).dm2

b00nlander

• Autococker
Re: Demo of the hottest round of the season...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 04:13:50 PM »
hmmm

you should watch .xb. vs 2b0 on summer, 1st quarter.
had like 3 or 4 overtimes. quite a good match. I'll post up a demo later. 

but yeah, awesome quarter there, gibb, and good game overall.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 06:16:12 AM »
Nice grab Shreds!!

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 07:49:15 AM »
edge of the seat stuff right there! nice grab too.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 10:16:59 AM »
ok, 2 demos to watch:  1 shows the whole 18 or 20 minutes, the other starts with 2 minutes left in the (regular) game.

maybe not as spectacular in all scenes, but the best round of dp I've ever played.

http://www.pure-blood.de/xb_vs_2b0_full.zip

http://www.pure-blood.de/xb_vs_2b0_short.zip

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 02:41:35 PM »
I wish we could have a close match once in a while. =/

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 03:13:56 PM »
EEK! Lost that one. GG Rust. FYI dont let beu up on the walls he cant be touched. Btw what makes this wall walking any different than Brainstorm? Not complaining just curious?

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 03:22:22 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:53:01 AM by Dirty_Taco »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 03:34:39 PM »
Guh I am at work. I cant access that site I will look at it. I just found it funny watching Bob and you play against me several weeks ago on ev1 loial's server. I had changed the map for you and you asked me if Bob was walking on the walls. At that time I pgp him and said yes he was. I guess my question should be, how long have you known about this exploit and what makes it any different than brainstrom.

This was all I found "-Number23 on 04-03-2006 at 12:46am EST " It explains that you forgot what week it was not what makes it any different nor does it expain how long you have known about it and how you found out. Sorry that all I could find. Please point me to the correct post if  I am wrong

Again I am not complaining, I have had a blast playing my first pbcup, so good job, just curious. Thanks for the prompt responce.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 04:05:25 PM »
I wish we could have a close match once in a while. =/

me too =/

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 07:37:57 PM »
Rust really is a fitting name. ;)

Gibb

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 09:50:40 PM »
loal, basically the whole issue was that when the PBCup selected moonlit as a map, they decided on banning wall walking during the matches.  DT didn't intend for it to be in his map and viewed it as an exploit because its dark along the walls.

They forgot to announce publicly until mid way through the week that getting on the walls would be an immediate forfeiture.  Viewing this as unfair since it was already wednesday and 1 match had already taken place, I argued to have the ruling reversed, which it eventually was.

Trust me, I didn't have an ending like this in mind for our round 2 game when I was arguing for the ruling to be reversed ;)

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 05:28:15 PM »
Dear Gib,

I love you. In the sense that your a good sport.

So what about crimethink? There is wall walking and see through textures when at the correct angel. What makes that map any differnet then brainstrorm? Dont get me wrong we would have lost by a larger amount on brainstorm. I am jsut confused why so many DT maps have wall walking and exploitive texture gaps in which you can see the enemy at so many different angles with out them seeing you.
I have a ss at home I will post later of what I call exploits.

Thanks for your time and one of the all time best rounds in 8 years.

Ignorantly yours
-L

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 06:33:04 PM »
too give eR33t advantages that noone knows about.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 06:43:47 PM »
Sk8tr I doubt that. My points has been there should have been a vote or let the home team pick first map.

Here are two quick ones. Notice the first how you can track players.

Gibb

• Stingray
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 06:57:42 PM »
I agree with you, I dont see a difference between moonlit, brainstorm, or crimethink.   They all grant players access to walk on the walls, hoever, DT didn't want people to get on the walls in moonlit because he never INTENDED it to happen.  He said he had the map thoroughly beta tested and no one ever discovered it...

Do I personally think this makes sense? No not really, but his major point behind barring it on moonlit was that wall walking was never inteded.

<3

Gibb

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 07:32:10 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:52:57 AM by Dirty_Taco »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 07:50:53 PM »
Ok got it. Thank you

I can appreciate his honesty. However not intended it is or was, moonlit and crimethink has been, and are being played.

Keep in mind I how much more far off I can see the enemy advancing in this case spawning and rushing, then whats depicted in the first picture. I hate to say it again but notice the 2 little blue players. This looks a like an flaw in the map and a built in exploit. Is it ok to camp there for pbcup?

Can we please have a say next time in the map rotation. I am not asking this in hopes of making our chances better (only practice can help us), nor am I posting to flame the choices made (they are fun maps). I just think its only fair for the partipents to be able to have a vote, just like Taco or any active particpant that selected these maps had. Or at least the team captians can vote.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 08:05:48 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:52:51 AM by Dirty_Taco »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 06:15:06 PM »
Like i said, if it messes up people camping then more power to it!
Yes, I read that. Good for you and your opinion. Still, how fair is it to those who did not know about it? Thats lame and not fair. Let me guess this was not in the demo? If it was, sorry and my apology.

-2 map choice

The people will have a say in season 2's maplist,
Thank you.

Sorry off topic.