Author Topic: trying to get more people to play  (Read 3258 times)

dp4lyfe

• PGP
trying to get more people to play
« on: January 02, 2010, 09:47:55 PM »
Well I seem to hardly ever play dp and I think that this game can expand even more so then what it already has.  So I'm going to start making videos of good clans matching and jumping And everything else you can think of. So I'm going to mAke a irc channel tomorrow. If you would like to help please reply to this post and happy gaming to every one in the community.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
Re: trying to get more people to play
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 10:07:49 PM »
Won't work don't bother.

dp4lyfe

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 10:13:05 PM »
Why so negative br55hit.  And you never no it might work

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 10:25:18 PM »
People have been trying to get DP to grow for years and all it's done is shrink.

dp4lyfe

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 10:28:19 PM »
Maybe I just wanna make videos of good clans mtaching and jump videos to post on YouTube lol.:)

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 01:03:51 AM »
People have been trying to get DP to grow for years and all it's done is shrink.

it hasnt shrink

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 01:08:05 AM »
Yea that's why there's about 4 active US clans now as compared to the 10+ years ago.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 02:09:16 AM »
Yea that's why there's about 4 active US clans now as compared to the 10+ years ago.

And has anybody in the US scene tried to do something?
Look at europe, many match servers, available to everybody via website. Some tournaments hosted by multiple clans (OVP in the summer, qehs, maybe some others).

dp4lyfe

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 02:11:18 AM »
I just want some people that are good to maybe mAke a few videos you no I mean nothing really to serious would y'all be intersted By the way great statements blaa

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 06:04:10 AM »
I can help.
I have about 10 new jumps on old or well known maps, and many demos of good kills.
Maybe problem can be that I have 140 fov. But if it will be in good resolution and quality it wouldn't be that bad I think.

Just some questions:
what programs would you like to use?
do you have some experience in making videos?

dp4lyfe

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 10:02:35 AM »
Sounds good if u could just pm me thanks

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 10:07:44 AM »
I'm trying to get a video together as well, and just to let you know, when you have negative people in the community like br55hit who think it's a worthless game and can't grow but still play anyway, it's hard to get demos form people. After requesting demos from people I've gotten 2 or 3 demos form shep and a couple demos from blaa.

Also I already have a video channel up if you'd like to be a part of the video team I'm starting to get together just hit me up in #SoFa.

dp4lyfe

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 10:13:52 AM »
Why try to get demos when I can go in the server and record the demo.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 10:18:56 AM »
Well, pubs are pointless to record because it's just a bunch of newbies running around shooting at each other, and if you go into a match server it blacks out for observers so you have to ask them to specinvite you and when you spectate people it just doesn't look as good as when they send you their demos which are recorded by them in first person. Usually if I think it'll be a good match I ask one of the teams to spec me and if I see a good ace or shot or something I'll write down the time and then ask that person after the match if I can get their demo.

dp4lyfe

• PGP
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 10:23:25 AM »
Alright maybe I can try to get some er33t demos or 3iob maybe even a couplebof good clan demos

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 10:29:05 AM »
Go on OTB speed, you can get some good spawnkilling that will attract soo many new players!!!

Before you start making videos to attract people, make sure you have something better then windows movie maker, also make sure you have a nice set of hr4 textures. Otherwise your videos will look pretty bad. I'm sure if you get on IRC and ask people for passwords for their matches; and after ask for certain demos from it, people wont have a problem. It's more annoying to have to find demo's, not that bad when people ask for specific ones.

So- What programs are you using to record and make the video?
Do you have hr4?
Do you have mIRC or planning to do all this through forums and pubs?

dp4lyfe

• PGP
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 10:32:47 AM »
 I really just plan on having some more good videos of dp2. Also no point in me  go into orb and watch noob spawn killers lol good joke though

toxikr3

• PGP
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 02:56:47 PM »
People would have one question,

Why would they play this game over the others?

Put some reasons down?

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 05:38:33 PM »
I agree with Myers.  You need to make the game look as good as possible.  Good hr4 textures and good editing software are a must if you want this to have any effect at all.  I recommend Sony Vegas.  You also have to edit the video well so that people actually watch it.  There are tons of DP videos on YouTube and most only have a couple hundred to a thousand views.  If this video is gonna do anything it needs to have at least a hundred thousand views, and links to the game and the forums posted all over the place.  The movie has to be appealing to watch, but also has to sell this game and make people want to download it.

The issue of everyone using a different fov is also a big problem.  When you watch a demo on your DP you see it in the fov YOU use, and not the fov the person recording it uses.  You should try to keep the fov consistent and probably around 90 since it's the default.  If you have it at anything but 90 or have it change for each player, make a note of it and explain why the views are different in the video so people don't get confused.

Make sure your computer is capable of rendering a good HD video too.  All the editing in the world means nothing if the video quality is crap.  If your computer can't render a nice HD movie I would highly suggest editing it then sending it out to someone who could.

Shazam

• PGP
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 03:26:29 AM »
i dont know check the last page of jitspoes plan the hr4 texture dont make it look any better in some cases
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 11:16:32 AM by Shazam »