Author Topic: Seeking Committee Members  (Read 6439 times)

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
Re: Seeking Committee Members
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 01:25:01 AM »
How much time per week would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?

at least 2 - 3 hours a day depending on the issue and the decision made

Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

One example was no more than 4 - 5 hours ago. Removing a member from our dp clan. 1/3 of the clan didnt want this certain person in. and since I am one of the leaders - we as leaders decided to kick him out. I really didnt have an opinion on the matter. (sorry enV)

Are you comfortable with contacting people via email, IRC, Ventrilo, etc. in order to investigate issues?

I usually contact people with IRC or ventrilo so i dont have a problem at all with expanding to other programs.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

If you are presented with a case where it appears somebody has violated the rules, but you can't find enough evidence to prove it 100%, would you vote to punish him or not?

I would  give the person a chance but its most likely that i would give him the minimum consequence. Depends on what the infraction was.

Would you be willing to turn over a friend or clan mate if you suspected him of violating the rules?

Oh yea. in a heartbeat.

Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner?

I have seen more crap at school so this would be nothin different (BRING IT ON)

Why do you feel you would be a good member of the committee?

Because i think that i know a majority of the dp community apart from the few euros that i communicate i feel i would be able to translate what they have to say and help to get their point across - aside from my own

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Seeking Committee Members
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 08:27:09 PM »
Closed.