Author Topic: Seeking Committee Members  (Read 6295 times)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Seeking Committee Members
« on: February 02, 2010, 08:52:09 PM »
This thread is for applications only.  All other posts will be deleted.

As it has been done the last 2 previous times, we are taking the application process as we believe it works best.  Before you bother answering questions, read below.  3 people will be selected, replacing Superman, coLa and oNd.

The whole idea of the committee is to resolve issues to do with DPLogin accounts, such as multiple accounts, and hacking/sharing hacks, etc.  The main things we deal with a multiple accounts.  We occasionally review demos that were submitted with suspicious activity and the sort, occasionally get information about people distributing cheats, etc.  But the main thing we deal with is multiple accounts.  Its most of our work.  And our main communication with these people is email.

Also, I believe we are loosing one of our czech speaking members, and since many of the multiple accounters are czech, it would be nice to have someone that speaks czech on the committee.

How much time per week would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?

Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

Are you comfortable with contacting people via email, IRC, Ventrilo, etc. in order to investigate issues?

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

If you are presented with a case where it appears somebody has violated the rules, but you can't find enough evidence to prove it 100%, would you vote to punish him or not?

Would you be willing to turn over a friend or clan mate if you suspected him of violating the rules?

Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner?

Why do you feel you would be a good member of the committee?

Closing date is 12th February.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 08:27:27 PM by Cameron »

skitzo

• Autococker
Re: Seeking Committee Members
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 09:36:37 PM »
How much time per week would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?

As much time as possible, because of grades I'd be able to get on for sure over the weekends and maybe hop on to check up on stuff during the week.

Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

I'm not sure if I've ever been in those situations personally, maybe once or twice myself but they were awhile back.

Are you comfortable with contacting people via email, IRC, Ventrilo, etc. in order to investigate issues?

Of course.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

I'd honestly have to say about a 4 there.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

8 for this, only because I only actually interact with people from some clans to get match information.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

8 Again.

If you are presented with a case where it appears somebody has violated the rules, but you can't find enough evidence to prove it 100%, would you vote to punish him or not?

Even though there probably would be a lot of drama about it I'd have to go with the ban on most cases.

Would you be willing to turn over a friend or clan mate if you suspected him of violating the rules?

Yes.

Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner?

I can learn.

I've been playing for awhile now and thought that I'd try to help out with decisions and such like this. Yes, I know I'm not a good example as I've been caught cheating before, but I feel I've gotten past that and hope people would at least give me a chance.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 06:49:02 AM »
How much time per week would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up tot he committee:

I would be able to check daily, then depending on what I had planned or homework etc.. I'd probably be able to give about an hour for weekdays, and weekends more.

Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

I probably have, but I don't remember any cool story about it.

Yeh, I leave my IRC on all the time, and alot of new dp'ers use the same vent as me, so it's really fast and easy with those ways. Email is no issue either.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

I used to play pubs daily, now not as much. But I would guess around a 7.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

It would really depend on what I do currently know about the case, what rules were violated, who was providing info about what he did. If I truly didn't find it enough evidence, I would not vote to punish him.

Yes.

Completely, doesn't affect me what somebody is typing behind a computer screen.

I've been active in the pub scene, aswell as the match scene. I'm always on IRC and easy to get into contact with. I've clanned with many people so I know the IRC community really well. For the past year or so i've been active on the forums and for the most part with constructive posts. I'm an active member of this community, and have been for almost two years.

EDIT: Decided to add that I am bilingual, and can speak french if that is any help at all.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 01:58:36 PM by MyeRs »

Scars

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 10:27:17 AM »

Like 6 hours a day. I'm online everyday.

Yes, I have. Not always, but sometimes it happens.

Yes. I have a very good knowledge about IRC, Ventrillo, MSN, emails etc... and can easily contact people.

It depends. I would check every evidences and clues, ask people's opinion about it, do my "detective" job to find something fishy. Otherwise, if I'm not really sure at 100%, I wouldn't vote for punishing him.

Yes.

Yes. People may insult me, I won't cry. They can have their opinion, and I would respect it and be mature.

I have a good knowledge about the game, learnt everything, ready to do everything I can do to help this game, I want to help the committee. I will just, seriously do my best, help everybody and be as active as possible. I know, too, many languages such as English, French, German, Italian, Spanish.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 05:36:06 AM by Scars »

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 01:03:08 PM »

im usually online everyday at least for an hour

Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

yeah the story is too long to explain it here

Yeah no problemo

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

like 7-8

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

No i wouldnt. must have enough proof

Lol why not ? id be more than happy to ban zimt or edge ;)

Yes u can insult me but i insult back, like fl1p does so i dont think this is a problem ?

Ive played like 5 years i know much about the game im easy to get into contact with. im good at spotting a hacker !!!!!

peace

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 02:06:26 PM »
I would say roughly an hour each day, unless something comes up preventing me from doing so.

I've done a lot of work with kids (ski instructor, camp counselor) that might prove to come in handy. In those situations you get plenty of times when kids just wont listen, or even the parents won't listen. After doing it some time, I've gotten used to talking things out and explaining the situation, whatever it may be, in an assertive friendly manner.

Yes

6. I know the vast majority of the American pub scene, but it far less for the Europeans.

8. Similar to my last answer, however I do know more people in the European match scene than I do pubbing.

8. I idle IRC whenever my computer is on, and for the most part know everyone online. The occasional new face pops up.

If it is entirely my opinion, not at all. If I see patterns between hackers and the accused, or other areas that seem suspicious, and other members of the commitee agree, I would trust an informed decision without entire proof. I would never ban anyone based on personal experience/bias without proof.

Yes.

I've gotten fairly good at treating people with short tempers/irrational behavior. I think I could handle the flaming.

Two reasons. The first is an actual Wii Clan I lead back when I was 13 I think. I was a little childish nintendo nerd. I know, embarrassing. However, in the process of running the site I was in charge of a large member base, updating the website, attempting to keep everything together and keeping things under control. I dealt with a lot of complaints about poor leadership and inability to contribute, although most of the time false, I learned how to deal with the criticism you get with power, and the responsibility you have over a member base.
The second reason is just my attitude towards the game. A lot of people criticize me for not taking the game seriously, but all that really means is I don't take my rage out on others, or have any negative outlook on fellow players. It gives me an unbiased opinion on players.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 03:02:26 PM »
As much as i am needed, i serve the mighty jitspoe

Yes, I have, There was this one hot chick we went on a date, then shes like lets do it, so we get to her place and shes like, "oh,well my bf wants to watch" im LIKE WTF MATE, so i made a decision and it was (no)

[b]Are you comfortable with contacting people via email, IRC, Ventrilo, etc. in order to investigate issues?[/b]
Yes, and im a very good stalker

20 i know everyone ( either in a good way or a bad way)

I say innocent until proven guilty

Would you be willing to turn over a friend or clan mate if you suspected him of violating the rules?Hell No,We leave snitches dead in ditches

Yes., im very use to this community

[b]Why do you feel you would be a good member of the committee?[/b]

BECAUSE IM COOL, im hawt, and im rich so ill buy dp2 all kinds of kool stuff

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 03:26:35 PM »
Here is mine.

1. A lot
2. Yes, had one today
3. Yes
4. 10
5. 10
6. 10
7. Ofcourse
8. Yes
9. Sure
10. Because I have been the best one on the committee thus far

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=13377.0

I vow that if I make the committee I will make jitshoe remove the double jump script from the game, making it so no one can use it again.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:28:18 PM by Olbaid »

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 03:31:08 PM »

I would dedicate 1-2 hours per day during week days, and 2 hours or more (when needed) during the weekends. I'm constantly active on the forums, and would generally dedicate whatever time is needed. And this is no lie, other people have said they would be active everyday, but isn't.

Not going to lie, isn't going to get me in a better position for myself. I haven't been in one of these positions, but would like to some-day make a decision like this.

That would be fine, I would contact in any means necessary in order to get relevant information regarding the case.
EDIT: Downloaded Vent, Mumble, TS2 + TS3, Skype and MSN.

8, recently I've been a little inactive due to myself having a few lag issues. At the moment, it seems like the lag is gone and I will come back to the pubbing scene. Back when I had no lag, I used to pub everyday for at least an hour. I suppose I have a general idea of pubs, and will eventually increase my knowledge as soon as I get back to pubbing, which will probably be tomorrow. ;D

8, I'm in an active clan with active members. We would match against every possible clan that would want to play, and match for as long as possible. I currently take an important role in my clan, and have done with many of my formers, I know a lot of the players from Europe, as well as the American scene. I also know many members of the Czech Republic scene, being good friends with [eX] and their members. So contacting certain czechs wouldn't be a problem, if needed.

Definitely 10, I'm on IRC for over 3 hours a day. Currently in 22 active channels, and know the IRC community exceptionally well. Also have contacts with many of the main people of IRC. :)

If I am presented with such a case, I would thoroughly check the evidence thats provided currently, then double-check the evidence to make sure that I fully understand it, and try and get as much evidence collaborated to finally make an accurate judgement. Until enough evidence is provided that is actually legitimate, I would not choose to vote at that time. So my answer would be: I wouldn't vote until enough evidence has been provided that is actually accurate.

It's obviously going to be tough, but when you take up a role such as this, it comes with responsibilities. I would respect those responsibilites, and turn my friend in if I ever suspected him of cheating. It's only e-friends anyhow, not as if they are going to cause a major impact to your real life or schoolwork. :)

I feel that I am finally old enough to understand and take an active role in this community. Over the past few months/years, I've had the community turn on my for many things, which is unfortunate, but I just took it on the chin, and moved on with my life. I wouldn't reply back to them with hurtful comments that could cause flamefests, I would act in a professional manner that would give the impression that I was a confident and mature person, which I someday hope to be.

When I first came to these forums, I was, to put it in a nice way, a pr*ck. I raged on the forums constantly, always making off-topic posts and was never actually reading the thread properly. I felt I didn't understand the forums back then, and is why these actions happened. But I just wanna turn over a new leaf, start fresh, and make it so that I can be known as a good person, not for being a forum troll.. I also made bad impressions in the pub and matching scene back in 2008, and I extremely regret everything I've done. I just wish I could wipe my past gone, and start brand new.
I want to be on the committee to prove to all the people tnat despise me, all the people who think that I'm not capable of doing these things. I want to prove that I am organized, and am actually a good asset to the community. I feel that this is a fantastic oppurtinity to prove this, which will not only bring out the best in me, but also help the DP community to make it cleaner, and a nicer place to be.
As I've said before, I've done a lot of excrement in the past. I completely regret everything I've done, I hopefully think that if I was given this oppurtunity to be in the committee, I could prove to all my critics that I am a good guy really.
I'd be a good member of the committee, because I have contacts in many czech clans, so communicating with the czech members isn't a problem, really. I feel that I'm a great asset to a team, and can work with anyone, no matter what there skills or personality is like. I hope you'll actually read what I've said here, and actually think about what I've said.

I'm not lying in the above statement. I've been fully honest, and just await your reply. Thanks

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:00:25 PM by Kyuuchi »

Santader

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 04:57:31 PM »

2-3 hours per day

Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples

yes, i have. dunno example now

yes

10 in europe

7-8

no

yes, rules are rules

yes

Im fair and active.
And when i catch some multi account or hacker Im really happy, also Im czech (what u need) so I can speak czech, english (i hope) and a little polish or russian.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 06:22:22 PM »
Thought I'd give a try and help the community

1- How much time per week would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?

I usually am online whenever I can which is about over an hour per day, and more on weekends.

2- Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

I've had some minor issues, nothing too major.

3- Are you comfortable with contacting people via email, IRC, Ventrilo, etc. in order to investigate issues?

Yes, I can easily reach other players, whether in IRC, vent or teamspeak, etc...

4- On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

I'd say a 9.

5- On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

6- On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

7- If you are presented with a case where it appears somebody has violated the rules, but you can't find enough evidence to prove it 100%, would you vote to punish him or not?

I would take a look at the evidence and depending on the people involved, their attitude throughout the investigation and based on that I would take a opinion, but until I have further evidence I won't officially vote on any sort of punishment.

8- Would you be willing to turn over a friend or clan mate if you suspected him of violating the rules?

If I was able to prove that he is breaking any rules, would definitely would turn him in.

9- Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner?

Everyone has their opinions, and whether they chose to tell them nicely or in a less mature way doesn't bother me, thus I'd try to answer in the most mature and correct way as possible. Also it feels good knowing you answered calmly to someone raging  ;)

10- Why do you feel you would be a good member of the committee?

For one I can speak several languages such as Spanish, Portuguese, English and I can handle french well, and I think I'll join a German class sometime soon. Also I can be quite objective about my judgement and doubt I would change my opinion based on personal matters.
I may not have the best reputation in this game but that also helps me be more objective.

- Idias

shep

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 05:13:58 AM »
1- How much time per week would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?
I dont have a life im on all the time.

2- Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.
No

3- Are you comfortable with contacting people via email, IRC, Ventrilo, etc. in order to investigate issues?
Yeah no worries im chatty and often have plenty of jokes!!

4- On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.
 IM a pubstar so deffs a 8-9

5- On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.
Easily 10 matching is the best thing about dp and i love playing different clans

6- On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).
I dont idle heaps on IRC but when im on i love a chat 7

7- If you are presented with a case where it appears somebody has violated the rules, but you can't find enough evidence to prove it 100%, would you vote to punish him or not?
Nah i would keep him, if all the evidence wasnt clear, why get rid  of an active member in a small community?

8- Would you be willing to turn over a friend or clan mate if you suspected him of violating the rules?
If i knew he was hacking of course!!100% evidence though.

9- Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner?
IM used to anything the community may want to throw at me. Not gonna change if i joined the commitee

10- Why do you feel you would be a good member of the committee?
- Because im on all the time!!
- This is the only game i play and enjoy it a lot!
- Because im smart and i can work my way around sticky situations
- I can replace the old Australian commitee member who was removed (Rick)
=]

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 06:40:08 PM »

time required would be dependent on the issue raised

all the time.

sure

it would depend on the issue at hand and how it would effect the community itself.

Yea.

Of course.

Nothing like a woman's touch ;) and parlez en francais?

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 04:15:07 AM »
2-4 hours a day

Yeah , but cant really remember

Yes

7?

No

Yes

Of course

Im a fair guy , well known and im easy to get contact with

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 12:32:12 PM »
Like 1-2 hours a day, possibly more if the situation asks for it. I think this is sufficient to solve all matters.

Yes, I have. I've been working for a company since 4 years now, confronting me with difficult issues every day.

I'm online at mIrc, MSN, ICQ and Skype every day after work. I also have TS2, TS3, Mumble and ventrilo.

4-5. I'm not playing on pubs that much anymore, but lately I've noticed that most players from the (active) matchscene are still "pubbing".

Euro: 10
American: 6-7

10, idling all channels from the well known clans

Unless I have the deciding vote, I would always vote yes. If there are reasons to suspect someone, I won't give my vote against a ban. As the world evolves also the hacks have improved, making them harder to spot. The smallest suspicion could catch a hacker...

A rule is a rule. Nobody is bigger than the rule.

If someone is behaving immature after a decision made by someone who's appointed to make decisions, this reflects the personality of this person. This will have absolutely no influence on the way I would make my decisions.

People know (and as far as I know) and respect me for who I am. This has resulted in several people who have told me that I should be in the new commitee. Furthermore I speak several languages and I have my contacts to the East-European players (I've been playing with several of them in the past and still having good contact with them).

Let me be honest, being in the commitee has never been my greatest ambition and it still isn't. However, I have my critics on the current commitee. In the Netherlands we say: if you have criticism on something, make sure you prove that you can do better.
In order to improve the current situation, I'm ready to step up for the challenge.

*** edit ***
solved some grammar issues  ;)

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 09:22:54 AM »

3 hours a day

grey area decisions are every day life, everyone has gone through many.

Yes all work for me.

I would punish him because he has the potential of hacking. basically saying  if it looks like it and couldn't get more i would say yes. Like the impactz situation.

Yes

Yes

I'm on everyday i know people i've been in this game for a long time im easy to be contacted i look at things in a non bias way im just a great guy =D

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 10:08:07 AM »
Deadline for submitting your application is February 12.

kazee

• Stingray
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 05:56:30 PM »

I would be willing to put forth as much time as possible to help the community. Unfortunately I'm currently in college making it difficult to play at times, but I still can easily make time for helping the community!

Yup, was just at the liquor store today.. beer or vodka is always tough. School has been canceled due to snow tomorrow so i went with vodka.

Yes, no problems with any of the three.

10, Kentucky killer is solid.

9, only because I'm not as familiar with euros and the younger community changes their name everyday so I can't keep up.

Depends if the accusations have any basis or not. If its just a bunch of people complaining then no.  I would also look at previous history and how the player reacts to the accusations.

Yes

Immature people that I don't know on a personal level will not affect my manner or decisions.

I've been a member of this community for quite a while and don't take this game too seriously.  Also, my writing is legible.

Leriq

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 11:55:18 PM »

-Minimum of 40 hours - I am on disability and have an abundant about of time to spend on the DP committee.

-When i was painting my room. Was deciding between black and white, so i went with grey.

-Mumble and Teamspeak only.

-14 on a 1-10 scale.

-I know the matching seen well. Especially dedkok.

-I would obviously ban the guy for 1024 days and not look at further evidence, IE RICK

-If he was a minority, sure why not. I heard they don't have real feelings.

-That is disgusting, i really don't want crap thrown at me.

-Yes I do.  I am on disability and not only will i research ALL multi accounts, but find their locations and visit their houses door to door. From here i will thoroughly question their parents to see if there are really 14 kids in the house to make 14 accounts. I have an abundant amount of money from the government since i am disability, and thus can fly anytime i want.
Furthermore I would join s2k so i could help build the s2kommittee empire.

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 12:09:16 AM »

-Yes I do.  I am on disability and not only will i research ALL multi accounts, but find their locations and visit their houses door to door. From here i will thoroughly question their parents to see if there are really 14 kids in the house to make 14 accounts. I have an abundant amount of money from the government since i am disability, and thus can fly anytime i want.
Furthermore I would join s2k so i could help build the s2kommittee empire.

QUESTION: would you be willing to print and distribute litterature at major sporting events? Warning parents of The Dangers of Multi-accounting and How To Talk To Your Kids about multi's?

Other than that I really like the spirit and energy this guy has. I really think he's the breath of fresh air this game needs. He's got my vote and I'm pretty sure thats all that matters. After all, Henrod = s2k = committee.