Author Topic: RE: >>SmD<<'s "win"  (Read 3477 times)

Derrek

• Stingray
RE: >>SmD<<'s "win"
« on: April 10, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »
Since the thread appears to be locked, I thought I would start a new one.  agentsmith made a comment about GT having their own server rules, but did not allow replies to the post...so...here it is again:

http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=1984.msg22419#msg22419

AgentSmith said:

Re: >>SmD<<'s "win"
« Reply #14 on: Today at 08:18:35 AM »

Umm lekky: GT servers have their own rules too ;-)

</agentsmith>

Dude...GT has rules that are related to behaviour on the servers, and use of the servers.  None of our rules are related in anyway to how matches are handled.  Match rules are generaly handled by the clans that are matching.  If there is a disagreement on the rules, then it is argued at that time, if needed.

Posting match rules on the server connect message (the MOTD) is really lame.  Especially if the rules are out of the ordinary, and only used to give a lame clan an advantage to win.

Don't post here saying that GT servers have their own rules regarding matches, cause that is not true, and just makes you look like a fool.  You got a crappy win for crappy attitude.  You should rematch with fair rules.  You don't want to win un-fairly...its just lame.

-Derrek

lekky

• Autococker
Re: RE: >>SmD<<'s "win"
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 04:49:33 PM »
i was going to reply to that post too, however my reply would have been slightly shorter than Derreks.

Quote from: lekky
lmao

AgentSmith

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 07:25:35 AM »
Sry but wehn I wanted to read the link, the rule page was down:D

anyways np the rules will get better on our servers...

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 07:49:04 AM »
What does that mean? I think the point most people here were trying to make is that you shouldn't make match rules for the servers..

AgentSmith

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 02:52:14 PM »
There have to be rules.....

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 04:12:53 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:39:27 AM by P!nk »

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 06:58:28 PM »

Though if the server rules differ the opposing clan should be told well in advance to look over them and agree,

Thats the main problem i personally had with this. The match rules for pbcup were well known by all who took part in it, however, it seems that smd did not know about the rules m&mk put on their server. In fact, there is an air of suspicion that m&mk deliberately held this information back for whatever reasons.

If i'm wrong i apologise.

AgentSmith

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 02:32:39 AM »
lekky, I gave the SmDs the link to the rules and asked if they agree, they just said whatever let's play...

@P!nk, I think most ppl here didnt even look on our rules, they just critisized (No idea how to spell that correct) that there are rules without even looking at them..

-Serverrules

MosheD

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 03:10:43 AM »
@P!nk, I think most ppl here didnt even look on our rules, they just critisized (No idea how to spell that correct) that there are rules without even looking at them..

Yeah, because, Gt's rules, are the rules, which make sense, and they are the ones, the community played with, so many years...

In the basics, nearly every server got the same rules, maybe one got a "cap flood protection", and another not..
but the basics are the same

You made rules, which doesn't modify the gameplay, but the "handle of the match", as derrek already said.
And if u give some guys, who just want to play, a link to your rules.. seriously: Did u really think, they would look at it?

Better take rules, everyone knows..
e.g if you played  1-1, both teams have to select a tiemap

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 05:18:21 AM »
Owned up and just doesnt want to accept it.

AgentSmith

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 06:49:01 AM »
PLayah, what do YOU want to know about the rules the community played with for years, how long are u playing the game? half a year?!

umm, I sent them the link, if they dont read its not my problem.. anyways As I told you we haven't added the 1st match as a win for us, since it was 1:1 , but they added a win..

they even added a win when we beat them the 2nd time (2:0 ) so talk to them, not to me...

[b]east

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 10:02:38 AM »
maybe they added a win cuz u said "we" won...

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 04:20:49 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:39:24 AM by P!nk »

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 04:29:40 AM »
PLayah, what do YOU want to know about the rules the community played with for years, how long are u playing the game? half a year?!

umm, I sent them the link, if they dont read its not my problem.. anyways As I told you we haven't added the 1st match as a win for us, since it was 1:1 , but they added a win..

they even added a win when we beat them the 2nd time (2:0 ) so talk to them, not to me...

I know about matching WAY more than you. You CANT make up your own match rules for your server. Match rules have always been like those in the match basics -thread by jitspoe. Oh i think you knew better about matching than me...see? wrong. Anyways, if you had asked them if they wanna play with some changes in the rules, you have to write it to them personally. I dont think anyone would have read those serverside - match rules since the match rules have always been best of 3 maps. You should have asked them if they´d want to play with 2 maps and then take the point difference.

AgentSmith

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2006, 08:37:12 AM »
Sure you know REALLY MUCH ABOUT MATCHING PLAYAH since you already had over 1000 matches and made the game and everything....

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2006, 09:50:15 AM »
he did over 300 matches

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2006, 11:39:02 AM »
Sure you know REALLY MUCH ABOUT MATCHING PLAYAH since you already had over 1000 matches and made the game and everything....
Go read (while you read you also think about what youre reading) my post again and then i hope you´ll agree that this post of you is wrong. You might also get a temp ban from here for this kind of behaviour so watch out ;)

AgentSmith

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2006, 12:15:30 PM »
oh yes ban me mighty playah...

jitspoes Match basics thread was made AFTER the match with smd...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2006, 12:26:41 PM »
Playah was referring to this: http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=2091.0

Your behavior is borderline, so try to keep yourself in check.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2006, 09:50:05 AM »
oh yes ban me mighty playah...

jitspoes Match basics thread was made AFTER the match with smd...

Are you trying to insult me? And are you sure i said that ill ban you? Look at jit´s post and also I wasnt even referring to the match basics thread made by jits but to the overall matching standards that are defined for nearly everyone of the non-newbies.