Author Topic: Connection issues  (Read 2658 times)

PwNno0bS

• Stingray
Connection issues
« on: February 13, 2010, 03:35:40 PM »
that is what happens to me EVERYTIME i play..i moved my adapter closer to the modem but im gonna move it again since its in another room. But my sister doesnt have this problem and she's in another room too, but we both have the same type of adapter..Netgear..well if you can help me thank you :)

lester456

• Stingray
Re: Connection issues
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 03:43:07 PM »
Turn your netgraph on by typing "netgraph 1" into the console (without the ") and remake the video. It's useless this way.

PwNno0bS

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 05:29:11 PM »
as you can see i did that..but then it did this

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 08:15:50 AM »
Does it happen on every server? Or are you going into some homerun horrible server on the other side of the world?
Do you have good/highspeed internet?
What graphics card do you currently have? [type cl_drawfps 1] to check your frames per second, and cl_drawpps 1 to check your packets per second.

You can use settings that reduce lag and all, but I figure its your connection since get the plugin thing at the top of your screen.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 12:32:44 PM »
What does a video card have to do with connection lag? LOL

Check your cmd rate [cl_cmdrate] and your rate [rate].
Does this happen on all games that you play?
It looks like you're playing in an OTB speed server.  Those are located in Europe and you are in the US.  So you're gonna get some lag, but it shouldn't be that bad.  Your netgraph is a lot of white spikes so it's probably your connection settings or internet speed. 

PwNno0bS

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 08:42:34 PM »
Yea its happens on every server lol, i have dsl with at&t. I have no clue what my graphics card is and someone told me to change my rate to 5000 and my cl_cmdrate to 40.. And no it only happens on paintball, and bit-torrent lol and sometimes xfire cant really tell cause i usually have paintball open with my xfire. my fps bounces from 148 up to 170 and down again and it doesn't show me the pps.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 12:37:39 AM »
I recommend closing everything that uses internet besides paintball.  Set your cl_cmdrate to 60.  Try to play on American servers such as any 3iob server, any uR server, any FR4G server, any vF server, and any s2k server.

You could also try to update the firmware on your router and the newest drivers for you network card.  Other than that there really isn't anything we can do.  It's probably your ISP if anything.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 05:05:11 AM »
I recommend closing everything that uses internet besides paintball.  Set your cl_cmdrate to 60.  Try to play on American servers such as any 3iob server, any uR server, any FR4G server, any vF server, and any s2k server.

You could also try to update the firmware on your router and the newest drivers for you network card.  Other than that there really isn't anything we can do.  It's probably your ISP if anything.

Apparently, FR4G server lagspike. So perhaps try to avoid the FR4G servers

PwNno0bS

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 10:59:46 PM »
ok thnx i'll try it out