Author Topic: My suggestion about the bboard  (Read 4207 times)

Mister_Zimbu

• PGP
My suggestion about the bboard
« on: June 29, 2002, 01:49:00 PM »
I think the bboard should revert back to the older style, before captured.com so rudely changed it.  It just seemed alot better and alot less complex for what we're aiming for.  We're a small community of only about 100-200 people, so we don't need all the complexities of a major bboard.

Basically the changes I'm suggesting are:
-- Consolidate it all into one "general" section, or, at the very least, don't shuffle topics around if they're in the "general" section (ie, don't move a topic about a map in the general forum to the mapping forum).

-- There shouldn't be a need to register a nick.  I think the old boards worked fine where we just put in our names and started chatting away.  Even better, do what the q3pball boards used to do-- make it so you CAN register your nick, but it's not required.  If there's a nick conflict, the person with the registered nick takes precedence.

Razor

• VM-68
Re: My suggestion about the bboard
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2002, 07:42:00 PM »
In regards to the the not having to register nicks.  You are then gonna get flamers that will use other peoples names if you don't have to register them.  And I can think of a few people off the top of my head that would do stuff like that.

I think your idea would be great if it was still like old school days where we didn't have 95% of the community under the age of 16.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2002, 09:02:54 PM »
Yeah... I'll prolly lump everything together.  These boards aren't used enough to have all the different sections.  The problem is, I might not be able to do it w/o wiping posts from the other forums.  And we did originally have this board set up so you didn't have to register, but certain people handled it very immaturely... if you catch my drift.

Mister_Zimbu

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2002, 06:32:17 AM »
Sounds good.