Author Topic: how to make crosshairs?  (Read 6529 times)

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
how to make crosshairs?
« on: February 22, 2010, 12:10:19 PM »
ok, well i have searched and all the other topics seem a bit vague, so i made a new one. well i have been trying to create my own crosshairs using photoshop cs4. to make them i create a layer and set the opacity to 0%. i then make a new layer. onto this i put the design and remove and white areas etc. using the magic wand tool and deleting to show the background with the design left. i then save it as a psd. and not tga, or pcx. as i had problems with them before. i then use pconverter to convert to tga. and also resize to 16x16 pixels, however the crosshair looks badly pixeleted (sry i cant spell), is it something i am doing wrong with the process or should i try using a different converter? or save straight from photoshop?. thanks

_burnt

• Autococker
Re: how to make crosshairs?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 12:27:51 PM »
ok, well i have searched and all the other topics seem a bit vague, so i made a new one. well i have been trying to create my own crosshairs using photoshop cs4. to make them i create a layer and set the opacity to 0%. i then make a new layer. onto this i put the design and remove and white areas etc. using the magic wand tool and deleting to show the background with the design left. i then save it as a psd. and not tga, or pcx. as i had problems with them before. i then use pconverter to convert to tga. and also resize to 16x16 pixels, however the crosshair looks badly pixeleted (sry i cant spell), is it something i am doing wrong with the process or should i try using a different converter? or save straight from photoshop?. thanks

Why don't you just create a transparent layer and do the artwork there? Then you don't need to remove any white areas etc :)

And save it straight from PS as .tga, i don't know why would you use converter.

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 12:47:48 PM »
ok thanks jeejee. its just that when i saved straight as tga once the colours were all messed up, idk why it was weird, but ill try it like this, ty  :)

Aniki

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 11:23:09 PM »
when i try to make my own crosshair the white part still shows even tho i deleted it with that magic wand tool =S any ideas why is that?

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 11:35:36 PM »
save as tga or pcx

Aniki

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 05:17:17 PM »
i did save it as tga, but it still doesn't work here's the original pic-

and here's how to looks when i save it as a pcx-

and this is how it looks like when i save it as tga-

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 08:47:45 AM »
to get rid of the white square you gotta make sure that the backround in which ur ch is on is a transparent backround. best program for crosshairs is gimp.